Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Battlefield Command Module - v0.1 ALPHA

Battlefield Command Module 0.1 alpha

Battlefield Command Module is a modification for Arma 2 based on work done for the A3 Modification Combat Space Enhancement. It introduces an adoption of Blueforce Tracking, as well as interfaces for displaying the data, without cluttering up the regular map. The goal of this module is to provide extra situational awareness to command elements of MILSIM communities.

I had originally intended to keep this private until I had a more developed version however since I am short on time it's going to take a while to get a newer version completed. Therefor I decided to release this as an as is, with the possibility of updates. However please be aware that any possible future versions will not be compatible with this version.

Requirements:

• Combined Operations
  • Community Base Add-ons (@CBA)
  • Advanced Combat Environment (@ACE)

This modification is required to be run on both the server and all clients!

Installation:

We strongly recommend using mod folders. You should never put addons inside the default addons folder.

Extract the contents of the ZIP file into your:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 folder.

Then either use a mod folder launcher or modify your start up link include the @GBL Mod folder eg:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@GBL

Once you launched your mod, you can place down the module in the editor (F7) '(GBL) Battlefield Command'.

The BFC module is enabled once you launch your mission. For further usage please read the documentation provided with this download.

Reporting Issues or requesting features:

Please use the Bug tracker to report any issues or feature requests.

Contact

The author ("Glowbal") can be contacted on the Bohemia Forums through the private messaging system or release thread of this software on said forums.

Download:

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Battlefield Command Module v0.1 alpha

Documentation (also included in mod download)

Files included:

gbl_sys_battlefieldcommand.pbo

gbl_sys_battlefieldcommand.gbl_public.bisign

Readme - GBL Battlefield Command Module.pdf

Media:

Future Versions:

(1 month old)

While the released version has been extensively tested and used by the 16AA, I have been working on improvements to the system. Future versions include:

• Performance increase
  • Color filtering
  • Toggle able layers
  • Groups
  • Select icons
  • Additional displays (dialogs)
  • Multi side support (OPFOR and IND versions)

Note - Future versions will be incompatible with v0.1 alpha.

Known Issues:

• Tablets do not function as a tracker.
  • Disabling BFT when you have multiple trackers will disable all trackers on your person.
  • Unable to disable BFT for a specific tracker, when the tracker is inside vehicle gear.
  • Taking an active tracker of a dead body will sometimes leave a temporary marker in place on the dead body?s position.
  • When a person disconnects with a tracker enabled and someone is watching at the screen, his marker will stay on the map after disconnect.
  • Menu button on the Command and Control interface doesn?t have a function.

Note: BCM has been tested for multiple months by the 16AA Community in a large scale MP environment (65+ players). The 16AA had not encountered any gameplay breaking bugs or performance issues during this testing.

Edited by Glowbal

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** When you write it requires ACE, do you mean both the core and extra?

Thanks for the clearification! :)

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Thank you, Foxhoud. It's just @ACE. None of the extra ones, only the core.

nice work, remember using this on the Joint Op with you 16AA lads. Will use for sure!