Sign in to follow this  
brainslush

[WIP] AHFM - Advanced Helicopter Flight Model

vrs is there and is bad, I will ad an option to disable it as I believe most users will find it too difficult.

also I partially fixed the velocity problem, there are more issues that I initially thought, the original model aerodynamics might have to be tweaked.

Also the flight until setVelocityModelSpace and setRotationModel are implemented, managing vehicle physics from script is very limited, I hope they add this soon...

I think Gatordev is trying to say that the aircraft does not get into VRS naturally. In over twenty years of helicopter flying I only got into VRS once, and that was in flight school where the instructor pilot was demonstrating it. It is a function of the atmospheric conditions as much as the aerodynamics of the rotorcraft.

Most modern software driven rotorcraft (like MV-22B) will either not let you get there or "B*tch'in Betty" will calmly inform you repeatedly that you are trying to fly the aircraft into the condition. Since ARMA III is suppose to be future tech driven ...

Edited by Yasotay

Word. Although our Bitchin' Betty tells us to pull up in a hover.

in our unit we have a custom ch-146 griffon, using a TOH model and it works great!

in our unit we have a custom ch-146 griffon, using a TOH model and it works great!

TOH 3d model? Or TOH Flight Model?

This looks very interesting.

It will(for the servers that use it)sort out the pilots from the wannabe's

And keep my feet firmly planted on the dirt for a while at least.

[QUO

TOH 3d model? Or TOH Flight Model?

Yes... This? If you have TOH flight model please share!

well it is a TOH 3D model with some of the compatible sources like gauges and such, things like the flight mechanics are still arma 3 because at the moment it is a little difficult to change flight mechanics with out the official tools from BIS, but it was made by a member of our unit with permission from the TOH guys so im not sure hes ready to release it publicly

Oh, ok thanks. 3D model is not what interests me anyway.

Hello, are there any news about this mod? It`s very promising and needed in Arma 3

Sorry that I haven't posted for a while.

I haven't spent much time lately to develop AHFM, which is mainly because I spent much time for my bachelor thesis and as you may have noticed I'm also engaged with the development of another addon http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169411-Realistic-Wounding-System-RWS

Another reason is that I won't continue until BIS releases some proper commands which are necessary to get physically correct results. I know that there are other scripts/addons which tried to tackle this task but all their solutions are work-arrounds and no "real" solutions.

I had a chat with Fred64 who developed HTR for FSX and we both agree that neither of us can continue developing unless BIS releases new commands.

So far and more when I either find a way to get proper results or BIS releases new commands.

Very saddening to hear, I hope at some point in future such a command is released but by this point there is no reason to cross any fingers.

Sorry that I haven't posted for a while.

I haven't spent much time lately to develop AHFM, which is mainly because I spent much time for my bachelor thesis and as you may have noticed I'm also engaged with the development of another addon http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169411-Realistic-Wounding-System-RWS

Another reason is that I won't continue until BIS releases some proper commands which are necessary to get physically correct results. I know that there are other scripts/addons which tried to tackle this task but all their solutions are work-arrounds and no "real" solutions.

I had a chat with Fred64 who developed HTR for FSX and we both agree that neither of us can continue developing unless BIS releases new commands.

So far and more when I either find a way to get proper results or BIS releases new commands.

Have you PM'd Dwarden or other DEVs as to the commands you need ?

A PM wouldn't be the same as something on the feedback tracker.