Sign in to follow this  
terox

Zeu_CFGAIskill

Zeu_CfgAIskill

LATEST VERSION : v1.00 18th Sept 2013

:icon_arrow:Download It here

1. This addon redefines the "CfgAIskills" class values in the config and is much more powerful in scope than my previously released Zeu_Serverskill addon which only edited values using Setskill.
  2. This addon is designed for Serverside or Single player only.
  3. It does not require any other addons
  4. It changes the upper and lower values that Setskill or the mission editor unit skill slider can use
  5. It is ideal for CooP servers
  6. This addon effects
    • Editor placed A,I
    • Respawning A.I
    • A.I Created dynamically via scripts

[*]This addon DOES NOT effect

• Multiplayer AI local to the clients (I could create a clientside version but the values would be non editable and unless I define for example a gamelogic to be placed in the mission, the client would not require it as the mission would not have any addon dependancy

Setskill or the mission editor slider can only select an AI skill value between the Minimum and Maximum values defined in CfgAIskills and therefore is much more limited in scope than this addon.

Therefore the unit skill slider and setskill functionality is not overwritten by this addon, it just changes the range of values that can be used

The actual values can be customised to your liking by editing the userconfig\zeu\zeu_CfgAISkill.hpp

Due to the ability to change the skill values without editing the actual addon, no Bikeys will be released. This is to prevent multiplayer clients running "Biased" values.

NB>> This does not effect clientside AI

We have run the default values defined in this addon for many weeks now and are happy with the AI.

We use the following values in our *****.Arma3Profile for all Difficulty classes, e.g Regular, veteran etc

skillFriendly=0.75;

skillEnemy=0.75;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

precisionEnemy=0.75;

How To Install

Unzip the pack directly into your root arma3 install

This will then give you the folder structure

MyArma3\@Zeus

MyArma3\userconfig

Define a -mod param in your startup line -mod=@zeus

or alternatively copy the addon inside @Zeus\addons directly to your root addon folder (This will allow your server icon in the multiplayer server browser to remain green)

How To Edit the Values

If you wish to edit the values, stop the server and open up the userconfig\zeu\zeu_CfgAISkill.hpp with notepad

The following explains what each of the 4 values in the individual attribute arrays do

class cfgAIskills
{
// Attribute[] 	        = {[b][color="#FF0000"]A[/color][/b],	[b][color="#0000FF"]B[/color][/b],	[b][color="#FF0000"]C[/color][/b],	[b][color="#0000FF"]D[/color][/b]	};
aimingAccuracy[] 	= {0,	0,	1,	0.5	};
aimingShake[] 		= {0,	0,	1,	1	};
aimingSpeed[] 		= {0,	0.5,	1,	1	};
endurance[] 		= {0,	0,	1,	1	};
spotDistance[] 		= {0,	0.2,	1,	0.4	};
spotTime[] 		= {0,	0,	1,	0.7	};
courage[] 		= {0,	0,	1,	1	};
reloadSpeed[] 		= {0,	0,	1,	1	};
commanding[] 		= {0,	0,	1,	1	};
general[] 		= {0,	0,	1,	1	};
};

There are 4 elements to each skill set.

The value of each element can range between 0 and 1

The elements are paired A&B and C&D

1st element in the pair defines the setskill value or Mission editor slider position

2nd element in the pair defines the actual skill value that will be used when Setskill or Mission editor slider is set to the 1st value

A: This defines the skill slider value for the lowest skill setting (Typically this should always be 0)

B: This defines the skill value when the slider or setskill value is "A"

C: This defines the skill slider value for the highest skill setting (Typically this should always be 1)

D: This defines the skill value when the slider or setskill value is "C"

so for example

MyAttribute[]={0, 0.4, 1, 0.9};

If you set the unit skill of myattribute using

unit setskill ["myattribute",1];

The unit will have an actual skill level for "myattribute" of 0.9

if you defined

unit setskill ["myattribute",0.5];

The unit will have an actual skill of 0.65 (Halfway between the lower value of 0.4 and the higher value of 0.9)

Changelog

V1.0 release version

Edited by Terox

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated with "fixed" version

Thank you for the release, your previous addon was great :)

Edit:

Zeu_AiI.hpp not found when we launch it.

I think the .hpp doesn't have the right name in the userconfig folder.

Edited by Papanowel

Thank you for the release, your previous addon was great :)

Edit:

Zeu_AiI.hpp not found when we launch it.

I think the .hpp doesn't have the right name in the userconfig folder.

sorry, slight oversight.

Rename the userconfig\zeu\.hpp file to zeu_ai.hpp

or

redownload.

