Sign in to follow this  
dreamagain

I have two GTX 680's and I can still barely get above 20 fps..

Wtf?! I know this game has optimization issues but I'm at a loss here. No matter what settings I change.. I barely get over 20.. I have a i5-3570k and 8gb of 1600mhz ram.. is something else bottlenecking it? Or is this pretty standard?

This is for singleplayer btw.

Do you have an SSD?

Are you one of the people that think running 12k view distance should be the normal? (when it really shouldn't be, since this game isn't optimized for it really)

I run 60+ fps, even online (good servers)

Yup I have an SSD. I've messed around with the distance meter in the video config but it doesnt seem to help all that much.

Wanna post a screenshot of your graphics settings?

I have the same processor as you, but only 1xGTX 680 and the game runs pretty good for me.

What is your view distance? Set it to 3000... then object view distance to 1200, tell me what happens?

Gotta start low.

I think I found the problem I was playing a custom singleplayer map where u set up a bunch of enemy zones on the island and proceed to take them over. I think i had it at 20 zones and it destroyed my framerate i reset it and lowered the amount of zones and my FPS went up drastically

I got all the settings to ultra and viewdistance around 3-4k usually and got no problem stay easly over 30-40 fps ( 3930k@4,5ghz, 32gb@2400 ) . The only thing is that I've to use one single GPU in ArmA 3 because of the mirror glitch in the vehicles and uav.. And the difference with SLI on or off are.... probably nothing... :butbut: ArmA 3 SLI profile isn't... let's say properly optimized :bounce3:

something like: shit game, i am dead after 4 seconds every time!!!! A couple of postings later: hey, it was the mission, made a helo jump without para :p

something like: shit game, i am dead after 4 seconds every time!!!! A couple of postings later: hey, it was the mission, made a helo jump without para :p

What? Well I wouldn't expect AI scripting from an entire side of the island away to affect performance in the way it did but I guess that was the problem. The game still does seem to run pretty bad even with 2 680's though and reduced AI.

Don't put all settings to ULTRA just because you have 2x GPU's

Check each setting to see if you notice a real difference and leave it on lowest that you can live with.

Certain things like AI are handled by CPU so doesn't matter if you had 10x GPU's it would still get bad performance.

To me i5 is not a good match for 2x 680's

Dont know if it's to me or the autor but the test made are in a clean editor without any sort of script

I am running with a 560 Ti, i5 3570k, and 8 GB of RAM. The game runs practically flawless in Single player on mostly high settings as long as view distance is properly adjusted. I don't see the point of going more than 3,000 or so. I can run steadily at 40-60 FPS. There are plenty of guides you can find.

I have yet to find ANY servers that are running smoothly for me. Some are just outright terrible with players teleporting all over the map and AI with death delay animations. All of the servers I play on put me at around 20-30 FPS if not worse. Adjusting settings in MP do not help in anyway for frame rate.

What? Well I wouldn't expect AI scripting from an entire side of the island away to affect performance in the way it did but I guess that was the problem. The game still does seem to run pretty bad even with 2 680's though and reduced AI.

You're saying that the SLI profile isn't optimized, but if I am not mistaken you have turned off SLI because of a glitch with the mirrors and in vehicle screens. So it wouldn't matter if you have 2 or 6 GTX 680's if SLI is disabled because of a graphical glitch. Furthermore, AI is not handle by your GPU's, it is handled by your CPU's, and if the AI in the mission is heavily scripted those scripts are being ran and the AI is being processed by your CPU even if you are on the other side of the island, the scripts still must continue to process.

My Specs:

Intel Core i7-3820 @ 4.0Ghz

16GB Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600Mhz CL9

Crucial M4 SSD 256GB

Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gb PCIE 3.0 256-Bit bus (I think?, bus width anyway)

Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard (Latest BiOS)

I turned my draw distance down to 3000, and let the game adjust the other two, and I am getting anywhere from 30-50 FPS. This was on an Assault and Annex map with 30 Players.

I am running with a 560 Ti, i5 3570k, and 8 GB of RAM. The game runs practically flawless in Single player on mostly high settings as long as view distance is properly adjusted. I don't see the point of going more than 3,000 or so. I can run steadily at 40-60 FPS. There are plenty of guides you can find.

I have yet to find ANY servers that are running smoothly for me. Some are just outright terrible with players teleporting all over the map and AI with death delay animations. All of the servers I play on put me at around 20-30 FPS if not worse. Adjusting settings in MP do not help in anyway for frame rate.

The best servers in my experience are the ones with 10 people or so connected.

Arma 3 seems to suffer from same problems as Arma 2. Just tested arma2 online today. Same FPS as Arma 3, the game hardly uses my GPU at all, it stays at 20-30%, same as Arma3. I run high settings in arma3, very high in arma2.

I fired up Metro:Last Light and GPU utilization was 100% or close to the whole time. Everything turned on/on highest setting, getting 20-30 FPS.

Is everything done on the CPU in Arma-series?

The best servers in my experience are the ones with 10 people or so connected.

Arma 3 seems to suffer from same problems as Arma 2. Just tested arma2 online today. Same FPS as Arma 3, the game hardly uses my GPU at all, it stays at 20-30%, same as Arma3. I run high settings in arma3, very high in arma2.

I fired up Metro:Last Light and GPU utilization was 100% or close to the whole time. Everything turned on/on highest setting, getting 20-30 FPS.

Is everything done on the CPU in Arma-series?

You're comparing a single player game to a to a facet of a multi modal game. Not a fair comparison. It has already been told by the Dev's on these forums that the MP is not optimized. It also depends heavily on the server hardware. There are no known tweaks or settings that will substantially improave framerates in the mp facet of Arma III. They are working on it, but they can only optimize for so much, and since game server hardware varies greatly, you're always going to get mixed results. I got great game play on =7CAVs= server, it is set to restart every 6 hours, and the community is great.