Sign in to follow this  
Prkr5885

2 Things, 1, is this really the final game? 2. Basic questions.

Hello, I have played some of the showcases and they don't answer all my questions.

How do I lock onto people with the helicopter, and which missiles are air to air and air to ground? Skyfire air to air?

How do I roll, I have seen people do it alot, would be VERY helpful.

Is this really the final game, was arma 2 like this when it first came out? It feels like there is a big lack of vehicles and maps... Will there be big dlcs? I was looking foward to jets in this game but..Guess not. :(

Hello, I have played some of the showcases and they don't answer all my questions.

How do I lock onto people with the helicopter, and which missiles are air to air and air to ground? Skyfire air to air?

How do I roll, I have seen people do it alot, would be VERY helpful.

to lock use the target button or the look/lock one

when selecting missiles/rockets in the lower-left corner of that display it tells you what type of missiles/rockets they are: AA short range, AA long range, AG rockets (non guided), AG missiles (guided).

in the attack helos showcase I think you only have air-ground weapons, and there are no airborne enemies.

skyfire are AG rockets(they go right in front of your helo). scalpel are AG missiles (go where you have a lock in)

if you want to do a barrel roll google "do a barrel roll", and then you'll know how to do it.

you do a barrel roll by banking left or right and keep doing it until you make a whole roll, but be careful with altitude cause you can drop it very quick.

SHIFT/Z - Altitude/Engine

Q/E - Yaw

These are not the default controls. Q/Z are altitude and X/C are yaw.

More jets will be added, campaign as well. BIS is known for releasing games in semi-finished states, you can expect to get more stuff over time. Arma doesn't rely on "maps", instead, there's one huge island, Altis which is, well, huge and it's terrain varies meaning you basically get different "maps" in one big island.

Problem is while there are comparable counts of content the quality isn't the same. Mainly a ridiculous amount of copy/paste across factions, lack of interiors and lack of frankly expected content like shotguns, fighter planes and transport planes.

How can they have the largest map in ArmA history but no cargo plane and not even plans for one? Yet they have, as the ultimate troll, a wreck of one. :)