Sign in to follow this  
togsie

A few questiions.

Hi all I'm new to Arma 3 and so far I'm really enjoying it. I do have a few questions though:

- Comms, OK I know that use of the Global channel is a no no and I frequently hear requests to get off the Global channel but how do you know the source of the audio. When I hear chat I've no idea what channel it's on, Team, global etc? In a similar vein I also hear players asking to be invited to join a team, and often the request is granted, but how do you know who it is that's requesting the invite? No one actually says " hello it's Bill here can I join your team" Lastly if I find a particular persons chat annoying is there any way to mute them? Assuming of course that there's a way of identifying them?

- Spectator, I believe that there is a spectator mode but I can't find any way to activate it?

Thanks and regards.

Welcome to arma world, since noone else answered, I'll try to-although I'm not sure if I'll be correct-I dont play on public servers.

-there is a key to switch between channels-meaning that when you press it, it switches from global to party etc. channel. Requests to get off the global mean, I suppose, that noone should use it, and thats it. There is no way how to identify who's talking, or I haven't ever discovered how.

-spectator (the flying bird with awful controlling mechanism) is only available in missions and servers, which allow it. It's that simple and it's just a matter of one variable in the mission config. It depends on the host whether it's enabled or not.

I hope I was right about those things, again, I'm rather a private server guy playing with a couple of friends. If you need more answers, just send me a PM

Welcome to arma world, since noone else answered, I'll try to-although I'm not sure if I'll be correct-I dont play on public servers.

-there is a key to switch between channels-meaning that when you press it, it switches from global to party etc. channel. Requests to get off the global mean, I suppose, that noone should use it, and thats it. There is no way how to identify who's talking, or I haven't ever discovered how.

-spectator (the flying bird with awful controlling mechanism) is only available in missions and servers, which allow it. It's that simple and it's just a matter of one variable in the mission config. It depends on the host whether it's enabled or not.

I hope I was right about those things, again, I'm rather a private server guy playing with a couple of friends. If you need more answers, just send me a PM

Just re visiting an old thread and come across your reply which somehow I had previously missed. Please forgive my bad manners and not thanking you sooner.

There should be a voice chat indicator bottom right of screen.

It will come up with the name of the person talking and the colour represents the channel.

White = Global (All players in the server)

Blue = Side (All players of the faction/side)

Green = Group (All players in a squad)

Yellow = Commanders (All squad leaders)

Orange = Vehicle (All players in the current vehicle)

Direct = All players within radius of speaker.

You can mute players.

Go to player list (can't remember default key) in map screen and there will be a mute option when a player is selected.

i have a Question too.

Today i update my Computer to Windows 10 because i will try the new Feature DVR recording form win 10.

i Press win+g in game and Nothing happens!

WHY?

​

someone can help?

Update pls​

​

• Like 1

i have a Question too.

Today i update my Computer to Windows 10 because i will try the new Feature DVR recording form win 10.

i Press win+g in game and Nothing happens!

WHY?

​

someone can help?

Update pls​

​

Very much this:

I got the xbox overlay to work over Arma3Launcher, but when I launch the game itself there is no overlay options detectable in the menus.

I went into to editor/ingame and there I managed to prompt the question from DVR "Is this a game" or something. When I selected "yes" and SHOULD get the working overlay for recording; DVR only announced another message in the right corner "Something went wrong"-error.

I tried adding the game manually from xbox app in many different ways.

Even tried to config the overlay button off of the windows key, but still not working.

Thus far all I've tried and searched from the vast internetz hasn't yeilded any results for getting this xbox dvr to work in Arma3 (Windows 10/steam).

The DVR works great on most of the other games thou.

Please help.