Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

Thanks now the assoc works.

But there is now a other little problem.

If i press "Open Arma 3 Log" he can't find "_openLog_rpt_a3.bat".

But only if i Open Poseidon with a double click on a .sqf or .cpp.

If i start Poseidon with the .exe the Arma 3 Log works.

I've to change the way of work of the path finding, yet another issue with paths :)

Will be fixed at next update, thanks for report.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Announcement

After some reports regarding file association with Poseidon, the hotfix is ready (thanks fot Tankbuster & Legion1337 for detailed reports). There is two ways to apply this hotfix:

- Download a fresh copy of Poseidon.

- Download the hotfix and apply it (just copy and replace the content of \Poseidon\run_once\ with the file in the archive.

What's new?

• FIXED: File association should now work

Download

Nice work! Thank you for this editor tom ! :bounce3:

After i opened a project,the project file is destroyed,

and now everytime i open a sqf or anything i get this 2 error messages:

csr3.png

wfa4.png

0.64 requires a clean install. These errors occur because it remains references to a previous version of Poseidon.

If there is no personal data in your project file, can you post one here?

Yep i know i made a clean install.

But i didn't know that project files get useless with a new Version.

Nope sry after i saw that the Project files are destroyed I've deleted them.

I asked for an example because a project file shouldn't contain any reference to packages, it just contains these elements:

• Priority for auto completion (the one you used)
  • buffers references for opened files
  • UI layout (mode, tabs, project explorer, views...)
  • File history (for the opened project)
  • Search history
  • Content of unsaved files (with buffers settings)

• and some other stuff.

In brief, all elements needed to setup a descent and functional work space. Some of my project files are more than 1 year old.

But no reference to a package, if you experience this issue again, post the project file here.

Same goes for others.

We have luck i found another Project file in my old folder with the same problem.

~Done

Edited by Legion1337

Something went wrong with the last build, but I've got the solution. So, simply open the main project file (<ProjectName>.sublime-workspace) and hit CTRL+H, it will open the search & replace block, then, hit ALT+R to use regular expression in search (just to be sure only the need stuff will be edited and:

Find What: \],\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"syntax": "Packages/rpt/RPT.tmLanguage",\n
Replace with: \],\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"syntax": "Packages/Lang RPT/RPT.tmLanguage",\n
then:
Find What: \],\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"syntax": "Packages/C++/C++.tmLanguage",\n
Replace with: \],\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"syntax": "Packages/Lang C++ Arma/cpp.tmanguage",\n

After these two operations, you should be able to open your projects like before ;)

Hi Tom,

I wanted to say thanks for this - there's some really cool little things in Posideon and I've made the move over from Notepad ++ recently. Refreshing the logs automatically is really useful, plus the syntax tools and code snippets are very helpful.

I've got an issue though in how code is indented by default. If I create a little bit of code, it formats like this by default:

_array = [];
{
if (_condition) then
	{
	_array set [count _array, _x];
}
else
{
player setDamage 1;
};
} forEach _someStuff;

Whereas I like setting code out like this:

_array = [];
{
if (_condition) then
{
	_array set [count _array, _x];
}
else
{
	player setDamage 1;
};
} forEach _someStuff;

Not a great example but hopefully you get the idea. I've looked through the documentation and preferences but couldn't find a way to alter it. Is there some way I can change this?

Thanks, DA

I'm finding that the bracket matching isn't always reliable, particularly in complex scripts. I might be wrong, but I think it trips up with multiple else statements.

notepad++ gets this right, but Poseidon doesn't, which is the only reason I still use np++

Edited by Tankbuster

Could you maybe add a autocompletition like emmet for sqf?

"myTag.fnc.addSomeStuff" + Tab

will result in:

myTag_fnc_addSomeStuff =
{
private*<cursor will be here>

};

then you can add after the private* your number of private vars like 7 (private*7)

will resulte in:

myTag_fnc_addSomeStuff =
{
private["<cursor here>","","","","","",""]

};

same for other things like a switch case use like swich.myVar*5 + Tab

will result in:

switch (myVar) do {
case <cursor here>: { }; 
case 2: { }; 
case 3: { };
case 4: { };
case 5: { };
default { }; 
};

such things would be extremly awsome :cool:

About the bracket highlighter, I`ll prepare an update but I think this won`t be done for the next update (at least I don't think so and your example was good, I've got the concept)Now, regarding the autocompletion, I`m going to investigate but for the first proposal, by advance, it's no because this will interfere with the autocompletion of the default BIS functions (takeOn & Arma and some other functions of Poseidon), for the rest, I think it's feasible ;)On the fly: the next update should occur the same day as the next update of "Arma 3 Tools" (tech rep 8).

Hey there,

just a quick question: Is the main menu entry "BI Tools" functional? It seems to me like I didn't configure Poseidon properly or the feature is somehow not working? The first entry simply states "NOT AVAILABLE".

