Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

How to set artillery shell directly on the ground in Arma3??

Hello:

I try to set artillery shell on the ground directly but failed. I can create "SmokeShellBlue", but same code cannot create explosion with ammo such as "Sh_120mm_HE" now.:confused:

Anybody know why? what is the correct code to set a explosion on the ground directly?

==========

_ARTYType="Sh_120mm_HE";

_b = _ARTYType createVehicle [_px1,_py1,200];

in addition: is this because I switch from DEV version to normal version? I just did so when formal version AA3 released.

You need to give it some velocity to make it impact with the ground to get an explosion out of it.

shell = "Sh_120mm_HE" createvehicle [_px1, _py1, 200] ;shell setVectorDirandUp [[0,0,-1],[0.1,0.1,1]]; shell setVelocity [0,0,-100]

Does the job and gives it some orientation so the tail doesnt looked wierd. Not really sure on the DirandUp but that gets it reasonable looking.

• Thanks 1

All ammo don't work with this command createvehicle

Try these one

"M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"

"M_Mo_120mm_AT_LG"

"Bo_Mk82"

"Bo_GBU12_LGB"

"R_60mm_HE"

You need to give it some velocity to make it impact with the ground to get an explosion out of it.
shell = "Sh_120mm_HE" createvehicle [_px1, _py1, 200] ;shell setVectorDirandUp [[0,0,-1],[0.1,0.1,1]]; shell setVelocity [0,0,-100]

Does the job and gives it some orientation so the tail doesnt looked wierd. Not really sure on the DirandUp but that gets it reasonable looking.

This way is effective, thx for your help, :D

And also thx other responders, :D

This way is effective

I couldn't run it, nothing happen

but the command line was

shell = "Sh_120mm_HE" createvehicle man1;shell setVectorDirandUp [[0,0,-1],[0.1,0.1,1]]; shell setVelocity [0,0,-100]

where man1 was a civilian unit

What is your _px1 and _py1 position ?

What is your _px1 and _py1 position ?
Yes position x,y,z.

Maybe..

shell = "Sh_120mm_HE" createvehicle [((getPosATL man1)select 0), ((getPosATL man1)select 1), 200];

So at man1's position but 200 meters up in the air.

• Thanks 1

Works !

with

shell = "Sh_120mm_HE" createvehicle [((getPosATL man1)select 0), ((getPosATL man1)select 1), 200]; shell setVectorDirandUp [[0,0,-1],[0.1,0.1,1]]; shell setVelocity [0,0,-100]

we can see the ammo fall at the man position

thanks