dezkit

How do I port FSX planes to ArmA 3?

I have seen people do this, and I don't know where to start.

I won't be trying to port airplanes made by Microsoft. I want to port a freeware airplane made by a company that has a license granting privilege of porting the airplane to any other game.

Thanks.

Edited by dezkit

I have bought the legal version of FSX downloaded and legally have the rights to alter the files.

Thank you!

Uhm, I don't think it's that easy.....

You cannot simply take a model out of a game you bought and port that into another game.

Well, you bought the game. But you more or less only bought a license to play this game, not the digital contents of the game

You cannot simply take a model out of a game you bought and port that into another game.

Well, you bought the game. But you more or less only bought a license to play this game, not the digital contents of the game

Just stop being in this thread. I edited the OP to suit your 10 year old needs.

Edited by dezkit

I didn't make this fucking thread to discuss the legal aspect of it. Why don't you get out of this thread already.

And you expect to get answers out of anybody with a attitude like that? Just wow bro (round of applause)

I know how to do it, I have do it with a model I made for FSX, but with that attitude, I'm sorry you won't get any tip from me.

Just stop being in this thread. I edited the OP to suit your 10 year old needs.

No. Just, no.

The post you made now, and the one you made before, are as different as night and day. Converting freeware is another thing than converting payware. Simple as that.

And I give Tisor some cookies, because he is right.

With that attitude, no one will tell you how to convert a plane.

Oh, and I stay as long in here as I want.

Dol wit et.

user1204_pic41353_134jyyjo.gif

Step 1 - get permission granted from original author of model.

Step 2 - get useable file format from author

Step 3 - come back with a better attitude and maybe we'll help.

Gnat;2505063']Step 1 - get permission granted from original author of model.

Step 2 - get useable file format from author

Step 3 - come back with a better attitude and maybe we'll help.

^^

you have to show some respect for OTHER peoples work, now if you want to ask some open source people i would try flightgear.org but i am pretty sure you will have to ask there out of policy and respect. :)

Porting from FSX is practically easy, if you have done it several times (with permission from the author), once the author gives you permission, this is where it can go hard or easy, depending on the type of model format they send to you to use... most file formats can be converted, but through several steps, most you gotta search up for hours to get the right ones that convert to the right format then convert that format to the type you want or etc...

sometimes when converting formats you lose important information, (ex: textures, texture positions, bone names (some games dont require to name each bone or animation properly or can get lost in conversion), sometimes randomly points get deleted due to some type of error so model may not come out the way it was presented),

but i agree with everyone above, you must bring respect to receive respect to oneself... you gotta be patient with people cause some may not know and might try to point you in the right direction.... it happens alot, little hints can go a long way...

when you do get the type of model format... try to look up for converting programs (most likely no one knows it, so you must research your self to find it, its what i had to do alot of the times), then from there if you know modeling its easy... if not you can look for help

best of luck