Sign in to follow this  
Dave -OFPL-

Cheats

Its pathetic. Its a shame. It spoils a good game. How the hell is OFP suppsosed to attract MP Gamers with a rubbish netcode - no proper linux ssupport - cheats everywhere. You go to a search engine type it and look what you get! OFP was only made to work MP with Gamespy and Direct IP - Have any of the makers actually thought of going on the rubbish program and looking at the lobby chat?? Links are constantly given out to all sorts of trainers and cheats. A patch? Can we have one which fixes this. And not just an OFP:R one, OFP aswell.

Cheat's arent that rampant.. Atleast not where I play. If you are using original OFP, Radishville dedicated server is very good. Also, if you use gamespy, simply, DON'T! Get The Eye for a game browser for original OFP.

If you use OFP:R, well then, you have an ingame browser. Stoner's House of Pancakes is a great OFP:R server. Stoner's doesn't have cheaters.

So just chill out, look around, and all will be well.

Stoner's web page

Radishville site

Go there, go to the forums, get IP's. And enjoy! smile.gif

it's unfortunate that cheats are rampant...but most cheats utilize changing values in RAM, which no program at the momemt can catch. sad.gif

so best thing would be joining a reputable clan.

Cheats are very rare in OFP compared to other games.

I think OFP should have nothing to do with gamespy.

OFP is the best game ever and gamespy is the worst program ever.

I dont know if this is OFPs or gamespys fault but I blame gamespy cuz I hate gamespy.

If I enter multiplayer ingame, then exit multiplayer, then enter multiplayer again it will take like 30 seconds to get the laptop up.

If I change the filter I have to wait 30 seconds, then when I refresh the list I have to wait 30 seconds again but nothing appears on the list and I have to restart the game. I also have to wait 30 seconds if I change between sockets and direct play.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Aug. 20 2002,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think OFP should have nothing to do with gamespy.

OFP is the best game ever and gamespy is the worst program ever.<span id='postcolor'>

agreed, using gamespy for ofp is like using kerosene to fuel an f-16, it might be able to work but it'll crash and burn sooner rather than later.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ Aug. 20 2002,11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Aug. 20 2002,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think OFP should have nothing to do with gamespy.

OFP is the best game ever and gamespy is the worst program ever.<span id='postcolor'>

agreed, using gamespy for ofp is like using kerosene to fuel an f-16, it might be able to work but it'll crash and burn sooner rather than later.<span id='postcolor'>

Uh, jetfuel is basically kerosene. Its refined better so it has few impurities but turbines can burn just about anything that will burn.

You can run Disel in turboshaft engines like the Allison T250 which is used in commerical helicopter applications.

A better analogy would be "using Avgas to fuel an F-16."

I've only encountered one or two cheaters out of several hundred players I've met. Beat that with any other game out that.

After a year as a admin on a pretty popular server I can say its not really that bad. I have only ran into maybe a handfull of morons using the unlimited ammo cheat and have only seen the lag/time-out cheat once...

cheat.jpg

But 99.9% of the people I play with are legitimate players with good morals (Harnu being the exception wow.gif  )

Just breaking your balls smile.gif

***disclaimer***Harnu is in no way associated with or ever been associated with cheaters. Dont get the wrong Idea just cause I was hacking on the guy up there. Just a bit of inner-server hurmor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ Aug. 21 2002,03:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just breaking your balls smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

With how much that happens I'm suprised I've still get em sad.gif

biggrin.gif

The Cheating problem is getting worse as more players learn how to do it. The answer is simple and has been stated before. Use Quality Servers which inforce banning. As one of the team that runs the WWW.SUICIDESQUAD.COM -[sES]- OFP-R server, we monitor anyone with a modified config.. if you dont die / are seen using unlimited ammo / take 10 sniper shots to the head before dieing then we ban you. Its that simple. So far only 2 players have been banned. So cheating is not everywhere, but is out there.

We had to discover that cheating during a ladder match without an external program running was possible. Wanna know how ? Everybody knows the leader option to radio targets. In small maps the positions of players are uncovered when he fires a single shot. There wont be a "9 o clock, enemy soldier , 300" message onscreen, but the extended target list, lists the players. We had a match where we were shot through fog on 300, or were totally covered behind 2 trees and a bushrow. I say behind as we were not looking through the bushrow. With the yellow square target function it was possible for our enemies to shoot us blindly. That sucked a lot. I hope BIS reads this to synchronise the target list with the actual sightings. We tested that "unsportmanship" function in a training session and I was even able to target the enemy unit miles away that shot me 30 seconds ago, although I never seen the unit. So I stood at respawn sorted targets and gave them to my comrades. It needs no skill to shoot a yellow square till someone dies. All the terrain is set useless with the yellow square. Problem is the team we played against doesnt event think they done wrong. They claim targetting via Radio is an embedded OFP function. They dont see their abuse of the function what they actually did. It is no fairness or sportsmanship at all to use a bug to improve your skills.

