Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

I just noticed that the new Documents folder is really %userprofile%\Documents instead of the folder that was set as Documents folder in windows. Although it's not a serious problem, it can be really confusing because the Poseidon Tools folder is nowhere to be found inside my documents folder :)

Edit: Maybe this causes my options to not be properly loaded as well? When I go to Preferences > Options it shows all the correct info, but when I use file header snippet it still shows the default info.

There is a small issue when the document folder of the current user is not at its default place. It could prevent the usage of the hot backup and the export, otherwise, it should not be an issue ;)

Any idea what could be causing the issue with the file header snippet then?

scriptName "fn_updateKeybind";

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------

file: fn_updateKeybind.sqf

==============================

Author: Julien `Tom_48_97` VIDA <@tom_48_97>

Description:

--------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#define __filename "fn_updateKeybind.sqf"

Even though my settings are modified in the options (Under preferences). Also at random moments my ability to use the options / updater dies, where it shows missing settings.exe. I did do a full reinstall with each update....

I spotted and fixed the issue, I hope I will be able to make a release soon. Thanks for reporting that ;)

I installed this a few days ago and it's so freaking awesome, thank you!

I consider this a complete substitute of any text editor or IDE suitable for Arma (with the right plugins, of course).

Amazing stuff, and still continuing to evolve and kick ass!

280_e9a7d1447ff598e8.jpg

Well, it’s been a long time since the last update… It’s time to change that! First, there’s no big change and fantastic addition in this update, it’s more a batch of small improvements, including off course, fixing features (well known as bugs).

I won’t write a wall of text but I will invite you to go through the change log which is not too technical and will provide you all you need to know about this update.

But, just a mention, for those of you who are using custom settings, I invite you to double check the setting files in reason of important changes. The dependency tree has been revised in order to make it easier to change.

PS: perhaps I added some bugs in the process, don't hesitate to blame me here if you find one of those features.

Change log:
Note: Fresh installation recommended

• Added: Auto trim trailing white-spaces for config files
  • Added: Auto trim white space on save
  • Added: New commands (Arma3 147 131253)
  • Added: New vanilla functions (Arma3 147 131253)
  • Changed: Auto indentation has been switched off for SQF files
  • Changed: CPP, HPP, HXX, H are now opened as Arma config file
  • Changed: exitWith has been added to the control structures instructions #BlameNelson :)
  • Changed: File headers (scripts and functions) now include properly the scriptName
  • Changed: FSM Editor has been updated (version 1.3.3.16)
  • Changed: FSM Editor is now run from Arma 3 Tools if it's installed
  • Changed: It will first try to run Arma 3 Diagnostics Exe when using F8 from a SQM file
  • Changed: JPG, PNG, TGA, PAA, PAC are not considered as binary files, so, they can be found with a search
  • Changed: Sidebar layout
  • Changed: Some snippets have been reworked and fixed
  • Changed: TexView is now run from Arma 3 Tools if it's installed
  • Changed: The snippets now use the full extended syntax
  • Fixed: Fail-safe on SQF string definitions
  • Fixed: Issue with highlighting of Arma 3 functions
  • Fixed: Some content was out of the sidebar
  • Fixed: SQF Function header is now correct
  • Fixed: The parameters were not read as expected (invalid config file)
  • Fixed: The SQF language definition was badly defined (some commands may have been added during the process)
  • Fixed: Vanilla functions were not defined in the appropriate group
  • Fixed: Various issues with external programs
  • Tweaked: cleaned SQF definitions for FSM Editor
  • Tweaked: Improved external dependencies
  • Tweaked: The setting dependencies have been cleaned up

Download

Edited by tom_48_97

I've been holding off on updating poseidon (I think I'm 3-4 versions back now) because I like to edit the preference files and settings and it's a hassle to make sure they're all to my liking again.

Is there any chance global settings for both "ensure_newline_at_eof_on_save" and "translate_tabs_to_spaces" could be added?

I installed this 2 days ago. It says it's 0.88. Do I have the right version?

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this going.

It's the most helpful bit of software I've downloaded for Arma 3 period. Also, it's really good to be able to use the all-new FSM editor through it as well.

