Sign in to follow this  
rory_pamphilon

Top Gun [SP/Coop 1-16]

Small update last night to Nimitz version

Added compatability with new nimiz version

Added short intro.

Added wreck/body cleanup script.

Added shooting range at stern of carrier.

Rationalised modules.

Moved alot of data to init.

Added NVG's, UAV controller & UAV backpack to crates.

Added starting pistol.

Added new briefing maps/text

Will update armaholic soon when 0.6 comes along.

Hey Rory, I´ve updated your Topgun mission to .59 and the Nimitz to its latest version, but when I jump into your new mission, all Hornets are deep in the ocean bed, so there´s no plane nor chopper in the deck! (same goes to .58, only .55 is work alright)

cheers!

Hi Corporal, have you tried downloading the newest Nimitz version? It was updated yesterday. Also do you have CBA installed and running with it? Nimitz needs CBA. See front page for link for both.

Another thing, are you running it from multiplayer and then host new? I havnt tested it with single player scenarios at all recently

Also mission just updated.. 0.60

Musical score added

Edited by rory_pamphilon

Rory, I´m using the latest Nimitz version (yes, from yesterday´s download) and I use CBA and lotsa other mods... I rarely use singleplayer scenarios cus I have TONS of missions and it take me ages to find the right mission, so I play alone in multiplayer>Lan... I´ll test your latest mission, hope not get wet (when I start I´m floating, then I´m teleported to zodiac drop hangar... and all Hornets are exploded at the sea bed =P)

You´ve added music? niiiice =)

;2554010']Rory' date=' I´m using the latest Nimitz version (yes, from yesterday´s download) and I use CBA and lotsa other mods... I rarely use singleplayer scenarios cus I have TONS of missions and it take me ages to find the right mission, so I play alone in multiplayer>Lan... I´ll test your latest mission, hope not get wet (when I start I´m floating, then I´m teleported to zodiac drop hangar... and all Hornets are exploded at the sea bed =P)

You´ve added music? niiiice =)[/quote']

It sounds like for some reason the new modules for setting the height of carrier objects aren't activating in time for the mission start. I will investigate but it works fine for me. Only thing I can suggest is trying with only F18, Nimitz & CBA running and see if that works as that works on my machine.

It may be worth dropping Tetet a line also to see if he has any ideas about it, he is the one behind the new Nimitz...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166706-Preview-release-Nimitz-for-Arma3

Let me know how you get on :)

Rory, the solution was simplier than that: I had all Nimitz addons in a same folder, and TeTeT warned that old modules could conflict with the latest - and old ones should be deleted - so I did what he told and then... VOILÃ! .58 and .59 is working alright =P

I´ll test .60 and I´ll notify if I notice anything, but I guess it´s all sorted out now =) (nice intro, BTW)

Cheers!

Very slight update to 0.61 for Nimitz version,

re-jigged UGV placements

updated to lastest Nimitz mod

re-added briefing maps

@ rory, how did you get the enemy jets on the map? I cant figure it out, I am creating an air then ground mission but dont know how to spawn the enemy jets.

Thanks

Hey airborneguy,

I am using Kronsky's UPS script which although designed for urban foot patrols actually works very well for vehicles and jets. They patrol and area and then once they die they respawn at the dirt airfields. You only need to two markers/waypoints, a respawn point and a patrol point.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Mission updated slightly,

Added Virtual Ammo Box System Script

Updated wreck removal script - 5mins for vehicle wreck removal so long as within 100m of player

Added extra ammo crates to rear R & R area

Tweaked weather

Reworked respawn system, four spawns now all with markers in correct place

Respawn now with same initial start weapons (pistol, smoke and glow sticks)

Fixed multiple players respawn bug

PBO's updated and link updated

Edited by rory_pamphilon

USS Nimitz & Su35 versions now updated to include fix for multiple nimitz respawn bug.

PBO's updated

If you don't mind can you share Respawn system? i'm kind of get hard ass with f18 respawn on nimitz :(.

Rory_pamphilion, could you please update your mission with the F/A-35 by Chortles -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171239-F-35B-Lightning-II and MiG29K from Dezkit -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171865-Ivory-Aircraft , it would be nice to have more plane options and a Opfor carrier based jet ;)

PS: Oooh, and you can scrap those AA tanks and put C-RAMs as Nimitz´s defenses, they´re bad asses ->http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177933-C-RAM-(Counter-Rocket-Artillery-and-Mortar)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

New 0.72 Version

Links on on frontpost here updated

SU35 adversaries added

F18 & F15 added along side F14

New Intro

Reworked deck layout

Updated to Eden

Adjusted time of day

Adjusted time of day selection mechanism (portable toilet, lower rear deck)

Adjusted enemy patrol areas

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/636565800

• Like 2

0.73 Update

Changelog...

Implemented Davidoss's excellent cleanup script, vastly improved FPS as a result

Implemented mission folder structure

Rationalised triggers

Made all players fighter pilots

Increased skill level of SU 35 enemies