Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

hey man,

first off: insanely usefull editor you made there. thx for sharing it with us.

and now my question:

is it possible to modify the snippets? having the comments doesn't make sense in most of the and deleting them every time just adds additional steps to the workflow.

anyway, keep up the great work!

I noted poseidon (as the only script editor) in the following debugging tutorial i made. It might be worth someone bumping it to publicise this great tool more

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176096-Zeu-Debugging-Tutorial-amp-Foundation-Template

Also Tom, if B.I permits it, i would add it to your signature file

Your guide looks complete, nice job on it! Otherwise, I'm not sure to understand your last sentence. What do you want to add in my signature? :)
hey man,

first off: insanely usefull editor you made there. thx for sharing it with us.

and now my question:

is it possible to modify the snippets? having the comments doesn't make sense in most of the and deleting them every time just adds additional steps to the workflow.

anyway, keep up the great work!

You're welcome

For the moment, there isn't `easy` way to customize snippets but this is a planned feature. Later, maybe 0.67 or 0.68, there will be a `configuration` application that will allow users to define custom snippets, parameters and so on… As usual, patience is the master word ;)

ATM, This `application` will permit to:

- Customize / Add snippets

- Define user settings (e.g. name, email address for file headers)

- Update Poseidon (without bothering with file deletion etc...)

- If Poseidon must use Arma 3 Tools or not

But this is only a temp list, in consequence, if you think it should manage other stuff, just let me know :icon_twisted:

@Tom, you don't make use of a signature in your profile. I was suggesting that you add a link to this thread in your profile signature to help to publicise your tool. That way wherever you post, you advertise it.

I had wondered why you hadn't already done it and thought it may have been some forum policy that BI enforce for non official content.

I don't know if this is possible, but being able to read the game config via the tool would be very nice, with search and copy ability. Even if this means having to run a seperate exe each time there is a game patch to update some cache file

Edited by Terox

Ah, Poseidon Tools is already in my signature:

☠ diag_log ["@Tom_48_97", "tom4897.info"];

Poseidon — advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

To promote a little more Poseidon Tools, I posted a tweet but I think this one won't be read so much since it's not a feature nor a news :D

For your suggestion, you dug out a point that can be very interesting, but would require a load of work pretty huge. Remember - Poseidon Tools is still a community project, not an official tool. But, in the meantime, maybe I will investigate this feature, you can extract A3 with Arma3ToP (By Mikero), add p:\a3 to Poseidon and finally, perform a search within the project (with mask: *.cpp,*.hpp,*.h).

seems I cant see your signature in some of your posts ?

#post 128 has it

#post 130 doesnt have it

Edited by Terox

In order to close our short off topic, that's normal, each signature is displayed once per page.

Could someone explain to me how are the RPT links supposed to work?

Note this won't be applicable anymore after the next update because I'm wanting to redo this system from scratch; but in brief, it:

- Scans the folder where logs are stored

- Sorts the result by date of creation

- Selects the latest rpt file

- Opens it with Poseidon

If it's about the issue mentioned earlier, it's just a matter of path and working dir. When you start Poseidon with the exe (or a shortcut) itself, the working dir is the installation dir, but when you start it by opening a file (file assoc), the directory where the file is stored becomes the workdir, and because the script uses relatives paths (remember, Poseidon has no installer), the script is not able to find poseidon.exe. This will be fixed in the upcoming update :cool:

Announcement

Today, it's patch day ;) Poseidon Tools is now in its version 0.66 and this version include some features and as usual a lot of fixes... and bugs of course :icon_twisted:

Major point of this update is the GIT/SVN support, no need to write lines and lines, just go into "preferences >> Tortoise" to learn more about. Also, the good old issue regarding the log opening (#122) has been solved!

An important note about this version, each time you move / update / get Poseidon Tools, you must run "install.exe" from the root directory of Poseidon. It handles the setup and file association. Also, if you experience some troubles with your session (error at startup, incorrect file parsing), I urge you to run "restoreDefault" before anything.

