Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

A3 and DayZ share anything?

Simple question, do they?

I don't expect anything on the MP side of things, but models, sounds, animations, systems and so forth.

I can understand the VBS2 =\= Arma, different engines and companies but having two similiar projects in the same timeframe and space (mostly?) would make sense to do in one and implement in the other, both ways. One stone, two birds kind of thing.

Well DayZ is developed on ToH engine. Every item is completley redone, sounds will be a thing that they'll do very late so they might take Arma 3's sound engine, I don't see any Arma 3 animations all are new (except jump animation?) and player skeleton is bit different according to this. Crosshair looks the same :D

Big thing in DayZ is that every item is their own entity or whatever the word is (sorry can't remember) so every item can be damaged etc and in Arma 3 they are just strings.

All in all I really don't see that they even share much but the RV engine.

Edited by St. Jimmy

They both use the same new environment/ lighting system afaik. I'd love to know if any of the changes they will make to help with DayZ's multiplayer performance will be able to help Arma3 in the future. I hope so.

as i know, dayz sa is toh so to say rv 3.5 engine, and arma 3 is rv4 engine. Only the developers i say.

I sure hope we get some of those fine looking hats as DLC... and the medical system :)

They both use the same new environment/ lighting system afaik. I'd love to know if any of the changes they will make to help with DayZ's multiplayer performance will be able to help Arma3 in the future. I hope so.

Not sure about that lighting because Rocket has said that night time looks horrible in DayZ. DayZ isn't DirectX 11 so in that way it isn't the same that you could just port it and that might be the reason for ugly night time.

They do share some tech, which was branched at some point. DayZ's engine has been described as "RV 2.5". As an example, they have ragdoll in DayZ, but have their own tech like improved medical system etc.

Suma and Lord Butcha :)

And probably more.

They do share some tech, which was branched at some point. DayZ's engine has been described as "RV 2.5". As an example, they have ragdoll in DayZ, but have their own tech like improved medical system etc.

RV 3.5 isn't it? And the plans to create an "RV World" that started with TkOH Rearmed, already sinked?

Most things only developer_bis.png can answer.

It's "RV 3.5", DMarkwick may be mistaking it with Rocket's characterization of the DayZ engine as "Arma 2.5".

As far as I Know, they also work on a different Client server Architecture, since the Arma 3 Architecture is made for modability and Clan/Squadbased Coop/ruled TVT games with admins looking out that nothing badly happens (hacking and such)

while DayZ is more Random-Encounter based, so people tend to hack (wich is still easy doable in arma 3, if it wheren't for BattlEye.) wich showed off in the Arma 2 Mod Version.

i think the biggest difference (and also difference in the Engine) is at that point.

And probably more.

RV 3.5 isn't it? And the plans to create an "RV World" that started with TkOH Rearmed, already sinked?

Most things only http://forums.bistudio.com/images/avatars/developer_bis.png can answer.

mo idea what rv worl is, but if you mean, all arma games combined with arma 3, has been in plans, but after they have changed a lot in rv 4, this is hardly to do. Instead, we will be geting arma 2 models sources.

Suma and Lord Butcha :)

I agree +++++++++ spanelhair_1_991.jpg

ONDREJ "For a lead programmer it's very important not to have his hair cut too much, as it could have detrimental effects on his mental capabilities. Einstein anyone? ;)"

So, do they?

Speculations apart, got nowhere so far.

Hi!

This is... something: http://i.imgur.com/mQpnKk8.png

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/395965502662533120

and

Added: Small objects (courtesy of the DayZ stand-alone team):

Canteen

Water bottle

Baked beans

Cereal box

Powdered milk

Rice

Antibiotics

Bandages

Blood bag

Defibrillator

Disinfectant spray

Pain killers

Vitamin bottle

Water purification tablets

Duct tape

Batteries

Box of matches

Butane canister

Butane torch

Heatpack

Gas cooker

Gas canister (medium)

Can opener

Tin container

Fire extinguisher

Shovel

Metal wire

What else? Animations, clothing\gear, weapon, systems (medic, melee), sounds....furniture?

Or you are doing some work twice? :j:

DayZ looking nice!

Edited by Smurf
Sauce! and some button pushing :D

best they share everything. because if not, then wow, we're stuck with this silly copy and paste bullshit. the dayz stuff actually have better quality as well. clearly the best bis artists have been assigned to the priority project leaving arma 3 in the hands of some intern

best they share everything. because if not, then wow, we're stuck with this silly copy and paste bullshit. the dayz stuff actually have better quality as well. clearly the best bis artists have been assigned to the priority project leaving arma 3 in the hands of some intern

What's the word I'm looking for.... Ah yes.

,,l,.

How about if a player who owns Arma 3 purchased Dayz Standalone, then he/she will be able to use Dayz's visually upgraded Chernarus in Arma 3 as a third terrain?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15941

If I remember right someone took Chernarus+ from the leaked version and played Arma 2 or Arma 3 with it. I think this might be easily plausible. Very likely not allowed to link that kind of thing here like in DayZ forums so I won't even search for it...

DayZ is sharing the new sun ray technology and rain will be one thing also or at least some kind of new rain is coming.

If I remember right someone took Chernarus+ from the leaked version and played Arma 2 or Arma 3 with it. I think this might be easily plausible. Very likely not allowed to link that kind of thing here like in DayZ forums so I won't even search for it...

DayZ is sharing the new sun ray technology and rain will be one thing also or at least some kind of new rain is coming.

I am not requesting Arma 3 to have a copy of the dayz map but rather "share" it when a player owns both games.