Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

i have a question. ive been using poseidon for awhile now no issues but i put a new windows on a new hdd, got everything working, poseidon is installed, yet it only runs if i open it. i cant open it by double clicking an SQF file anymore, it gives me an unspecified error. "poseidon error: file path" is what it looks like. i can access my SQF's manually if i open poseidon first but its kind of a hassle. any ideas on what i can do? ive installed it twice now, both fresh. im just super confused why it doesnt open sqf files now but did before. notepad++ opens them just fine but its ugly compared to poseidon lol.

You may have already figured this out since you made this post eight days ago, but it's likely Windows is still recognizing the previous installation path as the default program to associate with that type of file. If you search "Default Programs" on your operating system it should bring you to a windows that has another option of "Associate a file type or protocol with a program." Alternatively, this link might help.

280_e9a7d1447ff598e8.jpg

It's been a long time without any news nor update... Let's fix this! 

This update is nothing big, just a refresh of the definition of the SQF and the fix of some critical issues. It's a first step towards a large refactoring which is in preparation (Prepare to #BlameMirage).

Change log:

• Added: Updated commands (Arma3 1.55 133085)
  • Added: Updated vanilla functions (Arma3 1.55 133085)
  • Added: New color scheme "RnD" #BlameSho
  • Changed: The background of the default theme is now slightly darker
  • Fixed: Support for nested arrays in .hpp files
  • Fixed: Pink touch on the config paths

Download

• Like 4

Hey,

when I try to search in a folder or performing some actions on a special file I get the error:

"error: [Error 2] Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden"

which means in English

"error: [Error 2] The system can't find the specified file".

Any clue how to fix this?

Since the penultimate update I can't open TextView and FSMEditor any more. When trying to opening it, the cmd pops up and shows me the error message:

""\Poseidon\Data\Packages\Bin\fsmEditor\)" kann syntaktisch an dieser Stelle nicht verarbeitet werden.".

The message is saying that there a syntax error in the path to the editor. Any clue if this is just to me? I already reinstalled the whole editor some times. 

Thanks for your help!

Where can I get the installer.exe? It's not in the Poseidon-Tools-v0912.zip.

I think the installer.exe is now outdated information.  I just installed ran and used the latest tools by extracting the zip file to the location I wanted it and running the "poseidon.exe".

I think the installer.exe is now outdated information.  I just installed ran and used the latest tools by extracting the zip file to the location I wanted it and running the "poseidon.exe".

Ok, thanks. I hadn't used Poseidon in a year, and when I ran the .exe it looked like something wasn't right. So I thought I was missing some installing procedure. But no, it works just fine.

Hey,

when I try to search in a folder or performing some actions on a special file I get the error:

which means in English

Since the penultimate update I can't open TextView and FSMEditor any more. When trying to opening it, the cmd pops up and shows me the error message:

""\Poseidon\Data\Packages\Bin\fsmEditor\)" kann syntaktisch an dieser Stelle nicht verarbeitet werden.".

The message is saying that there a syntax error in the path to the editor. Any clue if this is just to me? I already reinstalled the whole editor some times. 

Thanks for your help!

What Windows version are you using? Where Poseidon Tools is installed?

tyger is right, the installer was purely removed with the 0.90 and will be rewritten from scratch soon :292:

Hey,

which means in English

Thanks for your help!

I was having the same issue so I did some testing to see if I could narrow down the cause. What I discovered is, it seems to be a Git issue. If you add a folder from a Git directory it causes the error. If you move the files and folders into a Non-Git folder the error doesn't occur. 

Now I am guessing many of the folks that would use this software also use Git so this is a problem. Having to move files from a git directory to edit them and then having to move them back to Git to update Git is definitely not ideal and could easily create file version confusion.

Hi I am having issues with a git that 3Cb have set up for our mods, we need to have our .cpp files encoded with UTF-8 without BOM.  I noticed in the options (text) that the encoding is UTF-8 but does this include the without BOM or not?

thanks

Andy

The UTF8 encoding is without BOM unless the opened file had it before but this can still be removed later.

you ever thought about adding something like this nativ to the Arma editor?

would love to have some editor ingame where i can read alot of code easily, write alot code easily and more over copy code which is not just one long line...

First of all, it has to be mentioned that this is a personal project. Then, yes, this is something I already considered however it would require a lot of work (long/medium term task) and it's not a priority at the moment, therefore I'm afraid it won't happen.

Are there any plans to upgrading the version of sublime text that comes with this to 3?

280_e9a7d1447ff598e8.jpg

Change log:

• Added: SQF definitions for Arma 3 1.60+
  • Added: Utility to refresh the installation (Preferences > Refresh registry)
  • Added: Utility to browse and edit the snippets (Preferences > Explore snippets)
  • Changed: The snippet Param now used the correct scripting command
  • Fixed: Default indentation for internal build
  • Fixed: RPT file type configuration
  • Fixed: Wrong indentation of some file types
  • Tweaked: Simplifies status bar
  • Tweaked: init process
  • Removed: The community update is now removed, awaiting to have a reliable update process

Download

• Like 1

I do not know if this has been proposed, but for the sake of removing alt-tabbing, could this editor be integrated directly into the editor itself? Having the ability to modify external, but mission specific files, directly from the 3D editor is one of the features I am mostly missing. Somehow it makes the ·3D editor feel crippled.

Awesome! Thanks for the update, Tom!  :D

Was using Notepad ++ for 2 years and Atom for merely 6 month and now ended up with this awesome tool. Has got everything a modder/scripter can wish for.

@Tom

Is there a way to change the font type, or at least the size of the font of the tree view on the left side? The font type is very hard on my eyes for some reason and the small size of the tree view doesn't make it better. Atom for example has a very "natural" looking font.

Edit: Tons of typos -> time for bed :sleep:

Edit2: Would it be possible to add a tool to quickly make all variable private. Same like KK's private variable extractor? http://killzonekid.com/arma-simple-private-variable-extractor/

• Like 1

The SVN integration isn't working since the last update. I've filled in the path to tortoiseproc.exe and it's always worked before, but not this time.  Am I the only one struggling here?

Is there a way to change the font type, or at least the size of the font of the tree view on the left side? The font type is very hard on my eyes for some reason and the small size of the tree view doesn't make it better. Atom for example has a very "natural" looking font.

Edit2: Would it be possible to add a tool to quickly make all variable private. Same like KK's private variable extractor? http://killzonekid.com/arma-simple-private-variable-extractor/

1) Nop, nothing in that regard and nothing planned (the task list is already gigantic ^^)

2) How about CTRL+E, CTRL+P (supported since 2014)? It will do the job for every private vars contained in the current selection :)

The SVN integration isn't working since the last update. I've filled in the path to tortoiseproc.exe and it's always worked before, but not this time.  Am I the only one struggling here?

I'm not aware of any issue on this side, from my side it works like a charm.

2) How about CTRL+E, CTRL+P (supported since 2014)? It will do the job for every private vars contained in the current selection 

Awesome, didn't know about that, sorry for bothering you ;)

• Like 1

I'm not aware of any issue on this side, from my side it works like a charm.

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

4a9e0a1e47.png