Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

How can I predefined pose as the program to open those files?

Right-click on *.sqf file, select 'open with...' -> tick the 'always open with this app' box -> select 'more apps' -> scroll down to the bottom of the list and select 'look for another app on this PC' -> explore to where you have the tool exe.

Can't remember if that works or did it involve some registry fiddling  :shrug:

Anyways, been meaning to say for the longest time that absolutely love this tool been using it since forever.
But of course one must give a suggestion or two, otherwise why post :f::
- Would love to see a possibility to 'alphabetize' and 'arrange by filetype' for the side bar. Dunno if that's even possible, but throwing it out there amongst the others..

Feature request if you're up for it, @Tom_48_97 ☠.

When I'm typing, Poseidon predicts the commands or statements I might want. Could it predict vehicle classnames when I'm typing inside a speechmark pair?

• Like 1

@Tankbuster, I'll need to test the performance first because that makes a big list of class names.

@h -, the sorting of the file list - In the list :)

@logan_83, if the path to Poseidon Tools is defined in the options of Arma 3 Tools, File Assoc should be able to do it :icon_cool:

280_e9a7d1447ff598e8.jpg

Change log:

• Added: SQF definitions for Arma 3 1.71+

Download

• Like 2

On 18/4/2017 at 1:56 PM, h - said:

Right-click on *.sqf file, select 'open with...' -> tick the 'always open with this app' box -> select 'more apps' -> scroll down to the bottom of the list and select 'look for another app on this PC' -> explore to where you have the tool exe.

Can't remember if that works or did it involve some registry fiddling  :shrug:

Anyways, been meaning to say for the longest time that absolutely love this tool been using it since forever.
But of course one must give a suggestion or two, otherwise why post :f::
- Would love to see a possibility to 'alphabetize' and 'arrange by filetype' for the side bar. Dunno if that's even possible, but throwing it out there amongst the others..

Nopes, dont work, i try this when update, but the poseidon icon dosnt appear, then i give the path to the poseidon exe, and dont work... uhm, what values have to change in regedit to do this?

Have you tried FileAssoc as described in my previous message? 

From the registry, it's a bit more tricky:

The trail of breadcrumbs starts here: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sqf 

In here, if there is shell\open\command, from the last, you will need to change the default key by "L:\PathTo\PoseidonTools\Poseidon.exe" "%l"

Or, if there just is a key named default with a value (I.e. BI_Script), you will need to do the same but in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\BI_Script\shell\open\command

Hi Tom,

Is there a way for me to record snippets?   Recording macros can be a pain if they are long ones.  I looked up how to do it in Sublime, but the option seems to be missing in Posideon.

Thanks

@das attorney, there is a basic prototype of UI in Preferences >> Snippets, otherwise, they can be manually added in PoseidonTools\Data\Packages\User\Snippets. In case you need some samples, the default snippets are stored here: PoseidonTools\Data\Packages\Snippets.

Also, if you have any snippets that could be useful for everyone, feel free to send them to me, I will be more than happy to add them into the default build :)

<snippet>
	<description>description</description>
	<content><![CDATA[
[${1:position},${2:interval@number},${3:brightness@Number},${4:newspapers@bool}] call BIS_fnc_sandstorm;
]]></content>
	<tabTrigger>hello</tabTrigger>
	<scope>source.sqf</scope>
</snippet>

Edited by Tom_48_97 ☠
Added: Snippet code
  • Like 2

I found a minor bug, 

// Note

is pink in CPP and HPP files, but not in SQF files.

@Tom_48_97 ☠  Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I found an option in the UI which is preferences >> explore snippets, but when I click it, a dialog pops up saying "Do you want to run snippets manager?  Prototype:  use at your own risk".

But when I click it, nothing happens.  Possible problem with my installation or can anyone else see this too?

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, das attorney said:

@Tom_48_97 ☠  Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I found an option in the UI which is preferences >> explore snippets, but when I click it, a dialog pops up saying "Do you want to run snippets manager?  Prototype:  use at your own risk".

But when I click it, nothing happens.  Possible problem with my installation or can anyone else see this too?

Thanks.

The snippet editor appears for me.

http://imgur.com/UOqigBw

Well... it doesn't in that screenshot. lol. wait 1...

• Like 1

No problem.

Are you having any joy? I've tried opening the default snippets but am getting an Unhandled exception. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

No luck - I deleted Posideon and did a reinstall from Toms website but it just hangs again when I try to open it.

Where are you installing Poseidon? I usually drop the entire contents of the sources folder into a Poseidon folder in Program Fiels (x86). That cleared up a few oddities for me.

If the Snippet Editor doesn't show up, it probably is because Poseidon Tools is not registered in the Windows Registry. To do so, just run "Refresh registry" from the preferences menu or run it manually from here: "PoseidonTools\Data\Bin\Core\Installer.exe". Let me know if that fixes your issue.

To be noted that it is very basic and a prototype, yes but I would even add a very early one :)

On 7/21/2017 at 10:35 AM, Neviothr said:

I found a minor bug, 

// Note

is pink in CPP and HPP files, but not in SQF files.

Good catch, it's because I've never used that with scripts, I will add it to the SQF with the next update. By the way, the keywords are Todo, Note and Check.

• Like 4

Found another bug, the word "if" at the start of the line, and the word "then" after "//" break the comment. Removing one of the previously mentioned words fixes the issue.

98FbhDS.png

The very useful make private statement in misc tools will add "_foreachindex" to the statement. It avoids _x but not _foreachindex

Good catch, I will update the private statement even though using private _myVar is preferred. As for the if thing, I'll see what I can do ;)

I've found another bug, the inherited class in HPP files isn't colored/bolded if it starts with a number.

class 9Rnd_45ACP_Mag: 30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01 {}; // Colon and 30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01 are not colored/bolded
class 30Rnd_9x21_Mag: CA_Magazine {}; // Colon and CA_Magazine are colored and bolded