Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Inventory and ammobox scroller flicks to top

Guys,

This is really a massive ballache now. See how the left hand pane in the inventory dialog will not stay scrolled to bottom, it flicks back to top, apparently randomly and without any user action. See YT below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEzDZtjv0z0

It's immensely frustrating when you have a large number of changes to make in your loadout and it's responsible for a number of needless player deaths because a quick gear change simply isn't possible. If the object you want it right at the bottom of the box, it's practically impossible to grab it.

There is a feedback tracker ticket for this and it's got a number of votes. Disturbingly, it's been reviewed but not assigned, despite the fact it's 'severity = major' and 'priority = high' and 44 upvotes. (edit - 45 votes)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13143#c54761

What's actually moved me to highlight this issue now is that it was actually fixed, although not mentioned in logs on the Dev branch build of September the 12th but subsequently broken 4 days later. It's reportedly not fixed today.

This alone is preventing me and my group using dev branch right now as the issue is fixed in the current stable build. I'd love to drool over these lovely performance improvements I read about in todays DB build, but I am totally not going to subject my users to this nasty box bug in order to get these improvements.

It's been fixed once, just before stable v1 was released and presumably unfixed because the dev after v1 was actually a week or so old. JJ has said they are putting old fixes back into dev during this week but I'm desperately disappointed this particular fix is still on a desk in Brno and not on my SSD. :)

Please, chaps, get this one to us ASAP and ideally, before the weekend so I can show the new improved dev and play it over the weekend. Pretty please?

Edited by Tankbuster

Think the Stable release version on the game was actually the Dev candidate for the 20/8/13, hence why stable is fine and the Dev is still broke. Im presuming that the VAS users of the world aren't affected by this issue???

I have tried to highlight this error since the above date and with all the Altis and Release its still missed and not allocated.

As Tanky says, its now preventing us from getting true performance increases as we wont be giving up stable to suffer this annoying issue...

Please do something SOON

Seen this also its very annoying !!!!!!!! ( extra exclamation marks for emphasis ) !!!!!!

Why don't you guys sort by type, that will reduce the amount that you see. Also, right clicking an item sends it directly to your inventory.

I am sorry, but this does not happen to me.

Well im pleased that you think that we should reduce the amount of items in our box just to remove a error. Sorting by type still doesnt cut the mustard. It might be fine for you.... it doesnt work for us and many others. Sadly i think that this comment is really silly and maybe you should think more before you post. Why should we be restricted on how many items should be in an ammo box? Why should we have eight boxes when one will do?

This bug only happens in dev branch, at least til yesterday, dunno if BIS patched Stable yet.

But yeah, its frigging ballsac-annoying! Imagine getting a gun, fitting it with a scope and a silencer (which only took you 3 minutes!!) and now you want ammo and rightclick ammo only...SURPRISE!! It's scrolls to the top and VOILA! You just equipped another gun...Now you get to do it all over again.

Congratulations!!

According to the linked feedback ticket, it's resolved in Dev build 110387. Now, that's not the build we got today, perhaps tomorrow. :)

Well im pleased that you think that we should reduce the amount of items in our box just to remove a error. Sorting by type still doesnt cut the mustard. It might be fine for you.... it doesnt work for us and many others. Sadly i think that this comment is really silly and maybe you should think more before you post. Why should we be restricted on how many items should be in an ammo box? Why should we have eight boxes when one will do?

Ok. I was offering a workaround until the bug is fixed. Your using a DEV build, there are going to be some flaws, because in it's nature it is still in Development. Why don't you not resort to name calling and trying to tell people not to post, when someone is just offering a workaround and some advice. Being an asshat and rude will not net you any other solution, either use it as it is working now, or use a workaround which I offered. Sorting the ammo box by type would reduce the the items you see, there for removing the scroll bar from the inventory screen, therefore removing the glitch. Don't be that guy and take your frustration out on me.

I for one do not experience the glitch, but some people I team up with do. So this is the workaround they used, just trying to be helpful and sharing it with you. Also sorting by type will organize the items by type, not limit you to what you push into it.