Sign in to follow this  
jinzor

European Union (Fictional - ArmA III Setting)

This mod looks interesting, but I think a European corps as a single entity won't exist not for a long time, but I think the European gendarmerie force , Eurogenfor is a much darker scarier thing for a mod,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Gendarmerie_Force

In Athrns I have a lot of radical friends who all have different theories of how the EU would try to put martial law on Greece, it's all paranoia but it makes an interesting story, and as Arma3 is set in Greece it would be well suited, here is my pitch for a mod story with 3/4 factions...

Greece'so economy further stalls, and with crime and civil disorder rising with a coalition government can't enforce any new laws. Far right and far left terrorism begins to rise, nationalist militias begin to grow, forming large training camps, setting up road blocks in rural areas and sine cities journalists begin to disappear, police seems to lack resources or are in league with nationalist militants.

Coalition government decides to 'invite' Eurogenfor unto Greece to assist in stability, this causes an uproar in the armed forces as a humiliation, who attempt a factionalised unsuccessful coup. In Thessonsliki and Athens, rival groups the communists and anarchists set up barricades, occupy government buildings with greater violence than usual, the police openly invite help from the nationslist far right groups to restore order, four days of street fighting and riots leave 300 dead and several thousand injured, the government allows Eurogenfor to intervene.

Once arrived Eurogenfor begin combat operations they are not controlled by the Geneva control as thry are genderme police not soldiers. This means they are ruthless and bloody.

Arma 3's Altis isn't a part of Greece. It used to be Limnos, which is an island of Greece, but they turned it into its own country after the whole fiasco during Fall 2012.

Re camouflage: I don't like the FELIN pattern, it looks so.... 80's.

Instead I'd use some pattern similar to the finnish m05 and the russian yeger. They're really effective even when you're literally meters away from a person.

Gonna see something real soon (not ingame, though).

Arma 3's Altis isn't a part of Greece. It used to be Limnos, which is an island of Greece, but they turned it into its own country after the whole fiasco during Fall 2012.

Atkins/Limnos is Greek, the Islands look Greek and I'm pretty sure the locals speak Greek and eat feta cheese!

Atkins/Limnos is Greek, the Islands look Greek and I'm pretty sure the locals speak Greek and eat feta cheese!

Miraoister, Antoine means inside the Armaverse. Altians speak Greek, but are supposed to be an independent country ( like Cyprus, that has greek speaking population but is an independent country, a bit messed up but that's another story ).

I haven't updated the thread in 2 months, but I've been working on it on and off due to sudden university work that needed doing some times, like right now (uni ends in early May). So far I only have the new vest and helmet models completed (and, obviously, the IND main clothes texture... I'd use my own model, but for now, I think theirs is good enough). I need to UV and texture them (doing this in Maya, will import into Oxygen later; reason why I'm doing it in Maya is, since my university course requires me to learn Maya, I might as well learn how to use it while modelling stuff for ArmA III. I've seen and heard that there are ways to import from Maya as well).

I'm now finishing off the first weapon for them with the help of other weapon modder's guidance. I knew it was never going to be easy to make a faction, I had experience working on BF2142 mods before ArmA III and trying to work on the art assets for that North American Coalition faction for Northern Excursion was hard enough.

Once I get them UV'd and textured, I'll show them here. When I get them into the game, I'll make a video showcasing them.

I haven't updated the thread in 2 months, but I've been working on it on and off due to sudden university work that needed doing some times, like right now (uni ends in early May). So far I only have the new vest and helmet models completed (and, obviously, the IND main clothes texture... I'd use my own model, but for now, I think theirs is good enough). I need to UV and texture them (doing this in Maya, will import into Oxygen later; reason why I'm doing it in Maya is, since my university course requires me to learn Maya, I might as well learn how to use it while modelling stuff for ArmA III. I've seen and heard that there are ways to import from Maya as well).

I'm now finishing off the first weapon for them with the help of other weapon modder's guidance. I knew it was never going to be easy to make a faction, I had experience working on BF2142 mods before ArmA III and trying to work on the art assets for that North American Coalition faction for Northern Excursion was hard enough.