As a solution for mapmakers and ladder runners I suggest to remove the possibility to radio during a match. As most of the com´s are done with external programs like RW , Battlecom, Team Speak....noone really need the radio stuff during CTF or TDM maps. If you take away the radio function the targetting of unseen targets immedeately stops.

For BIS : I hope you can fix that problem with a patch.

If the missiondesigner gives every playable character its own onemangroup, the radio is somekind of "deactivated" and can't be abused.

Balschoiw, thats the price you pay for playing in Cadet mode. They're right, its not cheating, its a documented feature in cadet mode, and theres nothing wrong with it. What you need to do, is lobby to get Cadet mode taken off during the matches you play, otherwise it'll keep happening. Learn to play in Vet, and then hand them their asses in a rematch.

Has anyone seen a flying tank? It was the wierdest thing I have ever seen. That is the problem with editing the game bin file sad.gif

RED

It's been a few months since ive seen cheaters not really a problem. Good thing its not as bad as Half Life Counter Strike.

Thats the price of releasing the SDK. If anyone can fiddle with the code and see how it works, than anyone can exploit it and create cheats

The flying tank isn't a cheat code, its a glitch.  All you need is a couple satchels and a tank on cadet mode so it dont blow it to smithereans when you set those satchels off.

I've only been playing OFP for about 9 months and saw my first hand cheater a couple weeks ago.  He was 5 feet away from me firing off a Strela like it was a semi automatic...  Needless to say he was banned within a few minutes.

But that cheat is easy to see. It's those ones out there that have some type of invincible mode or somthing that are harder to detect.

www.fraghaus.com is a good OFP server, cheating isn't tolerated.

Hi everybody,

the cheat suspicion is a big problem.

How to know if a player use cheat codes ??

In a game, I saw a player who fly and shoot us from the sky. It was obvious that he used a cheat.

But what about the following bizarrery:

* the player shoot you from a very long distance without seeing you and without a sniper rifle ....

* Or when you kill a man, he takes only one second for coming back from its respawn whereas you need of 5 seconds in the same condition.

* The player has the same firing accuracy when he runs than as he stops;

* You see your target front of you but it kill you from another position.....

* In game when a player has more 40 frags whereas in average, the others has only 5 or 6 frags. (I don't speak of me, I compare the suspect with players who are excellent gamers  wink.gif ).

Are they very very good players ?? May be they have better game configuration, better hardware,.....

Maybe they profit of the lag....

I don't know.....

In conclusion, how to know if a player uses cheat codes ??

It is not healthy to suspect player who is in fact an excellent player who profits from lags or other bugs.....

confused.gif

Bye

@Tex: The targetting works in Veteran mode also. Test it.

We play ladder games with OFP for over 1 year now and always matched at ladders that dont allow cadet mode and 3pv. I am not a newbie at laddering. Fact is that targetting via radio is abused by some teams. This is in my opinion no sportsmanship and can be assumed as cheating.

There's a difference between targeting in cadet mode and in vet mode. In cadet mode, the yellow square stays with the target for a long period of time, and you can target the same soldier repeatedly. In vet mode however, the yellow square is static over the last known enemy position, and does not follow the target around, and also disappears within 5 seconds. Also, you can only target a player once with it, at least within a few minutes or until the player has been killed.

Since we play nothing but vet mode, I find targets to be useless, since you always end up getting bogus targets just pointing to the ground of where a soldier was previously (probably due to lag)...

Can anyone list the factual diffferences between Veteran and Cadet?

e.g

Cadet Veteran

----------- -------------

3 shots to kill 1 shot to kill

Friendly player tags No friendly tags

etc..

Thanks smile.gif

Well all of you that think there is only a unlimited ammo cheat you guys are blind, and need to wake up.

There are several cheats, they just aren't easy and downloadable like the unlimited ammo cheat.

There are Aimbots(far and few), Radar like cheats, several ways to change the config file to your advantage, a way to remove all objects(kind of like xray) allows you to see through everything, and of course the lag cheat(which I call the unplug cheat.)

And I am not some newbie, I have played this game since the day it came out, co-founded the best clan, and played for one of the best.

But you guys need to wake up, they are out there, and there is no way to really detect them, and like a earlier post said, you are kinda scared to jump to conclusions, just becuase there is no way to prove it.

I really wish BIS would partner up with Punk buster or something to stop this like CS and Unreal. Cuz although those cheats are very hard to use and take some programing knowledge or at least someone who knows something about the source of OFP, I have seen more and more of it lately.

Cheating is way to easy in OFP. I first found out about this some months ago, when i was testing some map. Unfotuantly i didnt have the required addons, but the mission loaded anyway.... The result? Ill tell you:

Everywhere where units that i didnt have was placed, was just emty space for me, allowing me to run through it like there wasnt anything there, allowing me to shoot through it, watch through it etc.

I know alot of hardcore OFP players who have been playing online since June last year that is very likely to stop if the next patch doesnt solve all these cheating problems. To this point, i have not seen anything else than BIS ignoring our "moaning" about cheats. I have many ideas to stop the cheating, but they are so simple that im sure BIS can come up with them by themself.