Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

No. I put it into c:\poseidon\. Started cmd.exe as Admin, cd'ed to c:\poseidon\run_once\, started the assoc_all, reg import, ASSOC OK, all seemed fine... but sqf is not associated. As I said, file assoc is a desaster in Windows. It's even more strange now. I have sqf associated with notepad++ now. If I do "open with" on the sqf file and manually choose poseidon.exe from the file open dialog, it does not even use it.- As if windows does not want to associate with something outside the programfiles folders.

Edited by tortuosit

I checked the 0.57 assoc scripts and the issue occurs only when using the assoc all, separated assocs are working fine. I'll try to take a look for the next update.

Thanks :) Unfortunately not for the moment. ATM, there is only one. New color schemes are planned but for the version 1.00.

On the fly, today is "patch day" and not a little, 0.59 is on its way :) (probably at noon)

Boring text...

(don't worry, more boring to write than read!)

Today... patch day (yeah, I know, I lied, we're not the 10/10/13)! Version 0.59.325 is now available. Like the past update, I strongly recommend you to make a fresh install because the folder structure has changed again (and will change).

I want to thanks every people who contacted me about Poseidon!

Also, a lot of features are planned or in development like the command to scan a file and make the private statement, so, be patient but don't hesitate to suggest more ;)

What's new?

Finally, here we are: the changelog :)!

The update comes with new features (non limiting):

• ADDED: Ability to directly start Arma 3 when a sqm is opened (F8) (parameters = "-mod=@debug;dev" -window -noSplash -showScriptErrors "pathToSQMFile")
  • ADDED: File encoding to the status bar (bottom), Status bar now includes
  • ADDED: FSM Editor (shortcut: f5) => Will open the current file if it's a FSM, if not, will just open FSMEditor
  • ADDED: TexView (shortcut: f6) => Will open the current file if it's a paa, pac, tga, jpg or png, if not, will just open texView
  • ADDED: Open with external, "try to find the best program" (shortcut: f8) - If you don't know with what program you can open it, try F8, the software will try to open it with an integrated tool or with the windows default one
    • fsm or bifsm: FSM editor
    • paa, pac, tga, jpg or png: TexView
    • log & rpt: Tail
    • sqm version 12: Arma 3
    • sqm version 11: Arma 2 CO
    • sqm version < 11 (before A2) is ignored

[*]ADDED: Script files: new A3 commands

[*]ADDED: Shortcut to save all opened files: ctrl+alt+s

[*]ADDED: Plenty of bugs (I'm almost sure)

[*]ADDED: SQM & BIEDI are now opened with colorization (small support, just to highlight the file structure)

Note about the ability to directly start Arma 3 when a sqm is opened

Even if your file is located at P:\something\something else\MPScenarios\MP_COOP_m08.Altis\mission.sqm, if the parent folder is correctly named, it will work.

And of course, some bugs have been fixed (non limiting):

• FIXED: Opening log require to have an opened and active file (no more the case)
  • FIXED: config files (mission and game): some strings were badly displayed
  • FIXED: The shortcut to display online doc in the context menu wasn't working (Thanks for lord for the last minute report ^^)
  • FIXED: Opening log require to have an opened and active file (no more the case)

The full CHANGELOG is available at the usual address. The one above is far to be exhaustive, so, I encourage you to read the full changelog of the latest version.

Download

Please, keep sending feedback with bug report, suggestions & what you want (more or less ^^). That's the best way to get this software improved.

(please, avoid to send me PMs cause I don't read/reply them often)

Use it, share it, like it and... send feedback & suggestions!

Screenshot with the current version of Poseidon

280_thumb_bis_2db20e81b1d6b9c1.jpg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You downloaded it from which site? There is 3 options: armaholic, poseidon.arma3.fr and tom4897.info (all works fine for me).

Nice one... but how can I change color scheme?

weirest thing is this is my biggest question as well. its so useful but so hard on the eyes.

A lot of 'modern and funky' text editors seem to be dark background. Call me old fashioned. :)

Tankbuster, old fashioned! (you asked for it ^^) But, that's not a question of to be old fashioned or modern but just a matter habits.

But, to answer you, I think I'm ready to make another color scheme, because this is something frequently asked by users. By the way, in reason of heavy bugs, there will be an update soon (probably today).

Hehe. I'm just joking mate! :D Really liking your work.

Idem!

Some serious stuff now :)

Boring text...

(as usual - don't worry, more boring to write than read!)

This Monday is a good one, I have a little day of advance on the roadmap. Poseidon is now in version 0.61.512. The most important point is not about the features but about bug fixing! The SQF auto completion is now working, same for the F8 shortcut (start the current file with an external program). The folder tree is almost in its final versions, the next update will be the good one. I want to warn every users about the fact that the "Save on lost focus" has been disabled, so be careful!

