Sign in to follow this  
pipin78

The Mi 48 Kajman

This is sad :| The textures are also quite bad and no attempt was made to add some extra details with normal mapping and stuff. To be honest, I think the best "cockpit" we have right now is probably in the Offroad..

To me the best "cockpits" are the Strider and Ifrit ones.. full of nice little touches like an "mp3 player" in function and animated gear lever (ifrit)

Sorry to dig up a really old thread, but since the Helicopter DLC is coming, I thought these issues were once again relevant.

Oh no, Demongod, you ruined my day. I did not know about this, but now that I do I will hate flying that thing :(

Damn. yet another (Copy / Paste / Reuse), didnt notice this.

Not that i spend lot of time in the game.

I just think the (ab)use of (Copy / Paste / Reuse) in this game is starting to get ludicrous.

I still cry inside whenever I look at the cockpit.

Sometimes it's better not knowing the truth.

Yep, I dont know what to say. It is another evidence that BIS is just lazy and not creative..

I know a lot of you were blissfully ignorant to this, but it's no excuse for laziness on BI's end. Those of us who are familiar with the apache have it even worse :P

Hopefully we can see some improvement and creativity for the Helicopters DLC

I can only imagine how hard it is for you, NodUnit haha.

I really liked the Cockpit of the Kajman... until i saw this. It really fits the Kajman, but it was a copy paste of a different system, and simply re used. I can see how this would be practical seeing as Iran has used old US weapons, however, i don't think Iran has had or ever will get it's hands an an Apache Cockpit, other than reverse engineering off some internet files... But it doesn't stop there. The AAF received re textured Arma 2 vehicles (besides my personal favorite Tank the MBT Kuma, AKA "Leopard"), that are actually old tech. The Lynx, AKA, Wildcat, should have stayed where it was, and they should have used a more modern European Medium Helicopter as it's replacement. However, maybe that's what BI intends to do with Expansion, considering they didn't have enough time. Maybe they will replace, or compensate like they did the Opfor Kamaz with the Tempest, to other vehicles. It would make sense to get rid of the most copy and pasted things. I'm mean in my opinion, the 3D model of the Hellcat port just looks terrible. Bottom line, it needs to be handled.

I have absolutely no problem with this. It serves its purpose well.

I find it ridiculous that many of you hate something about you even don't know it existed or even haven't noticed while actually PLAYING AND HAVING FUN with the chopper.

Why is the feeling and illusion of something new so important for you?

Yet you would not mind BIS to copy-paste content from Arma 2...

EDIT:

I completely understand it hurts helicopter enthusiasts but the rest of you that only occasionally play with the chopper? You look like hypocrites. Sorry.

EDIT2: And no I am not a fanboy.

Edited by Bouben

As a civilian i like the Kajman, actually I like all the helos in all the arma :D I don't know Jack about choppers but I guess that's the point, fully understand how Nodunit would feel though.

Gotta be said in real life I look at them a lot differently now though, also listen to them more intently.. Constantly comparing real life to Arma, dangerous territory

Constantly comparing real life to Arma, dangerous territory

Exactly. Play (not investigate) the damn game.

Why is the feeling and illusion of something new so important for you?
Why wouldn't you play OFP instead of Arma 2/3 if «feeling and illusion» of something new doesn't matter to you? :)

Seriously though, it's really weird to see a brand-new russian helicopter with old american cockpit. It leaves us with two explanations: either Russia and US are Best Friends Forever or BI just don't have time/resources (hopefully, for now) to produce high quality and original, non-copypasted content. And I think we all know which explanation is the right one.

Why wouldn't you play OFP instead of Arma 2/3 if «feeling and illusion» of something new doesn't matter to you? :)

Seriously though, it's really weird to see a brand-new russian helicopter with old american cockpit. It leaves us with two explanations: either Russia and US are Best Friends Forever or BI just don't have time/resources (hopefully, for now) to produce high quality and original, non-copypasted content. And I think we all know which explanation is the right one.

The difference between the individual titles in the series are not illusions. There are differences in actual gameplay features and visual technologies.

I would not mind having recycled or completely fictional units again and again if the gameplay was improving with each title. And it is improving.

Also, as I already said, I completely understand that helicopter enthusiasts cry about it but the others looks just like in need of whining just for the principle itself (aka: "I paid money for copy-pasted stuff").

I would not mind having recycled or completely fictional units again and again if the gameplay was improving with each title.
Well, we obviously have different expectations from this series. :)

A bit of grumble: in my personal opinion such view (shared by many players sadly) is driving Arma into yet another generic Battlefield-like shooter with generic rile-like weapons and generic MBT-like tanks. And it's really sad to realize all amazing features of ACE, ACRE and other outstanding mods will never make it to the vanilla version. :(

Well, we obviously have different expectations from this series. :)

A bit of grumble: in my personal opinion such view (shared by many players sadly) is driving Arma to yet another generic Battlefield-like shooter with generic rile-like weapons and generic MBT-like tanks. And it's really sad to realize all amazing features of ACE, ACRE and other outstanding mods will never make it to the vanilla version. :(

How are visuals "driving Arma to yet another generic Battlefield-like shooter"?? :confused:

I thought it is the challenge, gameplay features, complexity, non-linearity and possibilities that make Arma so unique.

