Sign in to follow this  
Qosmius

Arma 3, you could have achieved so much!

well...this is my final post, since i will be leaving this forum and deinstalling this game...and my end thoughts on this game is just, well i am sad that bohemia could not pull off any better than they have done.

i had my hopes really high since arma 1 and arma 2 was fairly good..only thing that was holding back those two games was performance, body armor system and armor systems.. but i see that nothing of that has improved in arma 3.

i am yet further dissapointed in the developers of this game, why do we never get any serious answers on the critical things. why is not body armor implemented? why is not tank armor properly implemented? they just never answer on these things, give out warnings to ppls who ask for these things and say make a ticket about this etc etc..

one of the tickets we had which had over 1000 positive thumbs and 2-3 negative which was performance issue, has still not been resolved. Arma 3 was not ready for release and should have waited atleast 1 or 2 more months...sure they have a deadline to meet, but the game is dead at the line for me.

it feels to me that developers have been sloppy at making this game, copy and paste turrets and gear which i will not go further into and poor remodelings from arma 2.

they just gave us better animations for infantry and a bit improved gfx enhancment.

hey this post is probably going to be blocked before anyone can say anything, and i bet there will be alot of blind users who thinks this game is perfect...

but since i have been here since arma 1...i know that this thing should not be allowed to call itself for arma 3..

cheers dev team, i have been supporting you for over 7 years now? but this sealed the deal, i am dissapointed and i will not buy anymore products from you.

bye bye

Really, how many more threads do you need to convince yourself that you don't like the game... stop hogging for attention and do the mature thing, leave quietly if you want to, write your reviews on your own sites, but this unconstructive black/white painting and bashing is getting nobody nowhere. I am hearing good things about the game from my non arma veteran friends, and everybody who is complaining is the arma vets. I am beginning to notice a pattern, quite frankly.

yes....the arma vets knows that they have wasted theyr money on this product which has nothing to do here in the arma universe. it is good that newcomers like the game for sure, but they are blind, they do not know about previous arma games and that they are pretty much being tricked by bohemia

yes....the arma vets knows that they have wasted theyr money on this product which has nothing to do here in the arma universe. it is good that newcomers like the game for sure, but they are blind, they do not know about previous arma games and that they are pretty much being tricked by bohemia

You are so full of...

You mean the previous arma games which, aside from OFP were overambitious train wrecks done with too few people and too little time with unreachable goals and little to no quality control up to the release of Arrowhead? Games terribly buggy and underperforming at release, with broken missions, half-implemented or downright broken content, or content that even the dev team themselves had little understanding of (re AI)? Games that even today have parts that are nonfunctional due to cross-contamination with bugs as patches were made, or that even after those patches have content holes that never were addressed (such as the loose ends in manhattan or the final Harvest Red mission, or the wrong voiceovers in Queens Gambit?)?

The previous arma games that have, up until now, seen virtually -zero- changes in UI and controls? Nevermind that they used completely outdated animation systems, a systems in fact that were on the verge of obsoletion in 2001 when the first part was released!

The previous Arma games were saved by mods, in and of themselves they were hardly enjoyable. I as a veteran had trouble enjoying them until mods came out.

This one can stand on its own. Your near religious rethoric (calling new users "blind" because they can't enjoy a rubbish game that almost ruined a brilliant concept twice after proving it worked with the first game, and that they are being "tricked" by Bohemia because BI is finally learning to cut the fat and not release things that are clearly broken.) is frankly annoying and insulting. Just because you, over years of habituation have learned to look past all the flaws of the game and enjoy the concept doesn't mean that everybody else has the will or even need anymore to put up with the shitty game to get at the brillian concept, and just get with it from the start, because the basics are largely working now!

Like I said before, what many oldtimers seem to argue for is more old plastic rather than a few new pieces of metal cutlery, and I am glad to cast away the plastic and go with the metal, even though it is still a little wonky and unfinished, it is still much better than what I perceive we had before.

Why do a new thread? There are a lot of related threads that you could post your grievances.

And AFAIK welcome and goodbye threads are not allowed.

well...this is my final post, since i will be leaving this forum and deinstalling this game...

