Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

Tanks still won't backup!!

With the latest build installed,They just spin around in circles or creep at a very slow pace...that's if they backup at all!!WTF:mad:

I've always felt that the driver commands have been not quite right. Correct e if I'm wrong but I thought that if the tank commander said go in a direction the driver would do it, trusting that the commander can see.

Stopping for bushes, rocks and going slow when you can't see is ok when you've just given a way-point to the driver but if i give him a command to go in a direction i expect him to drive in that direction till i tell him to stop!

Sadly though its always the same.

An AI tank driver with a player commander should just act as if the player would drive by himself (when pressing the movement keys). When clicking on the map, the driver AI driver should make his own dicisions.

It's really annoying how the AI driver fumbles around, refuses, does not move, slows down. In narrow areas the player often has to switch to the driver position and do it by himself.

Yeah I had to go rescue a MBT yesterday during a session of BECTI. The only way I could get the tank unstuck from wedging itself in between 2 barriers at the Airport on Altis. A human could have easily backed straight out. My only solution was to "Unflip" it until it worked itself out.. Huge imersion killer and complete waste of game time. The AI pathing is pretty wacked, remindes me of when A2 first came out.