Sign in to follow this  
simon1279

Italian Armed Forces

ITALIAN ARMED FORCES

mod_zps8656f46f.png

SCREENSHOTS:

th_arma32014-11-0316-42-28-62_zpsc7846ccd.pngth_arma32014-11-0316-43-58-57_zpsccbe4ffb.pngth_arma32014-11-0316-45-50-97_zps22ec038a.pngth_arma32014-11-0316-47-28-87_zpsfdecfe40.pngth_arma32014-11-0316-52-05-11_zpsba89338a.pngth_arma32014-11-0316-49-50-41_zps40d06933.pngth_arma32014-11-0317-18-53-91_zps50a98aa5.pngth_arma32014-11-0317-19-29-01_zps19d5e32c.png

This addon adds a totally new entire faction (retextured NATO units), reworked materials, uniforms in vegetata camo pattern ,woodland and desert vegetata, backpacks in vegetata camo patterns,woodland and desert vegetata, groups in editor divided into Vegetata, woodland and vegetata desert,dedicated icons for each: uniform, backpack exc., a new unit for the recon men (renamed men SF) which is UAV Operator SF, units with boonie and cap have the NV goggles inside the vest and not mounted on the head, the same for snipers (no nvgoggles on head but inside inventory, Ghillie suit is in vegetata camo pattern), reworked loadout for each unit, retextured vehicles to be used in woodland Islands.

adds reworked site module for populating military bases with vegetata units (sites=>BLUFOR=>ITALIA), Italian names and surnames to AI units, the soldier's voices and faces are from AAF units

It contains stringtable including italian language and english.

Many thanks to =HH= lupo@lpha, Chairborne, =AMI= Maw, =AMI= Lynx, Frost, kappasilent, Hollywood, Centauro83, Catilina, WildWolf for help in testing and convincing me in upgrading the old version, many thanks to the whole SGI community for its effort and to the =HH= clan for critics, suggestions and testing

Many special thanks to Lonewolf from SGI community for his usefull help in developing

i hope you enjoy.

Please note that this is purely fictional on the wave of ArmA 3, so if you're looking for something realistic, more complete or non fictional at all, please do not download this mod, avoid commenting in this topic,try looking for something else. thanks in advance

License / Disclaimer:
modification of the contents of this addon is only allowed with direct permission of both of the original authors.
should permission be granted by the authors the contents of this addon are under APL-SA license. that means that modification of any derivative of the original content also requires permission of both original authors.

in short:
- Permission of authors required for any type of modification that results in redistribution even/especially in modified state
- Noncommercial - You may not use this material for any commercial purposes.
- Arma Only - You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in other games than Arma.
- Share Alike - If you adapt, or build upon this material after receiving permission, you may distribute the resulting material only under the same license.
- The arma 3 logo on the italian flag has been made by me and it's wired to this mod so do not use that logo for your mod, without asking me.
- The arma 3 logo is copyright protected and it's property of Bohemia Interactive Studio.

DOWNLOAD

Size: 73.1 Mb

Signed + serverkey included

this version will be updated when new 3d model of weapons and vehicles will be included (still lot of time needed we're working on this in just 2 persons)

Changelog:

v2.9.1

-fixed A-164 Plane texture (many thanks to Lao Fei Mao)

-fixed some issues related to the last 1.42 patch

-added some assets from the last Marksmen DLC (some classes are dependant on this awesome DLC)

Changelog:

v2.9

-fixed some problems related to heli pilots

Changelog:

v2.8

-fixed vests and armors stats (according to latest VA)

-fixed uniforms stats (according to latest VA)

-fixed localization issue with Desert Autorifleman

-added proper crew helmet to armored vehicles crewmen

-reworked vegetata textures for infantery uniforms (removed arms weird texture noise and shadows)

-reworked vehicles materials (for a better camo look)

Changelog:

v2.7

-totally reworked vegetata camo

-new vegetata desert

-new woodland camo

-new retexture vehicles

-new module sites faction italia

-new units loadout

-new overall units look

Included files:

Air_IAF.pbo

air_iaf.pbo.iaf.bisign

IAF.pbo

iaf.pbo.iaf.bisign

Modules_IAF.pbo

modules_iaf.pbo.iaf.bisign

readme version file

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{SnNsWUJlYzJFSjdUSVk4TG93QTRvUHhCY0U5REh6Nlkza21xMSt4MWNDbG1YRlRUeXU0OEU1VXpoWFM5Ly9kcnhza1VsSUNhaUJFcEg1VldMT0JvdU83dWUwc3IxRnEvQmVmdm1lMDQyZGQyUlZrTlR0dDFLYXNEcTVFRHFlM2k=}

Edited by Simon1279
Updated to the latest upgraded version 2.9.1

This addon is bikey signed

Without the bisign file the key is useless, you should include the bisign files as well as the key.

