Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

This game is amazing

Well, 11 hours with the game since the day of release. I am dissapointed that the campaign wasn't there at start aswell that there isn't enough content in editor. ARMA 2 was much better in that aspect! But that's not a big deal for me if something will be done about it. Unfortunately the game gets bad reviews on metacritic because of that! From what I have experienced with the game so far though this is the best ARMA game since Cold War Assault. The missions I have played have that awesome feeling and the music is just amazing and reminds me of Cold War Assault. There are some things that I don't like which have to do with the complexity of the game. Certain aspects are Lentonized and I don't like that! But the game run very well. I can play it on high settings and its smoother than in ARMA 2. I play at Veteran difficulty with Cold War Assault theme. I'm looking at my broken copy of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising right now and I realize that the game was worth every cent in the end of the day...because that game introduced me to ARMA franchise!

Very well done BIS!

But get more content in the map editor asap! Very important in my opinion!

There hasn't been an amazing campaign since OFP. Arma1's was awful. Arma2's wasn't much better. If you really want great campaigns give OFP:CWC, Resistance, & Redhammer a try. That was back when BI didn't have the community so involved with missions & modding yet. They did, but not to the degree of today. They had no idea how it was going to play out initially, so they had to dazzle us with great campaigns, good islands and alot of vanilla content. And they were great. They were unreal.

There hasn't been an amazing campaign since OFP. Arma1's was awful. Arma2's wasn't much better. If you really want great campaigns give OFP:CWC, Resistance, & Redhammer a try. That was back when BI didn't have the community so involved with missions & modding yet. They did, but not to the degree of today. They had no idea how it was going to play out initially, so they had to dazzle us with great campaigns, good islands and alot of vanilla content. And they were great. They were unreal.

The nostalgia...those were the times...good old times...

oooo don't recommend Red Hammer, that was atrocious (and made by Codemasters I heard). Resistance and CWC however were simply masterpieces.

oooo don't recommend Red Hammer, that was atrocious (and made by Codemasters I heard). Resistance and CWC however were simply masterpieces.

It was still decent. And still better than any other official campaign from A1 & A2. Redhammer was essentially the same campaign as CWC except the player played through on the soviet side =)

It was still decent. And still better than any other official campaign from A1 & A2. Redhammer was essentially the same campaign as CWC except the player played through on the soviet side =)

I'll give you that, but my strongest memory from Red Hammer was lots of long, awkard pauses in the dialogue :p

Also highly enjoying this game overall. I think part of it is just that I saved the majority of everything till now so i'm still pretty amazed by the content we do have. For instance, I've never messed around with any drones or UAV so the Drone showcase was just awesome for me. Great music, cool night lighting when I found the UAV Controller, and lots of fun actually using the UAV/Quadrotor.

Armed Assault, nicely paced mission and was really surprised and impressed with the vehicle which came out and pushed the stalled truck - I like witnessing PhysX in action like that. :)

Music, lighting, Altis, animations, stances, scopes (ability to switch from CQB/long range), radio protocol, CQB AI, sky -are all things that have me very excited for this game.

FAKs, too quick prone rotation, mid range textures, neglect of AI working indoors, and vague feeling of who these factions are - the negatives.

For me the positives far outweigh the negatives and I too find the game: Amazing.

For me the positives far outweigh the negatives and I too find the game: Amazing.

I agree. I won't let a missing bicycle, jets, Arma AI & FAKS get me down =P.

I'd be lying if I said that it was perfect in every conceivable way, but it still manages to be deeply satisfying in spite of it's quirks :D

It's also comforting to know that Arma falls into the "fine wine" of PC games category and only gets better with age, I wish all PC game developers were as mod friendly as BIS.

Anyway, I got my $32 worth a long time ago, I almost feel guilty for not paying more.

Music, lighting, Altis, animations, stances, scopes (ability to switch from CQB/long range), radio protocol, CQB AI, sky -are all things that have me very excited for this game.

