Sign in to follow this  
daringd

So, is anyone interested in helping me set out towns and villages on my terrain?

Some of you may remember my ambitious attempt to create a bloody big map for the release of the DayZ SA, and as so fsr, the terrain is mostly complete, with but a few problems left that will only rear their heads once someone has the tome to alpha test the island.... Now what i really need is some one (or some few) who would like to help me set out towns and villages on the map. The basic idea will be that I will send the V3 files to anyone interested, decide who is goig to do what areas and then get on iwth it, and combine the resalts at a later date into one awesome map....

I will of course share credit and fully "big up" whoever wishes to help me out with this, I have been on other projects for a while now, and I am eager to back into this and get it finished once and for all, but looking at it with a critical eye, I can not heklp but feel that the task in huge for one dude on his own.

Anyone interested, just let me know, and we can take it "off board" and have a chat about it

you can find my work so far here

Daring

cool... just at work, I@ll PM you later, we can figure it out over the next few days! thanks

D

Sa doesnt do addons , I dont get it ?

Thats the whole basis of its anticheat along with thenetwork change , you sure you not talking about a private dayz Sa ? Im confused especiallyas yabloody b7g map is only 16km ×16km ?

You're right in part Sealife.

Rocket did say that on release they would not be supporting addons but that over time they will open things up and begin to accept the user created content in terms of maps and possibly other things, when that will happen is anyone's guess, but it doesn't stop people working on these things in the meantime. And yes, though my map is meagre 16k x 16k it feels like a bloody big map when you're doing it by yourself!

I feel that i do need to clear this issue up before any more confusion:

it may seem a waste of time laying out villages and towns, but it means I can get the map released and in use, begin getting feedback and fix issues,bugs, all that stuff, when the DayZ SA is released, I am certain it will be possible to do an object replace script that will replace the buildings with the new updated buildings with interiors, so i am not so worried about that side of things, and if they never allow addons because Rocket throws his toys out of the pram, then that's also OK, I will have tried, and still have created something, and maybe people will want to adapt it for use with other addons for ARMA2, and it wouldn't be a giant leap to port it to ARMA 3 too, since I have all of the data ready made for creating a map such as hieght maps and sat maps and so on... DayZ SA was my original aim, but whatever. lets see what happens.

Anyone who has a problem with this... er... well, I'll tell my mom!

D

I've got a couple of people who have now begun the process of checking out the map with a view to helping me complete it, so I guess from now on I should start referring to the 'team' and start using 'we' instead of 'I' too.

We are still looking for anyone keen to help out with this project, the more of us there are working on it, the better. I have set up a Facebook group (private group) because it will be an easy place for people to check, where we can update each other on things like which area we are working on (so we don't end up working in the same spot) posting pictures of the areas we have laid, problems and whetever else we feel.

If anyone is interested in helping, you can still send me a message here, or alternatively you can request to join the facebook WIP group, there will be a link in there to the location of all the files you need to begin working on the island.

Thank you to anyone who decides to help in advance!

the link to the facebook group is here

D