Sign in to follow this  
Z-Nine

Sudden "crash" to desktop, but the game is still running.

Recently, as of the full release of the game, while playing ArmA 3 it will randomly and suddenly exit to my desktop. No error messages and super quick. The only kicker is that ArmA3.exe is still showing up under my processes and is using the same amount of memory as it was when my game was running. This leads me to believe this might be something similar to ArmA 2 where the screen would go black, but you could hold left shift and press minus and type flush to help with the VRAM and everything would be A OK again.

Does this sound right to anyone else? It's a shot in the dark, but the game is most (assumingly) definitely still running missions as the ram and cpu usage still fluctuates with the program.

If this is the case, would it be possible to still run flush, or am I totally in the wrong category of what the problem could be?

Edited by NuclearDruid

I'm suddenly getting the same issue as well. It started tonight. I was playing the Night showcase and suddenly I was staring at the desktop and the game icon was showing on the task bar and the game was still running (I could here in game sound and shots fired when I pressed my mouse button). The mouse cursor looked like an in-game menu mouse cursor anywhere on the desktop except the task bar where it showed as the normal windows cursor. The only way to recover my system is ctrl+alt+del, screen goes black, then esc, desk top comes back then ctrl+alt+del to get to task manager where by that time, Arma 3 has stopped responding. I then end the Arma 3 task in task manager.

Since it started, I can't even launch a mission anymore - it is now doing it in the game menu. This happens with both today's development build (EXE rev. 110181) and when I revert back to the non-development build.

The game has suddenly become completely unplayable for me and I have not made any recent system changes.

HELP!

Edited by KaBoNG

Update: In my case it was a bad video card. I recently upgraded to an Nvidia GTX 760, which worked fine for about a week and a half before the problems started. Exchanged the card for a new one and the crashing has stopped.

Hello,

maybe you have some special tools running in the backround. speciala MSI Afterburner the OSD will not work properly with Arma, i have to disable this too. whitout i have no back to desktops.

hope that helps

Maxon