If there's any setting I can alter to get it to work, please let me know. :)

just a quick question: Is the main menu entry "BI Tools" functional?
No. In fact, the menu is only visible in order to recall me I need to develop the interactions between Arma 3 Tools & Poseidon, but I haven't yet had time to do so... it's a kind of post-it I see all the day ;)

Thought so. Nevermind, it would be just great to have direct access to BiTools from within SL. But we can wait I guess. :)

Btw, official BI Dev now? Congrats. ;)

Announcement

It's time to update Poseidon Tools, this time, a little bit before the deadline :)

The bases of Poseidon Tools are now ready and next step will add more features. So, you can expect to new features, like SVN support (plus, maybe GIT) and some interactions with Arma 3 Tools, among others. Then, will come the turn of the syntax parser, but you will need to be patient because there is a lot of work to do here :icon_twisted:

Note: because I made some edits lately and not with a Windows PC, Some features may not work, if so, I invite you to tell me what the issue is here.

Please, keep in mind that Poseidon is not an official tool, so, use at your own risk.

What's new?

• CHNGD: File association (now in Poseidon\Extra\FileAssoc.exe)
  • CHNGD: File type is now named BIStudio Script (was Arma File)
  • RMVED: Run_once folder
  • FIXED: the generation of the default session was faulty
  • CHNGD: Recent items are now split into "Open Recent File" and "Open Recent Folder"
  • IMPVD: Bracket highlighter
  • FIXED: the bracket highlighter was not working with large class (max is now 65536 characters within a single scope)
  • ADDED: Shortcut to Toggle high visibility of current scope (ALT+B)
  • FIXED: Time to time, Poseidon was not able to open SQM with Arma 3
  • ADDED: Auto completion, Commands for the latest version of Arma 3 (1.19.123773)
  • ADDED: Auto completion, Function for the latest version of Arma 3 (1.19.123771)
  • CHNGD: Scroll speed increased for SQF file type
  • CHNGD: Margin size for SQF file type
  • CHNGD: Debug script has been rewritten and renamed (_resetSettings in the root directory of Poseidon)
  • ADDED: Auto completion for cfg name (test) from sqf files (e.g. "CfgAmmo")
  • IMPVD: Magic key (F8) command has been reworked
  • ADDED: FSM Editor executable in the root directory of Poseidon
  • ADDED: TexView 2 executable in the root directory of Poseidon
  • FIXED: Some file type were not displayed in the project explorer
  • CHNGD: Main directory renamed from "Poseidon" to "Poseidon Tools"
  • CHNGD: Preference menu is now directly in the main menu
  • CHNGD: Menu, "Poseidon" was renamed to "Logs"
  • ADDED: "New view of this file" (clone view) is now available from file and tab context menu
  • ADDED: Shortcut for "clone view", right click into the file content then hit "e"
  • Known issue
    • fileassoc can be detected as a potential threat by some anti-virus. Just ignore it, this is just because it write in the Windows registry.

Download

-------------------- Replies --------------------

@mp5gosu: It looks like :rolleyes: thanks :cool:

@TankBuster: Reading this (#112), I hope you will enjoy this update.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@TankBuster: Reading this (#112), I hope you will enjoy this update.

Oh yes! Working perfectly. Great work mate!

In Poseidon 0.65 menu, when I select "Logs" >> "Open Arma 3 log (latest)" it gives me the following message:

Windows cannot find '../../../../poseidon.exe'. Make sure you typed the name corectly, and then try again.

My Arma 3 log path is exactly "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3" but I couldn't find what is wrong in _openLog_rpt_a3.bat.

yes, this is a known issue, I must rewrite some scripts. In fact, it depends if you started Poseidon by clicking on a file or a shortcut to Poseidon, just a matter of system paths ^^

I will fix it for the next release ;)

Edited by tom_48_97

I will fix it for the next release ;)

meanwhile, can he edit the batch file as I just did? which will be overwritten anyway when he update.

btw, great tool Tom. I wish there was more visibility to it, it should be widely used by scriptors.

I think I read you are going to make it svn and maybe git compatible. That would be a great evolution. Imagine people in the forum making projects and asking for help, and getting it with a push from someone of the community. what a great improvement!

regards,

holo.

Regarding the issue with the log opening, it's not because of the batch, but because of the way you open Poseidon Tools, I have to redo the way it works with external application/software and this will come with an installer (nothing more than adding a node to the registry).

By the way, you read correctly, SVN support is planned for the next update, for GIT, it's solely a plan, nothing sure here.

The next update should occur within 10 days if everything goes right of course.

:computer:

For the visibility of Poseidon, I must admit that's something I never took in consideration, if you have any ideas, I'm listening :rolleyes:

Edited by tom_48_97