As usual, the full change log is available here: http://poseidon.arma3.fr/changelog/

Note: Another update will come soon for the comref of Arma 3.

Like before, a clean install should be done, if not, you may encounter some unexpected issues!

Keep in mind that Poseidon is not an official tool, use at your own risk.

280_thumb_bis_41fcd1fdeec08383.jpg

What's new?

• ADDED: SVN / GIT Support (see shortcuts in Preferences)
  • ADDED: Oxygen² & Object Builder script are now read as SQF
  • ADDED: Poseidon now requires to run install.exe (root directory) in order to update its path and version
  • ADDED: Registry key >> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive\Poseidon Tools", "version"
  • ADDED: Registry key >> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive\Poseidon Tools", "path"
  • ADDED: Poseidon is able to open latest Bulldozer log
  • ADDED: Poseidon is able to open latest Arma 3 server log
  • FIXED: CMD layout
  • FIXED: "Open CMD here" (External programs) now sets the path correctly
  • CHNGD: "Preferences" is now available from the main menu
  • CHNGD: "resetSetting" not longer waits after user confirmation
  • FIXED: "resetSetting" now uses .Net framework 4 instead of 4.5
  • CHNGD: "resetSetting" was renanmed as "restoreDefault"
  • FIXED: When Poseidon was launched while opening a file, it wasn't able to open logs
  • ADDED: <experimental> User can open Arma 3 tools from the menu
  • FIXED: FileDiff was not working properly
  • CHNGD: XML syntax highlighter
  • CHNGD: RPT syntax highlighter (User log (bis_fnc_log) entries are now blue or green)
  • FXIED: Scope highlighter was not working properly with dark color scheme

Download

-------------------- Replies --------------------

@Bumgie: Like I said, issue fixed :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is great Tom - will be installing when I get home. Man thanks once again.

Finally, BITools supported! Thanks a lot. :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

@Das Attorney:

You're welcome, always nice to read such message :)

@mp5gosu:

For the moment, we cannot talk of "support", it's more like "links". I will improve this aspect later but I need to work on "externals" first like an "exe" to define user parameters... Poseidon Tools is still far from its version 1.0 :p

@Foxhound:

Thanks for mirror !

Thanks for the update Tom, some great new features.

But I can't get the SVN stuff to work, or am unsure what it's able to do. I've put in the tortoiseproc and svn executables paths but the only svn option available to me is update and that's actually greyed out.

:yay:

Regarding how advanced poseidon is becoming and since you are now working for BI, isn't it possible to make it part of the BI tools?

:yay:

Regarding how advanced poseidon is becoming and since you are now working for BI, isn't it possible to make it part of the BI tools?

Guess, this will lead to licensing problems. Poseidon is a Sublime 2 Extension. SL2 must then be licensed for every single A3 copy.

@Tankbuster: I screwed up a block of the code, but... after, an extract of the change log from the upcoming version (release is planned for the upcoming week).

FIXED: GIT wasn't working    
FIXED: SVN file operations were erroneous
FIXED: Various issues on the versioning support (I'm too lazy to list them all)

@super-truite: You're not first to ask but, as mp5gosu wrote it, license questions would be painful and because there is "links" from Poseidon to "Arma 3 Commnuty Tools" and the invert is also true... yes, it would easier to get it, but beside that, I don't really see what this would really change. Also, "Poseidon Tools" is a "community project", there would be more complex involvements... In consequence, for now, I must decline the suggestion for all these reasons. This isn't a "no" firm and final... :rolleyes:

By the way, the next update of Poseidon should take date on next Wednesday or Thursday :cool:

Announcement

Today, it's patch day for Poseidon Tools... time to release the version 0.67.1269. First highlight of this version is the fix of the SVN/GIT support, just configure your preferences (>> Tortoise) (some of you may need to set "git_tgit_path" to get GIT support working) and take a look at the shortcuts. Then, second highlight is the very ((very*n)) beginning (means: early experimental) of the syntax checker. For now, it's very basic, it just checks if there are too many = or + and some others. It needs to be tested and tested again in very large files (2k+ lines) / projects (2k+ files) before anything, just to determine if this implementation is appropriate or if it needs another way of work.