Mines, you are forgetting the mines, Bouncing Betty's is really nasty ;)

A3 have some really good stuff and I'm enjoying it as well (in SP) but there is lots of things still to do for them and I'm sure they will deliver but it won't happen over night.

Really like the new lighting system instead of A2's "HDR frenzy", dawn, dusk and nights with light looks awesome! I recommend you to try gammadust's TimeXleration addon to experience the complete day/night cycle with various weather.

/KC

Yeah all an all some stuff that I'm not happy about, some are out of my hands an is well like ArmA1 an ArmA2 just needs more time. And yes OFPCWC man many many memories running for my life from at the time seemed like the whole Russian army was after me have yet to experience that again from BI or any other game for that matter. Have u tried CWR'd?

Altis makes ArmA 3 amazing. And when you think the sacrifice two guys (Ivan&Martin) had to make. Just... hands down.

There is one thing that i don't get, the official release version is older (weeks) than the developers build one day before release. So if u want to see an updated AI, fully CQB capable, more humanlike shooting (not the 1-bullet-in-the-head killermachines, they also struggle with recoil and larger distances now) and better tweaked PhysX, go for the dev build today. BI anounced that the DEV build will have a patch today, where all these features come back into the game.

For everyone who is asking: Yes, I have played CWC including all its expansions.

"Lentonized"

lol

I agree, it finally has started to come together. The missing parts are by a good margin not as bitter as the broken parts the game had before.

Just wanted to sincerely thank everyone at Bohemia for ArmA 3, it gives me goose bumps and then some, well done!

The missing parts are by a good margin not as bitter as the broken parts the game had before.

Exactly, Arma 2 was downright broken on release, it was unplayable and nonfunctional on most PCs, crashing all too frequently and running shockingly badly. Nobody I talked to was managing more than 15 fps on low, it was just silly. It got patched a heck of a lot, and Operation Arrowhead was when it really started to run decently, and eventually got to be ok. Compared to the polish of Arma 3's launch, I'm seriously impressed by this, the changes in functionality between A2 and A3 were major, and yet we haven't ended up with a huge buggy mess but rather a working game, albeit slightly low on content.

But that's ok, content can easily be added, optimization and bug fixing is far harder and less likely.

Arma 3 is one big sandbox of fun. They've given us a whole lot of toys to play with in any way we want (be it solo or with friends) and unlocked great easy to use tools for the community to throw together any scenario they can conceive. The Steam Workshop already has some pretty sweet content up there, something I really want to explore more(I just need to quit my job). Always impressed with the amount of time an effort folks from the Arma community invest into creating levels and experiences. I'm totally fine with model they've gone with, releasing in Alpha, Beta and now 'full' release giving themselves time to put together a decent campaign while still giving us access to the diverse interesting multiplayer and massive sandbox and toolset. Who said Arma is a fine wine just now? I'll drink to that (although I don't drink, but you get the idea)

Oh lookie, not another "how bad is arma 3" thread? ;)

i'm playing arma 3 from alpha, i'm following the progress from there, reading all the spot/sitreps, so i knew, there won't be campaign and few jets at release. This didn't made me any butthurt, since i know, they will be added for free later. I also played arma 2 at release date, and arma 3 is even better then patched arma 2 2013 version. So yes, i'm enjoying arma 3 pretty much. Lately there are more and more creative missions coming. Tired of shooting? Then get altis rally mission, and feel a different arma. Wanna know, what arma 3 is about? Try Road To Redemption mission, if you like comman and tactics missions. Wanna be a sniper with a buddy? Try snipers in action mission. Want awesome guerilla, stealth coop mission? Try Werewolves, really nicely done mission.

There are really lots of awesome missions to toy with. If you take some time, and learn some basic mission editing, you can create all the missions you want. Just need to be creative!

Arma 3 is just a different kind of game, which some mistakenly compare with Battlefield, or even with CoD lol. Not saysing, this games are worse, or better. They are just different, with their pros and contras. But Arma offers you that, what bf and cod or many other games can't offer - freedom!