Are your 6-7 friends going with you?

Im glad so many posts pop up. It shows the community is upset.

BIS has to give some answers. And not stuff like "myeh maybe modders could make the content...?". I want a roadmap for DLCs.

It's the logical action to take, due that the devs have said that they will abandon the Arma 3 project, no one had bought the game and etc. etc.

Oh wait! The devs have always been working for years after the releases improving the games hugely and adding some content for free.

But it's ok, not everybody has to have the same taste. Farewell!

It's the logical action to take, due that the devs have said that they will abandon the Arma 3 project, no one had bought the game and etc. etc.

Oh wait! The devs have always been working for years after the releases improving the games hugely and adding some content for free.

But it's ok, not everybody has to have the same taste. Farewell!

I know the Devs always kept making free updates and DLCs for ArmA, but still, this time they really have to address the community and give a definite answer. I could deal with the shitty state the game is in right now when I knew that in six months I would have a complete game. But right know all I see is "Hm we may reintroduce the old F-35 model" and some weird announcement regarding "paid mods" (I still dont know what exactly is meant by that).

OP you post was unnecessary and your wasting your time, send you grievance straight to BIS and the rest of you BIS cheerleaders in here do us all a favor take a break grab a beer and relax.

A valid concern might be that the devs might perhaps have already spent their time developing DLC content, understandably something left open to speculation. And so there might be a problem of how a plan to leave readily available DLC content out of a released product somehow is the reality of things now with games. I am not pulling this out of thin air, as such a concern has been pointed out with regard to other games previously.

I'd like to see a DLC about the Viet-Nam era, with full gear, vehicles, units, with some SP missions and a good campaign involving every role (infantry, SF, pilot, crewman, etc...)

oh look, another thread by this guy. Please take it to one of the many other threads this could be applicable to and stop spamming the forums with new topics of the same shit. That or leave.

I'd like to see a DLC about the Viet-Nam era, with full gear, vehicles, units, with some SP missions and a good campaign involving every role (infantry, SF, pilot, crewman, etc...)

There are already two mods about that for A3, at least one with playable content right now. You may like them.

well...this is my final post, since i will be leaving this forum and deinstalling this game...and my end thoughts on this game is just, well i am sad that bohemia could not pull off any better than they have done.

i had my hopes really high since arma 1 and arma 2 was fairly good..only thing that was holding back those two games was performance, body armor system and armor systems.. but i see that nothing of that has improved in arma 3.

i am yet further dissapointed in the developers of this game, why do we never get any serious answers on the critical things. why is not body armor implemented? why is not tank armor properly implemented? they just never answer on these things, give out warnings to ppls who ask for these things and say make a ticket about this etc etc..

one of the tickets we had which had over 1000 positive thumbs and 2-3 negative which was performance issue, has still not been resolved. Arma 3 was not ready for release and should have waited atleast 1 or 2 more months...sure they have a deadline to meet, but the game is dead at the line for me.

it feels to me that developers have been sloppy at making this game, copy and paste turrets and gear which i will not go further into and poor remodelings from arma 2.

they just gave us better animations for infantry and a bit improved gfx enhancment.

hey this post is probably going to be blocked before anyone can say anything, and i bet there will be alot of blind users who thinks this game is perfect...

but since i have been here since arma 1...i know that this thing should not be allowed to call itself for arma 3..

cheers dev team, i have been supporting you for over 7 years now? but this sealed the deal, i am dissapointed and i will not buy anymore products from you.

bye bye

I disagree with your opinion, the game is awesome, your most likely not immersed in the game, clearly, because your too busy writing a goodbye letter and picking faults. The mods are making it realistic like TPW's reality stuff. Ill be producing music for it too.. It's going to be epic in a years time, I respect your decision nevertheless and wish you farewell.

The OP has made his point and has received answers from the community.

I'm going to close this thread because:

1. There are plenty of threads covering complaints.

2. Nothing said here hasn't been said in one of the above mentioned threads.

3. The developers are monitoring forum activity and taking notes, so please stop cluttering the forums and use the already existing threads :).

Bagged and tagged.