Smiley face for you :)

Cheers, DA

I've been holding off on updating poseidon (I think I'm 3-4 versions back now) because I like to edit the preference files and settings and it's a hassle to make sure they're all to my liking again.

Is there any chance global settings for both "ensure_newline_at_eof_on_save" and "translate_tabs_to_spaces" could be added?

You can edit the main settings file (...Data\Packages\Default\Preferences.sublime-settings), everything inherits from this file and as far as I remember, there is no specific case about those settings :cool:
I installed this 2 days ago. It says it's 0.88. Do I have the right version?
No, I updated a few things on the fly before packing the new release (these updates are not in the change log) :rolleyes:
Thank you :)
Hi Tom,

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this going.

It's the most helpful bit of software I've downloaded for Arma 3 period. Also, it's really good to be able to use the all-new FSM editor through it as well.

Smiley face for you :)

Cheers, DA

Cheers :cool:

Cool beans :)

I just figured out how to set the tabs back to 4 for sqf. It's in:

Posideon\Data\Packages\Posideon\SQF.sublime-settings

{
"extensions": ["sqs", "sqf", "tm4", "cwr2", "cwr", "FSM", "BIFSM", "bio2s"],
"tab_size": 4,
"auto_indent": false,
"smart_indent": true,
"indent_to_bracket": true,
"args":
{
	"setting": "color_scheme",
	"value": "Packages/Poseidon/bis default.tmTheme"
},
"word_wrap": true,
"auto_save": true,
"scroll_speed": 1.1
}

Wait, you're sure? :rolleyes:

VERSION 0.88.1 @ 26 06 2015    Fixed: Smart indent for SQF files
   Fixed: Default tab size was set to 8 spaces (back to 4)

Thanks for the ping, it was an oversight, this is fixed (same link)

You can edit the main settings file (...Data\Packages\Default\Preferences.sublime-settings), everything inherits from this file and as far as I remember, there is no specific case about those settings :cool:

That's perfect :)

Thanks for your continued support Tom!

@Tom_48_97 - how have I only just discovered this?! :) Thanks matey, for all your hard work and efforts!

@Tom_48_97 - how have I only just discovered this?! :) Thanks matey, for all your hard work and efforts!

You're welcome, feel free to share your discovery :)  

280_e9a7d1447ff598e8.jpg

Today is patch day! Be aware, a full clean install is needed, otherwise, you won't benefit from some changes.

Change log:

• Added: Updated commands (Arma3 RC 150)
  • Added: Updated vanilla functions (Arma3 RC 150)
  • Changed: When Arma 3 is started from Poseidon, -filePatching parameter is used
  • Changed: FSM Editor has been updated (version 1.3.3.17)
  • Changed: Margin left increased
  • Fixed: Wrong behavior of the indentation system with SQF files
  • Fixed: Various minor issues
  • Removed: Installer (will be rewrite later)

Download

Howdy, first time downloading and installing this.  Is this the "official" place to look for updates to this package?  Or is there a better place?

Cheers.

np

Hi there, this indeed is the "official" place where to find updates. I usually update this topic (first message + new message) with a link to the new version ;)

Ps: The version available from Armaholic is most of the time up to date.

Hi there Tom! I'm doing a fresh install and noticed this in the patch notes:

• Removed: Installer (will be rewrite later)

Since "install.exe" is now removed, how do we install? Also, the README.txt refers to the file "edit_file_assoc.bat" which is also missing. Please advise.

Thanks! :)

Hello!

For the history, the installer has been removed due to deep changes about how Poseidon Tools interacts with third-party software, therefore, it was no longer needed. The only thing which can be useful is the file association. It's handled by FileAssoc provided with Arma 3 Tools. More details are available in the FileAssoc page.

Cheers  :292:

i have a question. ive been using poseidon for awhile now no issues but i put a new windows on a new hdd, got everything working, poseidon is installed, yet it only runs if i open it. i cant open it by double clicking an SQF file anymore, it gives me an unspecified error. "poseidon error: file path" is what it looks like. i can access my SQF's manually if i open poseidon first but its kind of a hassle. any ideas on what i can do? ive installed it twice now, both fresh. im just super confused why it doesnt open sqf files now but did before. notepad++ opens them just fine but its ugly compared to poseidon lol.