Installer and restoreDefault applications were updated and now share the same library (poseidon.dll). By the way, soon (some day, of a some month), the installer will allow you to change the lang of the menus. By the way, if you're willing to spend some time on translation (we talk of +/- 800 items) for your native or preferred language, feel free to let me know here. On the fly, French is being translated by Yourry (from Arma3.fr), thanks to him ;)

Finally, this update adds some features that can meet your needs like an improved support of batch files (.bat) and syntax highlighter for configuration files of Poseidon Tools itself.

280_thumb_bis_4c95eb529af04d51.jpg

As usual, the full change log is available here: http://poseidon.arma3.fr/changelog/

Note: Like before, a clean install should be done (must rerun install.exe), if not, you may encounter some unexpected issues!

Keep in mind that Poseidon is not an official tool, use at your own risk.

What's new?

• ADDED: Valve Data Format (.vdf) for BI games
  • IMPVD: <experimental> SQF Syntax, Some syntax error like too many =, | etc…
  • ADDED: SQF Syntax, Hightlight of keywords Todo, Note and issue (see screenshot bellow)
  • IMPVD: Support of batch scripts
  • FIXED: fsm editor, scriptedFSM for Arma 3
  • FIXED: GIT wasn’t working
  • FIXED: SVN file operations were erroneous
  • FIXED: Various issues on the versioning support
  • CHNGD: Versioning support, actions won’t appear the file opened is not in a repository
  • ADDED: Auto completion, Commands of Arma 3 (export from 1.21.124478)
  • ADDED: Auto completion, Function of Arma 3 (export from 1.21.124478)
  • ADDED: Install.exe performs a quick check of the installation
  • ADDED: Install.exe asks for closing Poseidon if it’s running
  • IMPVD: Installation exe
  • IMPVD: RestoreDefault.exe
  • FIXED: restoreDefault was moving file to the recycle bin
  • CHNGD: All executables now share a dll (Poseidon.dll)
  • FIXED: File type association was erroneous on Win VISTA
  • IMPVD: fsmEditor.exe
  • IMPVD: TexView 2.exe
  • CHNGD: File and folder structure
  • ADDED: Shortcuts list (Help >> View Shortcuts)
  • ADDED: New option to “View†menu
  • ADDED: New option to “Preferences†menu
  • RESTORED: Ability to open / save with charset Central European (ISO 8859-2); used in Czeck republic
  • ADDED: Syntax highlighting for settings and keymap files of Posiedon Tools

Download

-------------------- Replies --------------------

@Tankbuster:You're welcome :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Last Update:

Avira Antivirus calls TR/Dropper.MSIL.Gen8 in install.exe

Update before was no call.

Can It be ignored, can you explain that?

Hi, i seem unable to assign .sqf files to Poseidon via right click - open with., when i click on Poseidon the screen or window blinks (?) a bit but nothing happens.

Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corporation SLZ7710H.86A.0097.2013.0430.1647, 30/04/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 12.9 GB

Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 28.3 GB

Page File Space 16.0 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

@SerialMum: This is a false positive, probably because it retrieve files from the dll to copy them in your Poseidon Tools installation and add keys to your registry. In all cases, nothing appears on my side.

https://www.virustotal.com/fr/file/beb3103fb7a563a07c574c70d8fcc5a67630119f3b816fdbb3abc8d5b0c19098/analysis/1401208135/

@Katipo66: I will setup a Win 7 environment and investigate this issue but the described behavior is really weird, never heard of such effects caused by Poseidon Tools, maybe a remain from a past association... To be continue ^^

@Foxhound: Thanks for mirror :)