The bisign files are for the client, the key is for the server.

Regarding the 2 versions, I assume the difference is for the in-game langauge displayed with your unis (like icons etc)?

Don't get me wrong but imho this is more a reskin than an addon that adds real italian gear.

No italians weapons nor vehicles nor real italians troops(alpini,folgore,lagunari,bersaglieri)are present at the moment.I don't know if you plan to add them in the future,just pointing out the actual status.

Reading just the topic title i was expecting something similar to Pedagne Mod for A2.

The trick to remove the nvg from their default position is indeed a very good solution!

Without the bisign file the key is useless, you should include the bisign files as well as the key.

The bisign files are for the client, the key is for the server.

Regarding the 2 versions, I assume the difference is for the in-game langauge displayed with your unis (like icons etc)?

yes it is the units display language and nothing else, so about key tomorrow i'l provide for to make one, many thanks for your suggestion :)

for first it was intended to be used just to play with friends, but one of them suggested to share it if someone else wants to use it and so here i am

@sam a t mod like pedagne at the actual status of the game means an endless work, and it is like to build a wall, and during the night someone is going to destroy it and you have to rebuild ecah pacth everything from the begin, that's the addon and i say better than nothing right now

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

No italians weapons nor vehicles nor real italians troops(alpini,folgore,lagunari,bersaglieri)are present at the moment.I don't know if you plan to add them in the future

Arma 3 itself is fictional so believe me i'm really not interested in italian alpini exc. exc., also the game has nato, nor US army, Us navy, USMC, socom exc. so this point goes nowhere sadly

Ok thx for clarification,so the only italian thing in this addon would be all units reskinned in "vegetata" camo pattern right?

no plans for real italian military hardware in the foreseeable future?

Ok thx for clarification,so the only italian thing in this addon would be all units reskinned in "vegetata" camo pattern right?

no plans for real italian military hardware in the foreseeable future?

let's see we just need to imagine 2035 italian gear ;)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated

Arma 3 itself is fictional

Well, the islands are perfectly usable with realistic gear, the community just has to provide it. Of course that will take years, but I'm sure we will be able to play Arma3 with realistic contemporary equipment eventually.

But nevertheless, Vegetata is a great camo pattern, and just to have that is already a big plus. Let's just pretend these guys are SF, because SF teams often buy their own gear that deviates from their army's standard equipment.

My only real criticism is your use of Imageshack for the pic, the slooowwwestest imagehoster on the planet... and if you make pictures, better make it a JPG instead of PNG, the filesize can be much smaller (and the lossless quality of PNG is not needed in this case).

Oh, and a small issue, in this pic: http://imageshack.us/a/img407/5443/9f7i.png the "stretch patch" on the pants just above the butt would look better in my opinion if it wasn't in camo pattern but in a plain (olive) color, to give it the impression to be made of different fabric.

Well, the islands are perfectly usable with realistic gear, the community just has to provide it. Of course that will take years, but I'm sure we will be able to play Arma3 with realistic contemporary equipment eventually

Personally i think: for realistic gear exc. we already have arma 2 amd various mods such as ACE 2, so i really like 2035 fictional arma 3 set, for a matter of making something such as new vehicles, weapons exc., i prefeir to imagine 2035 italian army gear than use clunky AR 70-90 wich are rusty clunky irons, or better than italian army i would like to focus on EU army, with EU flag patches and a brand new invented camo pattern specifically made for EU armed forces

Oh, and a small issue, in this pic: http://imageshack.us/a/img407/5443/9f7i.png the "stretch patch" on the pants just above the butt would look better in my opinion if it wasn't in camo pattern but in a plain (olive) color, to give it the impression to be made of different fabric.

thx for feedback i'll looking into it

Edited by Simon1279

Made as you suggested, tested with firends

knee

th_arma32013-09-2011-04-49-25_zps6fe3233b.jpg

Back

th_arma32013-09-2011-06-20-08_zps4f4f421f.jpg

they said they do prefeir the full camo one, the difference in manifacture is evident also without to change the color, so i believe i'll keep as my =AMI= friends do prefeir, after all this mod was made basically for them

figured out how to make it looking better, =AMI= test passed

knee

th_arma32013-09-2013-43-12-57_zps409f5ab7.png

back

th_arma32013-09-2013-42-36-80_zps4f81815e.png

made the alpha filter a little lighter, and changed pattern

Link updated, and units too first post

Edited by Simon1279

Fisrt post updated, mod version updated, updated DL link

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Edited by Guest

Version updated bugs fixed read 1st post

Updated first post and files + DL link to the final version

PS: chance of a changelog?

New mod 2.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Simon1279;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Update version with some bugfixes and stats see 1st post, actual version 2.8