The next step will probably be only about bug fixing and layout stuff (colors), so if you have some requests about that, let me know ASAP (this week).

something like...

280_thumb_bis_cf638476123f9ce1.jpg

What's new?

• ADDED: colorization for Arma 3 1.04 commands (11oct)
  • ADDED: auto completion for Arma 3 1.04 commands (11oct)
  • ADDED: <EXPRIMENTAL> Bind F1 to display command documentation (same as ALT+E or ALT+F)
  • ADDED: Duplicate help links in help menu
  • ADDED: <EXPRIMENTAL> New support for Arma configs (you can back to the old one by switching the colorization to C++)
  • CHNGD: Menu group separators
  • FIXED: Open with external (F8) was not working on some computers
  • FIXED: Wrong reading of some projects
  • FIXED: White space in the menu, between External programs & Help
  • FIXED: A lot of bugs
  • ADDED: some other bugs!? icon_smile.gif
  • RMVED: Save script files on lost focus
  • The full changelog is available here: http://poseidon.arma3.fr/changelog/

Download

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

tom_48_97 I just tried out Poseidon yesterday and found it had some nice features. The preview window on the right side of the window comes in handy. I would like to request one small feature that is used in other script editing tools. The options menu when you right click on some selected text should have the option to comment or uncomment text (standard comments and block comments would be nice). I know you have this in the edit menu it would just be nice to be able to do it a little faster.

hi Tom, thx again for your work.

When i edit a file, Poseidon create a new file ARMA Development.sublime-workspace in each directory. I dislike this feature extremely which populate all my subdirectory in a projet of this file. Can you rollback this feature or change it please ?

Keep the ggod work !

;) Merci encore !

hi Tom, thx again for your work.

When i edit a file, Poseidon create a new file ARMA Development.sublime-workspace in each directory. I dislike this feature extremely which populate all my subdirectory in a projet of this file. Can you rollback this feature or change it please ?

Keep the ggod work !

;) Merci encore !

Hi & you're welcome :)

This is not supposed to be included in the public version - I screwed it up somewhere...:j:

To "remove" this feature that's not one, just go into the Poseidon and run #debug.bat, then start Poseidon and this should be gone for good ;)

tom_48_97 I just tried out Poseidon yesterday and found it had some nice features. The preview window on the right side of the window comes in handy. I would like to request one small feature that is used in other script editing tools. The options menu when you right click on some selected text should have the option to comment or uncomment text (standard comments and block comments would be nice). I know you have this in the edit menu it would just be nice to be able to do it a little faster.

This is already possible, just select the content you want to comment (or place the caret on the given line) and push ctrl+/, it will comment ;)

I made a very short - far to be complete - list of shortcuts here: http://poseidon.arma3.fr/documentation/shortcuts/

Also, there is a lot of action on text in the edit menu. I'll try complete the doc a little, because it lacks a lot of shortcuts ^^.

-- EDIT --

I added some shortcuts here: http://poseidon.arma3.fr/documentation/shortcuts/

Edited by tom_48_97
doc

Ha, I've to edit the page. Time to time, it's not easy juggle between English & French. maj is shift ;)

Hey tom,

the keys for "comment" (Ctrl+/) and "comment block" (Ctrl+Shift+/) don't work for me.

My keyboard has german layout.

@Helijunkie: I don't know how German keyboards are mapped but try ctrl+# or ctrl+- (minus key) and let me know. If it doesn't work, I will add a new shortcut (ctrl+keypad /) in the next update.

@Jesters & Lynx: Enjoy :)

By the way, here a preview of the white color scheme for Poseidon (planned for the next update)

280_thumb_bis_e55eeac030d4a775.jpg

Feel free to tell your opinion on this.

The white color scheme looks good and bright ;-)

Think it will be a good one for those who dislike the dark scheme...

Looks nice!

Good work soldier!

@Helijunkie: I don't know how German keyboards are mapped but try ctrl+# or ctrl+- (minus key) and let me know. If it doesn't work, I will add a new shortcut (ctrl+keypad /) in the next update.

ctrl+# or ctrl+shif+# works fine!

Good hint! thx

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Hey Tom,

found some little strange behaviour.

Mark some lines of code in a .cpp file:

Toggle Comment will add "//" at the beginning of each line (expected)

Toggle Block Comment will add "/* ... */" around the lines (expected)

But if you do the same things in a .sqf file, toggle comment has the same behaviour as toggle block comment.

Each time the block will be included in "/* ..*/".

Would be nice to fix it to the same behaviour as in .cpp files.

I like your editor! Really great work!

HeliJunkie