Sign in to follow this  
anthonyfromtheuk

Spawn enemy group that knows player position and hunts them down.

Hi, I have searched around but can't quite find what I want. What I would like is an enemy group to spawn that knows the player position and will actively hunt the player. can anybody explain how to do this or point me in the right direction of something similar I may be able to use? Thank you

Or even just an enemy group that will follow set waypoints and despawn once they have searched

Edited by Anthonyfromtheuk
That would also be useful to know :D

Hmm nevermind guess i'll just learn how to spawn a group and get them to search waypoints and despawn them after, back to searching!

Instead of creating the waypoint and setting all its properties, just spawn the group and use this command on them:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/move

If you want them to hunt down the enemy, try this:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCombatMode

That command probably works well with 'reveal' to make them go after a known enemy. A seek and destroy waypoint only makes them search in a small radius around the waypoint position and then stop and do nothing.

while { {alive _x} count (units groupOne) >= 1 } do {
   groupOne move (position player);
   sleep 30;
};

As many suggested, repeatedly setting the current waypoint to the player position is the most reliable solution.

This is what I ended up using, works really well for my needs

if (!isServer) exitwith {};
_side = createCenter west;
_GroupSquad1 = [getMarkerPos "Group", _side, ["o_soldier_TL_F", 

"O_soldier_AA_F", "o_soldier_AA_F", "o_soldier_AA_F"], [], [], 

[0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
_waypoint1 = _GroupSquad1 addWaypoint [(getPosATL player),2];
       sleep 10;    
_waypoint1 setWaypointType "MOVE";
_waypoint1 setWaypointStatements ["true", ""];  

They spawn and then then hunt me down quite nicely (I know it is side west with eastern troops need to find classnames for bluefor)

Now I want to be able to despawn them via a trigger.

Code I was using before which worked perfect for an individual unit of which I knew its name (I am under the assumption this will work even if he is in a car)

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew unit1); deleteVehicle unit1;

but if I replace unit1 with groupsquad1 nothing happens how can I despawn this group I have spawned in?

On a side note could I use group names and spawn a whole group instead of individual units with the same code? (again need to find classnames ,so I haven't tried this yet)

That's because the BIS_fnc_spawnGroup returns a group, not a signle unit. (According to your code, at least.) To "delete" all members of a group simple use:

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach units _groupsquad1;

That's because the BIS_fnc_spawnGroup returns a group, not a signle unit. (According to your code, at least.) To "delete" all members of a group simple use:

Thanks Again IndeedPete, you are helpful :D

Ah wait I get an error. Local variable in globalspace. ???

_side = createCenter EAST; // if you already have opfor on the map you dont need this.
GroupSquad1 = [getMarkerPos "Group", _side, ["o_soldier_TL_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "o_soldier_AA_F", "o_soldier_AA_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

_waypoint1 = GroupSquad1 addWaypoint [(getPos player),2];

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach units groupsquad1;

local = _groupSquad1

global = groupSquad1

Another method would be:

_side = createCenter EAST; // if you already have opfor on the map you dont need this.
_groupSquad1 = [getMarkerPos "Group", _side, ["o_soldier_TL_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "o_soldier_AA_F", "o_soldier_AA_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
_leader = leader _groupSquad1;

_waypoint1 = _groupSquad1 addWaypoint [(getPos player),2];

waitUntil { { alive _x} count (units _groupSquad1) == 0 or player distance _leader > 500};

deleteGroup _groupSquad1;

Edited by cobra4v320