Sign in to follow this  
joplin66

FPS issue on multiplayer - Is a solution being worked on?

Hi basically everybody knows that this game has been poorly optimized but that's ok if you can just let us all know that the issue is being addressed and when a patch is expected to become available. I am referring to the multiplayer side of things. What is the progress as this issue is not hardware related.

A fair thread would defiantly be nice to here some feed back,

This game has took over me lol I love it I've tried the tweaks and have I spent hours trying to stop this and finally give up after reading the forms for advice, i think a time frame is all we need please :cool:

I7 2600k @3.5

Samsung 830 SSD 128 G

8 Gig Ram

ATI 6950 OC addiction 2gig

Windows 7

Hi basically everybody knows that this game has been poorly optimized but that's ok if you can just let us all know that the issue is being addressed and when a patch is expected to become available. I am referring to the multiplayer side of things. What is the progress as this issue is not hardware related.

Have you tried some optimisation yourself?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

-nosplash -world=empty -skipIntro -noLogs -cpuCount=4(change this one to the number of cores you have)

Try the above for starters in steam - Arma3 - properties - launch options. It didn't auto detect correctly on my system and setting these doubled my FPS.

On some servers nothing works - they are just bad servers. Server choice is as important as the above.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

Don't bother with the placebo fixes people post on this forum. It's all the game and nothing can be done on your end.

play on a well hosted server with an admin that can actually think and you should get the singleplayer fps in multiplayer. easy as that: crcti, ~30players , server fps 40-50, my fps 80.

many admins like to see their upload much bigger than it is too, that also increases cpu usage and slows server to death.

play on a well hosted server with an admin that can actually think and you should get the singleplayer fps in multiplayer. easy as that: crcti, ~30players , server fps 40-50, my fps 80.

many admins like to see their upload much bigger than it is too, that also increases cpu usage and slows server to death.

I don't know why ppl think server fps has dramatic impact on client fps. I do host domination server (separate box) and can monitor cpu memory usage, server fps, etc. What I've noticed if server runs even 10fps my game runs 40-60fps depending on scene, server runs 50fps same scence 40-60fps. It really has minor impact on clent fps. maybe wasteland mission...

I don't know why ppl think server fps has dramatic impact on client fps. I do host domination server (separate box) and can monitor cpu memory usage, server fps, etc. What I've noticed if server runs even 10fps my game runs 40-60fps depending on scene, server runs 50fps same scence 40-60fps. It really has minor impact on clent fps. maybe wasteland mission...

domination just runs fine if its hoasted with headless client, if done so the client fps should be as singleplayer fps avg. without headless client many missions with many ai(as domi/wasteland) should have great performanc eimpact on the clients. if your server got 10fps and you got 40-60fps...well shreenshot or it didnt happen. with 10 server fps the sync of the clients slows all down, this maybe possible if you are alone on the server.

with 10+ clients, server fps 10= all max 25-30fps but i would be very pleased if you could tell me your secret of hosting^^

Just created a thread and saw this. smh.

I'm having FPS issues as well, I haven't tried optimizing it myself with Tharkari's link since I'm at work at the moment. None the less, here is my setup.

O/S: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (fully updated)

Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula - Republic of Gamers

CPU: AMD FX-8150 - 3.6 GHz O/C'd to 3.8 GHz (8 core processor - all cores unparked)

GPU: AMD HD Radeon 6150

RAM: 16GB (Forgot the brand, either Mushkin or Corsair I believe)

With this setup on Very High I get like 17-24 FPS... which is terrible.

Don't bother with the placebo fixes people post on this forum. It's all the game and nothing can be done on your end.

All i can say is this: All my buddies stopped playn this until the fps-problem is fixed. Its on Bohemia to solve this.