I could help with texturing, and I have a good tileable clean M90 pattern.

I'm kinda reviving the question of the Balkan nations, but I think that since I actually live there since I was born, I should contribute. OK so, I have been a citizen on Yugoslavia, after that fell apart I lived in Croatia, then moved to Bosnia. Croatia has so far complete support for NATO and the EU, it has been a member of the EU since '13. Then there's Bosnia, well it's, "interesting" shall we say....It's divided into three parts, the Brcko District (DB), Serbia Republic (RS) and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). OK, so Brcko has a soft side for supporting RS, while BiH is applying for joining the EU since it was first official back in '05. They are currently in the process of fixing the country so they can join. Since the Bosnian war , combatants are : Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, NATO (primarily Italy, the UK and the US), Bosnia has been supporting NATO and the West because without the US and UK launching bomb raids at Belgrade ( Serbian Capital) the war would be lost to the Serbs. Now the situation is going downhill for Bosnia, quick. The Serbs apparently want another war, so let's presume that the war happened in the 2020's and that with US and NATO support Bosnia won. So it and Croatia, which also most probably had a role in the war, should probably be with EUFOR. Even more so when you consider that most EU and UN veterans still remember all the good kebab stores around here...

If you wish to read up even more here's a link with some info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

So, is this going to be BLUFOR or INDEPENDENT? Because, looking and the Europe 2035 map for Arma 3, I'd think that maybe these countries could make up this European Union army that is estranged from but still influenced by NATO:

Spain

Portugal

Austria

Czech Republic

Slovenia

Croatia

Bosnia

Albania

Hungary

Romania

Macedonia

If you'd want to do some enemies for them, you could do these who are supposed to be influenced by Russia:

Finland

Estonia

Latvia

Lithuania

Poland

Slovakia

Moldova

Serbia

Bulgaria

LoL :D. As you maybe know we - Czech and Slovakia have been one nation for some time. It's not very likely that Czech will join one side and Slovakia will join an opposite side. So please don't separate us and bring our nations to one side of conflict even if you want us to be Eastern side - your European fictional enemies. :D

I'm kinda reviving the question of the Balkan nations, but I think that since I actually live there since I was born, I should contribute. OK so, I have been a citizen on Yugoslavia, after that fell apart I lived in Croatia, then moved to Bosnia. Croatia has so far complete support for NATO and the EU, it has been a member of the EU since '13. Then there's Bosnia, well it's, "interesting" shall we say....It's divided into three parts, the Brcko District (DB), Serbia Republic (RS) and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). OK, so Brcko has a soft side for supporting RS, while BiH is applying for joining the EU since it was first official back in '05. They are currently in the process of fixing the country so they can join. Since the Bosnian war , combatants are : Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, NATO (primarily Italy, the UK and the US), Bosnia has been supporting NATO and the West because without the US and UK launching bomb raids at Belgrade ( Serbian Capital) the war would be lost to the Serbs. Now the situation is going downhill for Bosnia, quick. The Serbs apparently want another war, so let's presume that the war happened in the 2020's and that with US and NATO support Bosnia won. So it and Croatia, which also most probably had a role in the war, should probably be with EUFOR. Even more so when you consider that most EU and UN veterans still remember all the good kebab stores around here...

If you wish to read up even more here's a link with some info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

The war wasn't either won or lost, it was a 3 way tie. And Bosnia also battled Croatia, not just Serbia.

Uh oh. New war on the Balkans would be a complicated thingy. However, if that's going to be the story, I can tell some info:

Bosnia is heavy separated country. It has, as mentioned ^^, separated population.