Flashpoint is still an unique, challenging and fun game (I finished it few months ago) even when its visual fidelity is nowhere near the actual real-world counterparts (you have to be really forgiving in order to see its models as authentic). And yet here we are, angry and disappointed, talking about a stupid fictional cockpit of a helicopter?

I would still play Flashpoint if it had more features and better gameplay than the other titles in the series. Believe me or not.

The attention to the details (and in this case not a small detail) is what makes a game looks beautiful, from that you can smell the love of the developers working on the game!

To improve your gameplay you dont need to sacrificate the Visuals/Graphic (or vice versa).

I'd say "who the fucks care about the look of the cockpit!" if it was fully functional and usefull or if the FM was good enough to distract me from what is around me. BUT IT ISN'T!

Since they are never going to make a functional cockpit, or improve their FM anytime soon, at least, FFS, an original looking cockpit would have been much appreciated.

Edited by Babylonjoke

The attention to the details (and in this case not a small detail) is what makes a game looks beautiful, from that you can smell the love of the developers working on the game!

To improve your gameplay you dont need to sacrificate the Visuals/Graphic (or vice versa).

I'd say "who the fucks care about the look of the cockpit!" if it was fully functional and usefull or if the FM was good enough to distract me from what is around me. BUT IT ISN'T!

Since they are never going to make a functional cockpit, or improve their FM anytime soon, at least, FFS, an original looking cockpit would have been much appreciated.

Flight model will be improved soon in the upcoming DLC.

Also, again, I was talking about people that even have not noticed it was copy-pasted and then, after they have found out, started to rage about it as if it was a big deal.

I repeat that I understand that helicopter enthusiasts are concerned about it. I just don't understand the rest of the players.

Flight model will be improved soon in the upcoming DLC.

Also, again, I was talking about people that even have not noticed it was copy-pasted and then, after they have found out, started to rage about it as if it was a big deal.

I repeat that I understand that helicopter enthusiasts are concerned about it. I just don't understand the rest of the players.

Maybe it's because the people who didn't notice before had become aware that they'd been slipped. In other words it's like paying for a brand new game, let's use Battlefield Hardline for example, and not getting anything but a re skin of old or the same content (Battlefield 4) in the prevoious game, and features. If you havn't read all the comments on Hardline then well, I guess you'd be more happy with what ever. How ever there are still those who would have preferred for example, a helicopter in Arma 3 quality rather than a re skinned one. (Hellcat) Anyway, we all have our opinions. Some people won't be happy with re skins, and some people won't care, because either it's no big deal, or they hadn't played the previous game to realize what's a re skin and what's not.

Maybe it's because the people who didn't notice before had become aware that they'd been slipped. In other words it's like paying for a brand new game, let's use Battlefield Hardline for example, and not getting anything but a re skin of old or the same content (Battlefield 4) in the prevoious game, and features. If you havn't read all the comments on Hardline then well, I guess you'd be more happy with what ever. How ever there are still those who would have preferred for example, a helicopter in Arma 3 quality rather than a re skinned one. (Hellcat) Anyway, we all have our opinions. Some people won't be happy with re skins, and some people won't care, because either it's no big deal, or they hadn't played the previous game to realize what's a re skin and what's not.

You are talking as if Arma 3 was just a re-skinned Arma 2 without anything new. The Battlefield Hardline is a completely invalid comparison in my opinion.

It's not like if you trample a shit and you don't realize it, then you are fine with it. For a game that was 60 € on steam few weeks ago, even if a cockpit model doesn't "broke up your game", you still have the rights to complain about it.

Edited by Babylonjoke

I feel a bit cheated by BI. There is nothing unique in the game. Arma 2 had so many different little things that made the game awesome. There is such a variety that you cant find in Arma 3. Every vehicle has its perfect balanced counterpart on the other side, and both feel THE SAME. And now you also see that they just used an apache cockpit for a futuristic russian helicopter.

You are talking as if Arma 3 was just a re-skinned Arma 2 without anything new. The Battlefield Hardline is a completely invalid comparison in my opinion.

I think Hardline was too heavy of a comparison to be honest, but it got the point across, i think. That being, Arma 3 is new, with all it's great new features, and improvements over Arma 2, however, the little things, like re skins, and semi cleaned up models of past objects simply brought over, are kind of a rip off. SURE, it's not a big deal, SURE, no ones paying attention to the cockpit of their Buzzard's instruments (ACR L-159 ALCA with fack instrumental panel, with a mirror blue terrain in the background of actual working instruments...), or the exterior of the Hellcat (Wildcat from Arma 2), but there are a few things that just don't look good. It's a simple matter of a cleaning up the kitchen, but leaving behind a few dishes, just because they're clean, but not fully clean. Clean enough in their opinion.

Most people would normally just laugh and go "Oh BIS!". But we found this after having complained at length about all the other copy pasting in Arma3. It was like a poke in the eye.

Sad part is I was ready to give the Kajiman a chance and look past everything else, I was genuinely excited to see what lay in store for the pilot and co pilot seat..a neat combination of various helicopters...who knows what creativity lie inside the beast!

I felt a burst of excitement and curiosity...only for it all to fall flat in one bitter second, ineterest and excitement turned to bitter despair and dismay as I beholden the apache's cockpit.....yeah I'm never letting that one go.