Sign in to follow this  
twinturbonet

FPS Question - ArmA 3

Good morning everyone!

I'm new to the forums, but definitely not new to the ArmA series + mods. I think I have a pretty decent rig and I'm usually able to run things in ULTRA or Very High without an issue. As a matter of fact, most of the games I load up default my system to the highest settings. Everything usually runs pretty smooth with the exception of ArmA 3.

Side note: I recently reformatted my PC (just felt like doing it) so I have the latest drivers and a fresh clean HDD etc.

So anyway, not sure if anyone else is having FPS issues, but I get anywhere from 15-23. Below is my RIG setup, any ideas?

O/S: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (fully updated)

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula - Republic of Gamers

CPU: AMD FX-8150 - 3.6 GHz O/C'd to 3.8 GHz (8 core processor - all cores unparked)

GPU: AMD HD Radeon 6950 (a little outdated, but not bad at all!)

RAM: 16GB (Forgot the brand, either Mushkin or Corsair I believe)

I can't think of anything else that would be useful, but if I did forget anything, don't hesitate to ask! Thanks in advance all!

Edited by twinturbonet

Good morning everyone!

I'm new to the forums, but definitely not new to the ArmA series + mods. I think I have a pretty decent rig and I'm usually able to run things in ULTRA or Very High without an issue. As a matter of fact, most of the games I load up default my system to the highest settings. Everything usually runs pretty smooth with the exception of ArmA 3.

Side note: I recently reformatted my PC (just felt like doing it) so I have the latest drivers and a fresh clean HDD etc.

So anyway, not sure if anyone else is having FPS issues, but I get anywhere from 15-23. Below is my RIG setup, any ideas?

O/S: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (fully updated)

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula - Republic of Gamers

CPU: AMD FX-8150 - 3.6 GHz O/C'd to 3.8 GHz (8 core processor - all cores unparked)

GPU: AMD HD Radeon 6150 (a little outdated, but not bad at all!)

RAM: 16GB (Forgot the brand, either Mushkin or Corsair I believe)

I can't think of anything else that would be useful, but if I did forget anything, don't hesitate to ask! Thanks in advance all!

It's not your rigs fault dude, it's the game. SO many people are having this problem including me. The only thing that will make it playable is getting a latest gfx card like 7970 or gtx 780 and maybe a new processor.

That being said it's not worth upgrading just because one game is shit optimized.

yup i get advg. 20 fps on all settings including ultra.

This is my rig

FX-6300 6 cores @4.0ghz

8 gigs ballistics ram

GTX 660 2gb superclocked 1111mhz