Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

SVN: How does it behave? Does it show an error or is there simply no SVN option?
File: There must be something looping a regex, I will take a look at it :)

Edit, sqf file:
I found it, line 173, there's an array declared over multiple lines (switch>>default>>"dep_u_soldier"), once merged into one line, the file loads correctly  :292:

By the way, you can restore Poseidon to its default state by running restoreDefault.exe, located in the root directory of Poseidon.

SVN: How does it behave? Does it show an error or is there simply no SVN option?

File: There must be something looping a regex, I will take a look at it :)

Edit, sqf file:

I found it, line 173, there's an array declared over multiple lines (switch>>default>>"dep_u_soldier"), once merged into one line, the file loads correctly  :292:

By the way, you can restore Poseidon to its default state by running restoreDefault.exe, located in the root directory of Poseidon.

SVN. Clicking the menu items from the tortoise menu does nothing. The options are there but no error messages and nothing happens when clicking them.

FILE: Yes my apologies or at least, from the coder who wrote that line! We found the error and fixed it and the file loads happily into Poseidon now.

Thank you! :)

• Like 1

Strange, I've unable to reproduce it. From the tortoise config, can you set debug to true then show the console (View>>Show Console), and try to update? The console should mention what's going on; same test as admin.

The only cause I see is it fails to start or find the executable of SVN.

Strange, I've unable to reproduce it. From the tortoise config, can you set debug to true then show the console (View>>Show Console), and try to update? The console should mention what's going on; same test as admin.

The only cause I see is it fails to start or find the executable of SVN.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 351, in run_
    return self.run(**args)
  File ".\Tortoise.py", line 58, in handler
  File ".\Tortoise.py", line 121, in run
  File ".\Tortoise.py", line 445, in sync
  File ".\Tortoise.py", line 297, in __init__
  File ".\subprocess.py", line 633, in __init__
  File ".\subprocess.py", line 842, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

After an install of Windows 10, Poseidon and Tortoise, this has started working again.

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

Feature request

There doesn't seem to be any tool in the editor to compare files of the same name.

I'm currently converting a lot of code from 2 similar missions into 1 mission and ideally would love this tool to show me the list of files with the same name in defined directories that are disimilar 

I'll have to use another app for now , but thought it might be worthy of a post in the of chance that you might implement it

• Like 1

In Poseidon itself, this could be achieved with the quick search panel (ctrl+p) but it's not ideal unless you have a file list used as a check list (that's the first method which comes into my mind, there might be others). To make such list (or simply compare), I'd rather opt for a third party like Total Commander which has a dedicated tool to compare and synchronize directories, then you can see the diff from Poseidon.

The only thing planned in "this area" is to add an option to open the generated the diff with TortoiseMerge and therefore, be able to easily edit the compared files, side by side.

Hi, thanks for the ping, it looks like I failed with my redirect rules when I moved my server, it's now fixed on the Wiki page :292:

• Like 1

Hey Tom.

First of all, thanks for this incredible tool. Best one out there, if you ask me :)

Here's a "little" suggestion:

I think it would be awesome if Poseidon was able to read stringtables (maybe autodetect them in a project folder) and load them as snippets.

There are some useful things this could include:

- mark strings that are not in the stringtable yet.

- display the translated strings somehow or have a function to jump directly to the stringtable entry (pitty that ST2 doesn't support tooltips)

Hey Tom.

First of all, thanks for this incredible tool. Best one out there, if you ask me :)

Here's a "little" suggestion:

I think it would be awesome if Poseidon was able to read stringtables (maybe autodetect them in a project folder) and load them as snippets.

There are some useful things this could include:

- mark strings that are not in the stringtable yet.

- display the translated strings somehow or have a function to jump directly to the stringtable entry (pitty that ST2 doesn't support tooltips)

Not sure it's the best but it surely does the job :292:

Reading the string table and load then as "auto-completion items"  should be doable. I will take a look and see what I can do.

• Like 3

Where is "installer.exe" ? in archive is folder Sources with program but i cant see any installer program inside !

Where is "installer.exe" ? in archive is folder Sources with program but i cant see any installer program inside !

The installer is available here: PoseidonTools\Data\Bin\Core\installer.exe but purely optional. Currently, only prototypes and unfinished features use it.

Is it possible to move posseidon to Sublime 3?

Actually I want highDPI scaling. 

I have been using poseidon for some time, I have not updated it, and now that I have it in the latest version, I can not predefine poseidon as the program to open the sqf, ext, .hhp etc and I have to open owned, and open the filesFrom the menu. Install it by copying and pasting the folder.How can I predefined pose as the program to open those files?