The hosted file has been updated

Edited by Terox

Question about this cause this could really be a good one for missions with air/vehicle ai. what distance is spotDistance 1? I mean in vehicles the ai never spot enemys/players as far as they could be. In a tank you can spot enemys over 2500m, so ai should(COULD, even tank crews cant spot 360° the hole time) spot also at ~1500m. Also Anti air or attack helicopters should aware of targets far higher and not fly by and shoot from 200m away. they only react if under fire and on a tank battle this is mostly too late. If they react they are most time too fast. E.g. i fire from a tank 1800m away and miss. AI will spot me within 0.0s and turn instant their turret and fire.

The thing is: On a perfect enviroment i can set up the distance they could spot for each class of enemy. Infantrie 400m, light vehicles 1000m(hot), 600m(cold), heavy 1700m(hot), 1200m (cold), air 1700m(hot for infantrie), anti air 1700m would me my example.

Edited by Numrollen

I'm slightly confused here. If you're mod does not affect client local AI, then doesn't that render this mod useless? Surely it must affect both server-side and client-side AI? Can someone please clarify this.

sorry, slight oversight.

Rename the userconfig\zeu\.hpp file to zeu_ai.hpp

or

redownload.

The hosted file has been updated

Thanks it's what I did last night ;)

I'm slightly confused here. If you're mod does not affect client local AI, then doesn't that render this mod useless? Surely it must affect both server-side and client-side AI? Can someone please clarify this.

The AI setting are set for the server, a client-side setting will not affect this. In conclusion, you don't need to run this for the client who join the server.

"Local AI" in Arma means, AI that is "calculated" by that computer (in most cases as a player, this is only AI that are in your group when you're a leader).

It does not mean that AI that you encounter is "local" (as in close to you). All enemy AI in a coop mission is local to the server for example, but also friendly AI that has an AI leader.

In TvT/CTI missions this addon is not as usefull, since allmost all AI is lead by players, and this local to clients.

Let me try to explain.

For all intents and purposes, this is basically a much more powerful option that the skill and precision settings for friendly and enemy in the arma3profile difficulty settings that server admins can set

This addon overwrites the BIS config values for AI skills. (That is all it does, it is a very simple addon)

This addon is ideal for coop servers.

It rewrites the skill values to the ai that are local to the machine that runs this addon, e.g the server. Unless you are a group leader with AI in your group, then all other AI are run by the server and will use the settings in this addon.

The reason why this addon has not been released with bikeys is so that clients cannot connect to a server that uses verify signatures and allow them to run whatever skill values they want for the AI in their group.

If they could, they would be able to reset the config values to create super AI and basically cheat without verifysigs picking anything up.

It is easily possible to create a version of this for clients, where all the files are enclosed in the addon, which would then stop them from tampering with any values set.

There are however 2 issues with this

1) The addon has been designed to allow easy customisation of the values via the userconfig file by the server admin, to tune the AI to their liking. If I were to create a clientside version, it would not match the Server's customised values

2) The addon does not create addon dependancy in a mission, which means clients don't need it anyway, and for it to work as one would want, the addon would have to create addon dependancy.

This can actually be enforced if i were to define say a game logic in the addon with a zeu class which you could then place in the mission, but that simply isnt practical for most servers.

I dont currently have the time to fine tweak the values and release a well configged set of skill values, which is why this addon has been designed to be so easily edited by server admins.

The only real way to make this as a "common" addon (i.e server and clientside)is to tie it into another addon, afterall , this only rewrites some BIS values just to stop the AI from being so laser accurate and spotting you from too far away

The old addon simply allowed you to select a value inbetween the config class high and low skill settings for each skill type. It overwrote any setskill commands run and also overwrote the skill slider that the units have in the mission editor.

This addon changes the config values directly while not effecting skill slider or setskill code

It is not possible to remotely inject configs or config values to clients from the server. The old addon injected code that changed the skill values via a setskill command, however the values that could be selected were between the ranges set by default BIS cfgAIskills

Edited by Terox

I cant for the life of me get this thing to install into arma III. I followed the instructions and unzipped the mod into the ARMA III main directory. I added the line to the start parameters in steam -mod=@CBA_A3;@TPW_MODS;@ZEUS is what it looks like. CBA and TPW load and initialize in ARMA III, but Zeus doesnt. AI still spotting and killing me way to easily. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

@Okupton

Are you running it as a dedicated server, or just adding this mod to your client? This is a server side only mod. Not to be installed on your local machine.

As TPW is a single player only mod, and this is a multiplayer only mod, I suspect the latter.

First off - thanks for trying to fix the absurd AI skills that we have in game.

