Sign in to follow this  
k0rd

My only complaint- can't place charges on vehicles!

So, in the field manual in the beta, there were explosives that stated they could be placed on vehicles. "Explosive Charge" was one of them.

It is out of the field manual now, but I would have really liked this feature.

While I'm at it: congratulations to BI for the Arma 3 release. I'm really enjoying it (and have been enjoying it since the Alpha.)

There is an app mod for that but granted, shouldn't be needed.

I just thought it would eventually come to core because of the entry in the field manual - really it's not a big deal because it can be scripted.. but it would be nice to be able to do it in scenarios that don't expect it.

I want to be able to attach an explosive charge on a quadcopter UAV, fly it where the enemy is and detonate the charge.

As would I, it would make a great way to send the OPFOR a nice farewell present.

i can't wait to drive bombcars at blufor while playing this over VOIP.

I want to be able to attach an explosive charge on a quadcopter UAV, fly it where the enemy is and detonate the charge.

You and I think exactly alike. Take a look at this video, you'll like what you see.

(TL: DR for the video, US soldiers now have a pod UAV they launch in the air and it has an explosive on it, it flys down to the target and detonates.)

You guys are doing a great job describing all the reasons why you SHOULDN'T be able to place charges on vehicles. Thank god it's NOT in ARMA.

I would prefer to have the option to drop the explosive charge into an enemy soup than to blow up those nice&buzzy quadcopters.:D

Im not a fan of the idea of a UAV carrying explosive. Seeing the real ones honestly they couldn't pick up much and would be a risky trick to do. Plus a waste of time and money. I know any self respecting enlisted would be kicking a juniors face in for suggesting that. Then again this is a mod friendly community so if you like Call of Duty stuff more power to you.

UAV sillyness aside - I'm sad this didn't make it into the game.

You and I think exactly alike. Take a look at this video, you'll like what you see.

(TL: DR for the video, US soldiers now have a pod UAV they launch in the air and it has an explosive on it, it flys down to the target and detonates.)

1 min 30 secs into that video reminds me of this...

Hey guys im new to ARMA and the forums so firstly whats up!

Anyway I have played mostly King of the Hill.

My question is how do the explosives work with the explosives spec? I had a mine down last night and a dude walked right through it. I had it on some steps in a house where there was only one way to get up stairs. Luckily he didnt see me and I killed him. I immediately looked and the mine was still there.

I had a different explosive down (not sure which one) another time and walked right over it. Then later I had the same thing put down (could have been different) and walked over it and it exploded and killed me.

Thanks ahead of time and any advice will help.

Hey guys im new to ARMA and the forums so firstly whats up!

Anyway I have played mostly King of the Hill.

My question is how do the explosives work with the explosives spec? I had a mine down last night and a dude walked right through it. I had it on some steps in a house where there was only one way to get up stairs. Luckily he didnt see me and I killed him. I immediately looked and the mine was still there.

I had a different explosive down (not sure which one) another time and walked right over it. Then later I had the same thing put down (could have been different) and walked over it and it exploded and killed me.

Thanks ahead of time and any advice will help.

some explosives are armed with timed triggers or remote detonators (use the action menu after you have placed one)

antipersonnel mines are what you are looking for.

some explosives are armed with timed triggers or remote detonators (use the action menu after you have placed one)

antipersonnel mines are what you are looking for.

Thank you

You guys are doing a great job describing all the reasons why you SHOULDN'T be able to place charges on vehicles. Thank god it's NOT in ARMA.

Well aside from Suicide vehicles during Operations by Realism units it would probably end very badly with jihad jeeps everywhere.

Though the US Army does use the UCAV (excuse my BF noobiness I haven't read about that drone since like May)

Sticky mines sound cool --it's the BEEP BEEP BEEP sound that makes placing mines a buzz kill.

It would be a nice feature to have in vanilla, but i doubt it will be made :)

For now, you can use this script.

Easy to use, easy to implement into a mission and doesnt require addons :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22058

NOTE: I havent created it and im not trying to take any kind of credit for it.