Sign in to follow this  
patko

Arma II from greenmangaming doesn't seem to work online

Greemangaming gave out ArmaII for free a good while back, I got in on the action and setup an account for later download. I downloaded the game and wanted to play online but each time I join a server it goes into the lobby and after the load screen goes back into the server list without error message.

This problem is pretty common but I haven't seen a solution for it.

Can anybody help me with this? Developers you guys have to be familiar with this right? Where is the problem here?

thanks in advance

What version are you running?

Are you joining servers that are running the same version?

What add-ons are you running?

Are you joining servers that are running the same add-ons or that require add-ons you aren't running?

I'm running version 1.11 and joining servers with same version. As for add-ons I don't know what that means, I installed the game and started playing it.

I don't know if it's of any consequence but before I installed ArmaII I had installed the free version and put a dynamic zombie mod into the mpmission folder, I uninstalled it. I can still see servers in the list playing "dynamic zombie sandbox" and what not but I guess everyone sees those regardless of installed mod.

I'm glad you are trying to help me.

edit: I successfully joined a server, but I don't know why. Still can't join any other servers.

Edited by patko

Check your arma2.rpt for errors that could point to a problem or post it somewhere for us to check it.

It should be under "c:\Users\<WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\".

"Item STR_ACT_KickVeh listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item <br/> listed twice

Item STR_PARAM_UsePrice0 listed twice

Item STR_PARAM_UsePrice5 listed twice

Item STR_PARAM_HealPackets listed twice

*** Player identity cannot be applied on person 2:24929 - player 756974463 not found"

I have registered my account via steam and the game is executed from C:\Program Files (x86)\CapsuleGames\ARMA II - PC. Maybe there is a conflict somewhere in authenticating my account info?

The only server I can join is called "aivaiv b aivaivaiv-" Type: coop; Mission: Evolution - E.

Edit: I'm beginning to think I can join servers that do not have battlEye enabled. (verifying this now)

Edit2: It seems my hunch is correct, I can join all non battlEye servers. I googled what battleEye is, and I know what this will look like. But I have never cheated in my life, first time playing this game.

Edited by patko

I can connect to all servers, thank you very much!