McKeewa

CJTF101's EDITOR v1.1

Thanks for the great editor addition.

One problem though, I do not have any lamps (street lights, floods or even table lamps).

I believe that I got the latest version, and checked every folder several times, but no luck.

Were they removed?

There is some lamps under the +civ (halogen, street, decorated etc... I will rename them to make them easier to find.)

There is no On or Off model, There is just lamps, Off in daylight, and On by night.

Great addition and thanks for all your hard work.

This is a silly question Im sure but how do you force the placed buildings to align straight up and not follow the contour of the terrain?

I gave the tip in the OP :

PROTIP : use this setVectorUp [0,0,1]; in the INIT textfield of your item to make it perfectly vertical.

Don't forget to play with elevation if there is a bit of terrain in your living room =)

Happy to hear that you like the mod.

Please, be advised that you can find the last version of the mod behind my own link.

My Own Link

I'm gonna try to update a new version soon.

Thanks Keewa. My mistake;

I installed the "@cjtf101editor" folder that contained the "@cjtf101editor" folder.

Ooooops....

But I still have one problem and a request too.

The problem is that neither the Halogen Lamp or Decorated Lamp show up in the preview. The icons are there, just not the lights.

The request is; If you would please include the Shabby Lamp (I think that's what it was called) in the next update.

It just seems to fit the mood of the lonely gravel roads and the poorer areas that I like to set my missions in.

And even if you choose not to...thanks again for the work you've done already. It really adds a lot.

Thanks for the "protip", just wondering, how can you LOWER objects into the ground? I'm trying to lower the lamp.

Edited by Kupcho
another question

Great addon!! :cheers:

i love being able to add my own custom towns/bases to the maps!

one thing id like to point out, that i've run into, is that if you are using multiple addons (i.e. retexture/reconfigure packs, multiple maps, ESPECIALLY @AllInArma) you run into the max memory bound (hardcoded for Memory and softcoded for VRAM @ 2047 MB) which will cause your game to freeze/crash right before the main menu.

A way around this would be to only run Arma with this mod enabled and any addon map you wish to edit, place down towns/bases/camps and restart your game with whatever addons you run (minus CJTF101's EDITOR). Then edit your mission to your liking. The objects will still be on the map, you just wont be able to place any more of them down.

Enjoy! :D

Thanks for the "protip", just wondering, how can you LOWER objects into the ground? I'm trying to lower the lamp.

That would be the all mighty setPosATL function.

its called by:

this setPosATL [(getPosATL this select 0),(getPosATL this select 1),(getPosATL this select 2)-10]; where select 0 is x-axis (East/West), select 1 is z-axis(North/South), and select 2 is your y-axis (Up/Down).

You would need to initialize that before your "setVectorUp" function.

Although, I would not recommend using this for something you will be placing a lot of, such as lamps along a road, as it will drop your frame rate considerably.

Thanks Baconator. I need to put this code into the init field of the item I'm placing...correct?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I'm pretty new to ArmA, and just beginning to learn how to do things here.

Thats correct.

No problem. Keep at it and you'll get the hang of it :ok: it took me 6 months of lurking the scripting wiki's before i even created an account lol

There is no On or Off model, There is just lamps, Off in daylight, and On by night.

Hi Keewa.

The lights are not turned on, even if I set the time of day to 2:00AM, 3AM.. ect.

The small street lap is on be default, but not the larger lap. I don't have any issues with the objects height. I just can't get the light to turn on.

By the way, thank you for this amazing addon. the accessible content is priceless!

If I am not mistaken or something has changed recently most of the lamps are either on or off regardless of night or day it just depends on the light you select. If you look really close you can see them on during the day. I think this was a complaint put on the issue tracker about performance and wasted resources with light sources on during the day so not sure if BIS has changed that or not (probably not).

If I am not mistaken or something has changed recently most of the lamps are either on or off regardless of night or day it just depends on the light you select. If you look really close you can see them on during the day.

I hear you Delta, but this is not the issue.

I'm responding to Keewa's post when he said:

This is not the case for me. The street light is always off. (Running the latest steam arma III W/ No other add-ons.)

I don't have scripting experience, so I'm trying to figure out how to get this to work or what the INIT would be for this type of addon.

note: The lap for his add-on illuminates fine, just not the street lap.

PBO file: CJTF101_EDITOR.pbo

Created: Wednesday, ‎October ‎23, ‎2013, â€â€Ž8:59:59 PM

Modified: ‎Friday, ‎September ‎27, ‎2013, â€â€Ž11:59:34 AM

Checksum: F619872A79BCAA84E2F18004E6935D77

Edited by starstreams

That's quite interesting issue.

At the moment, I have no solution.

I'm gonna look at this, but for now...

Hi Keewa

Is this add on only server side? Maybe because I'm previewing it in the editor, it needs to be loaded as a singer player mission?

With regard to that, my saved single player missions are not showing up in the scenario. I'm not sure how you even view your own missions in the game under ArmA 3. None of the sub menus under the "main play menu" shows the map I saved as a singer player. I know for a fact that I saved it.

In ArmA II, I would just load my saved missions from the singer player menu. I know this is unrelated to the original issue.

Note, all the addons in your CJTF101 load fine. Everything seems to be working great. It's just the street light will not light even if I set the time to 2 am, 3am, 4am.. ect.

It's completely turned off. I tested it again after this last 1.06 update. I tried it under both islands also.

Edited by starstreams

I'm sorry starstreams, but I don't understand your issue

Anyway, UPDATE is here, with:

StreetLamp

Airport Lamp

Decorated Lamp

Halogen lamp

and small street lamp

(under +civ)

ALL working by night (tested on dedicated server).

UPDATE 2013-12-01

Sorry for the fix time.

Have a good day.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (titibond) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Thanks for the update Keewa!

/KC

Tried this out. A really quick & easy way to put extra buildings in your mission without hunting down long lists of classnames. I like the fact that they are grouped into different classes which really speeds things up.

any way to get these added in? or am I not looking in the right place (searched everywhere and cannot find them):

Land_PortableLight_double_F

Land_PortableLight_single_F

Land_FloodLight_F (this one might be there already)

thx!

I cant find in Arma 3 editor.. I dont know why, i do everythink what is in instructions. :(

so with the @A3MP pack, and the incoming AiA Standalone we are building missions in the Arma 3 editor using A2 assets e.g. Takistan map with Takistan buildings.

Is it possible to add these class names too ?

Appreciate you might need to name them something lile +A2 or something to distinguish them..

Sj

Above sounds like a very good idea, I use this mod ALL the time while editing being able to distinguish would be great as well.

Hi poeple, news over there !

changelog : 2014-03-27 : version v1.14.0326

Rewriting of all the mod.

Fixing of several bugs and coding issues.

Lot of things boring to write here.

New stuff :)

Link @101_editor.rar

Oooh, an update. Excellent. Submarines ahoy, I hope! :p

any way to get these added in? or am I not looking in the right place (searched everywhere and cannot find them):

Land_PortableLight_double_F

Land_PortableLight_single_F

Land_FloodLight_F (this one might be there already)

thx!

Ok, I took a note, I'll check to that.

so with the @A3MP pack, and the incoming AiA Standalone we are building missions in the Arma 3 editor using A2 assets e.g. Takistan map with Takistan buildings.

Is it possible to add these class names too ?

Appreciate you might need to name them something lile +A2 or something to distinguish them..

Sj

I'll think about it. I'm not gonna merge A2 and A3 content in the same .pbo, this is totally sure, but I might try to make a A2 version. I'll check that too.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (titibond) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Thanks for keeping this up to date Keewa - I never open A3 without it loaded