Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

With the snippets is there a way to auto-populate some of the fields?

I have a snippet that has an author and date created/modified tags setup I'd like to have both them fill themselves out when I use the snippet.

On 1/11/2016 at 9:29 AM, foamytrg said:

I was having the same issue so I did some testing to see if I could narrow down the cause. What I discovered is, it seems to be a Git issue. If you add a folder from a Git directory it causes the error. If you move the files and folders into a Non-Git folder the error doesn't occur. 

Now I am guessing many of the folks that would use this software also use Git so this is a problem. Having to move files from a git directory to edit them and then having to move them back to Git to update Git is definitely not ideal and could easily create file version confusion.

I've encountered the same issue. @Tom_48_97 ☠ - is there anything you can do about this?

Any reason why Poseidon doesn't handle large files very well (unlike Notepad++)?

On 9/18/2017 at 8:22 PM, R. Razor [WP] said:

With the snippets is there a way to auto-populate some of the fields?

I have a snippet that has an author and date created/modified tags setup I'd like to have both them fill themselves out when I use the snippet.

There already is a macro for the user name ($TM_FULLNAME), as for the date, I'll see what I can do.

1 hour ago, Neviothr said:

Any reason why Poseidon doesn't handle large files very well (unlike Notepad++)?

It depends on the file type, currently, the RPTs are the most problematic, it mainly is because of the regular expressions used to parse the file which could use some optimization.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:37 PM, Neviothr said:

I've encountered the same issue. @Tom_48_97 ☠ - is there anything you can do about this?

I'm not using GIT myself (not even installed), I will try to fix the issue but probably not with the next update which is almost ready.

Feature request:

The misc tools-> make private statement is useful. I use it a lot, though I suspect you're going to tell me off for poor coding habits. :)

Anyway, the make private thingy, I get that it looks through all the selected code and makes a private statement for any private variables it finds and that it cunningly excludes magic variables like _foreachindex, _this and _x.

Could be made to also exclude variables which have already been privated, for example, ones created by a params statement, or ones created by the alternative syntax such as 

private _scripttime= floor serverTime;

When it sees _scripttime used inside the selected code, it adds it to it's generated private statement and it shouldn't do.

Thanks

Tanky -Paul

Will this be reconfigured to run on Sublime Text 3?  Or is there something I can do to get it to work with ST3 myself?  Thanks in advance.  Love this tool.

• Thanks 1

Is this awesome tool still being updated? Only ask as upto Arma 3 1.84 and I know they keep adding and changing SQF commands. Thanks

@Tom_48_97

Almost a year past.

Let me ask too.

Is there any chance to get Poseidon Tools based on Sublime 3?
As for me, I want it due to:

• Ligatures
  • 4K resolution support

PS Snippet editor ruin snippets by missing <![CDATA[ wrapping

• Like 1

Hello,
This is a bottle at sea....  I can't open external tools from poseidon (sublime text 2). The bat console says:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma était inattendu.    (unexpected in English)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PoseidonTools\Data\Packages\Bin\fsmEditor>

If any one could help. There is a forest for steam and common files sub-folders! I don't know where/how to declare the paths.

hello thank u very much for ur great work.

i downloaded this tool to open mission.sqm.   

copied n pasted "poseidon" folder from download folder to D (my os is win7)

but there was no edit_file_assoc.bat to open sqm file.

when I opened mission.sqm with Poseidon.exe in Sources folder, i could only see numbers...as shown the following link.

what is this?

@Tom_48_97 any chance to open source Poseidon tools, so the community can maintain it further?

Sycholic says:

February 17, 2020 at 8:50 AM

It has been several years since anything has been released. If possible to continue on your work by the Arma community could you release your source code on github/git please? Thank you for your time and hard work on this in the past, hoping to maybe continue this on and bring it up to date with Arma in 2020.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 7:54 AM, pierremgi said:

RIP Poseidon

Sad, but true