Here's my problems; you said "We use the following values in our *****.Arma3Profile for all Difficulty classes, e.g Regular, veteran etc

skillFriendly=0.75;

skillEnemy=0.75;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

precisionEnemy=0.75; "

Where the heck is this .Arma3Profile script on my server? It's not obvious to me where its at. Maybe its because I am not running my own box but a server I rent or something.

Also, you mentioned this file; userconfig\zeu\zeu_CfgAISkill.hpp which I figure is supposed to be uploaded onto the server and put into userconfig/zeu/ - but - where is zeu_CFGAISkill.hpp? It didn't come in the download.

Also you mention

First off - thanks for trying to fix the absurd AI skills that we have in game.

Here's my problems; you said "We use the following values in our *****.Arma3Profile for all Difficulty classes, e.g Regular, veteran etc

skillFriendly=0.75;

skillEnemy=0.75;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

precisionEnemy=0.75; "

Where the heck is this .Arma3Profile script on my server? It's not obvious to me where its at. Maybe its because I am not running my own box but a server I rent or something.

Also, you mentioned this file; userconfig\zeu\zeu_CfgAISkill.hpp which I figure is supposed to be uploaded onto the server and put into userconfig/zeu/ - but - where is zeu_CFGAISkill.hpp? It didn't come in the download.

Also you mention

The same place as your

Arma3.cfg (Bandwidth settings)

SYSTEM.vars.Arma3Profile

If you have not defined a -profile switch then this will be in the default profile location, a users folder on C drive somewhere. (Not sure where because I always use a custom -profile

as for the

userconfig\zeu\zeu_CfgAISkill.hpp

it should be

userconfig\zeu\zeu_ai.hpp

redownload from the link on the first post of this thread

that was fixed 2 days ago and is mentioned in 2 different posts on this thread

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

if anyone is using different settings to the default, can you let me know what you are using please .

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

I cant for the life of me get this thing to install into arma III. I followed the instructions and unzipped the mod into the ARMA III main directory. I added the line to the start parameters in steam -mod=@CBA_A3;@TPW_MODS;@ZEUS is what it looks like. CBA and TPW load and initialize in ARMA III, but Zeus doesnt. AI still spotting and killing me way to easily. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The addon CAN be used in single player.

The only place it cant be used, is in a multiplayer environment by the client if the server has verifysignatures turned on, which is recommended so that clients cannot join with any addon they please.

Terox: did you read my post? :P It wasnt meant to be client side settings, dedicated only is perfect!

doesnt work on our server. i installed the addon on the server and added @Zeus in the startup parameter line. also i uploaded the zeu_ai.hpp in the userconfig folder and used ur settings. so the accuracy should be 0.45 ? ai killed us with 2-3 shots from 200-300m .. cant see any difference ..

did i something wrong ?

does it effect all AI the same way or can you have different levels for friendly and enemy AI?

@ Numrollen.

The actual AI performance on spotting isnt just down to the cfgAIskills, there are a lot more config values that modify this per unit. Such as Camouflage etc.

cfgAIskills is the base line to which these modifiers work.

So a unit class will modify the base settings, then the skill slider and the ****.arma3profile will modify it further.

All I did here was give you a tool to modify the baseline and I defined a value that works okay for us.

To tweak everything to the point where Protegimus took it in A2 is way too much work and way too time consuming.

#Blackburn [Tier-1] try running the dev mission that is included in the download, try with and without the mod at max range 600 and then 300 to see the difference.

Its possible the accuracy needs reducing more, but as it stands now it is way way better than BIS default.

Also run some code to see what values are being used by the server, maybe output cfgAIskills to the .rpt file.

The addon is a simple overwrite of BIS cfgAIskills, nothing more

You can modify those values to completely nerf the ai if you wanted to.

server is already on dev.

i tried it again now. i set all settings to 0.1 and the ai hit me from 300 m in 10 sec 20 times

tried it with ur mp test mission on stratis .. i changed the settings in the paramter and also in the zeu_ai.hpp on the server .. no effect for me :(

and did you run some debug code to verify the addon is running, eg output getarray (configfile "cfgAIskill" etc etc

that will verify you are running the addon, alternatively add a syntax error to the userconfig and try running it on your local player hosted server, it will give you an error if it is being loaded

you cannot edit the cfg settings via the test mission, it can only be done via the userconfig.

The test mission setskills the units, eg ranges within the upper and lower limits of the individual skill type set by cfgaiskill

Edited by Terox

So in order to put this on my dedicated server i just put it in my pc @mods folder? or i need to upload it to the server?

So in order to put this on my dedicated server i just put it in my pc @mods folder? or i need to upload it to the server?

Upload it to your server.