These are:

- Federation of Bosnia-Herzegovina, people that see themselves as independent country and real nation

- Herzegovina, croatian population that would prefer Western Bosnia to join Republic of Croatia (or be independent)

- Republic of Srpska Krajina, serbian population that would prefer Eastern Bosnia to join Republic of Serbia (or be independent)

Such as war, whoever started it, would be a fucked up thing. All the three sides would have their own interests, fighting each other. Serbian and Croatian Armed Forces would make an immideate intervention, supporting their sides, while Federation of BiH would be completely ruined and it would lost a war in first few months or even less. Let's not talk about that if Serbia and Croatia was cooperating, separating Bosnia for their own interests. Croatia is not interested in eastern Bosnia, and Serbia is not interested in western Bosnia. That makes an good alliance and compromise. I dont know, I just dont see a funny story in all of that, unless there are more Muslim supporters coming from Albania, Kosovo, Turkey, etc. fighting for Bosnian Federation, which would make the war a bit more interesting (and harder from Serbo-Croatian perspective).

Edited by DegmanCRO

I'm neither from the UK nor a total expert in kind of economics and politics in the UK, but there are three issues in the UK that we hear about constantly in german media: 1. unemployment rate, families scratching the poverty line 2. anti-EU politics and 3. immigration from poor, mostly mid-eastern/eastern countries

To number 1: Uneployed and poor people are unhappy, so they search the mistake somewhere else (the EU, the politics, immigration). If they fall for the stuff like "If we wouldn't be in the EU we would have such a wonderful life and would sleep on beds made of money", they might vote against or in general dislike the EU.

To number 2: The recent anti-EU politics will certainly have an impact, but I remember reading some articles about how the UK wants to leave the EU around 2 years ago. So I guess if they could they'd leave the EU, but it isn't an easy and quick decision.

To number 3: I experience here in my area daily, we have parts of cities which are nearly completely "in the hand" of Turks, Lebanese, Arabs and more, and the general political view there can you describe as "pure Anti-West, supportive of 'underdog countries', which fits their religion etc. (ex. Palestine)". Since these parts of the community vote too, and give the general view a heavy influence, I'd say this is also a factor for the UK not being a leading role in a EU-Forces future setting.

All three points basically speak for the UK being either a non EU-member or at least a not-leading role in the short distant future.

As a British Citizen who firmly supports European Integration and Federalization I say to you don't believe everything you hear on the news...

Sad opinion that.

Britain is in the Armaverse already part of NATO, so it would be pointless to make them as a separate faction. I think Germany is most likely to have the last word in the EU (as it has now), and in regards to the french FELIN system - I think mostly German equipment should be a part of the mod (or make a fictional equipment similar to french, but with German camo and what not).

As an Armenian-American, what about little quasi-European Armenia? Looped into CSAT, most likely.

Armenia is doing a common project with Serbia on its "Future Warrior" equipment. Our mod is making that so it cooperation could be possible.

And it's under Russian influence in the Armaverse.

Edited by aleksadragutin

Not to discourage anyone but, the author's last message dates to April.

Armenia is doing a common project with Serbia on its "Future Warrior" equipment. Our mod is making that so it cooperation could be possible.

And it's under Russian influence in the Armaverse.

I was planning to try and do an AFA mod, mostly because I haven't seen one for A3 yet. Also because there are like, five Armenians total.

There was an A2 one. That was pretty good.

As someone who feels more allegiance to the EU than to the UK i may take up this mantle myself. I'm a pretty good mod maker and would certainly be sticking to the Leopard Revolution as an MBT (With interiors like my Abrams ofcourse :p)

btw I have no problem with Germany/France having the biggest say in the EU. My dream is for Scotland and Wales (my country) to devolve from the UK and become EU members in their own right.

btw I have no problem with Germany/France having the biggest say in the EU. My dream is for Scotland and Wales (my country) to devolve from the UK and become EU members in their own right.

I hope this will eventually happen ( with Catalonia, Euskadi, Lombardy, Veneto and Flanders and maybe Ã…land ).

Edited by MistyRonin

The war wasn't either won or lost, it was a 3 way tie. And Bosnia also battled Croatia, not just Serbia.

Pretty sure I wrote about the conflict with HVO...Well shit...

Is this project still functional?Really great if there's a Endwar mod.