Sign in to follow this  
svarun

NATO uniforms

When playing as NATO troops they all have USA flag patch on their uniforms. Is there a way to remove this flag or get flags from other NATO countries there?

No. Apparently all the other NATO countries joined the Warsaw Pact before 2035...

Will there be a patch that will fix this bug?

Or is there already a mod that does it?

Will there be a patch that will fix this bug?

Or is there already a mod that does it?

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

You can use mods if you want soldiers from other countries.

Ya, I don't like this either...

Ohh. :(

But it was ok in Beta and Alpha.

If I use mod to fix the texture will I still be able to play online?

Is there such a mod already?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. As far as I know you were unable to change any uniform flags in alpha/beta. If I recall correctly, there weren't any uniform flags either.

I'm not sure if you can locally change the models. I guess you could have some problems with keyed servers.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. As far as I know you were unable to change any uniform flags in alpha/beta. If I recall correctly, there weren't any uniform flags either.

I'm not sure if you can locally change the models. I guess you could have some problems with keyed servers.

Sorry, I meant that there weren't any flags on uniforms before.

But this "USA is whole NATO" is really annoying and breaks immersion. :j:

And now you're telling me I probably won't be able to play online if I somehow fix it...

What do you mean murica isn't NATO?!

In all seriousness this would be nice to have either neutral or maybe in the same style that people can choose faces and clan signs for vehicles, so too could they use custom patches.

What do you mean murica isn't NATO?!

In all seriousness this would be nice to have either neutral or maybe in the same style that people can choose faces and clan signs for vehicles, so too could they use custom patches.

+1

Just give us an option to change it or remove it completly please.

This Murrica and muh freedums is becoming slightly annoying for the rest of us.

Choose flag option would be nice. Or maybe how rank insignias were done in OFP FDF mod..?

I dislike playing The Global Police Force And The Only Good Guys In the World -forces for multiple reasons (in b4 grow up its just a texture in a game). Luckily we have CSAT on bestfor and also pretty capable independent faction (but no MBT's)...

Could someone create a ticket?

Didn't you know?

In 2035 America has annexed the world and declared ww3 against "CSAT"....

Not everybody wants to play America you know? Alot of guys in the UK, France, Germany, Finland, Holland etc. Buy this game to mod it so they can play as there own factions.

To cater to one nation of people is just jack BI, Square it away.

Hidden selections much?

USA is behind majority of the wars after World War 2. Leaving the biggest warmongering nation in the world out from a war game seems wrong. :P But calling NATO == USA is simply silly (maybe they planned to include multiple NATO countries, but then decided that Arma 3 is only going to be a sandbox platform and "mods will fix this")... I would love if we could change the flag in the editor (after all we have whole bunch of marker flags, from Norway to Germany...).

They should just drop the NATO name and call it US :j:

It's a pity though, I had done a retexture of the base NATO units before they got US flags and it was fine using hidden selections (in the config of my unit). Now I can't get it to work any more, as I still get the shine or reflection from the smdi texture. It's a real pity.

highly doubt they'll add a country/flag selection, but they should change it to the nato flag used in-game instead of America.

USA is behind majority of the wars after World War 2. Leaving the biggest warmongering nation in the world out from a war game seems wrong. :P But calling NATO == USA is simply silly (maybe they planned to include multiple NATO countries, but then decided that Arma 3 is only going to be a sandbox platform and "mods will fix this")... I would love if we could change the flag in the editor (after all we have whole bunch of marker flags, from Norway to Germany...).

Its simple you make the flag patch a "Hidden Selection" so all the re textures out there don't have American flags on.

Its simple you make the flag patch a "Hidden Selection" so all the re textures out there don't have American flags on.

Does it require a mod, or can you make the necessary changed in a mission PBO?

no, it's accurate. america is basically the hammer of nato. any large to intermediate conflict is handle mainly by america with support from its allies so it makes sense the larger presence is american. also, the uniform and geat is cleared modeled after those preferred and manufactured by americans. for brits, you'll have to make a unit replacer mod using stalker's british unit. for others, you're out of luck.

Not everybody wants to play America you know? Alot of guys in the UK, France, Germany, Finland, Holland etc. Buy this game to mod it so they can play as there own factions.

Hidden selections much?

There's American's who don't want to play America. If you remember back when the game (alpha) was first released, they didn't have any flags on their arms. It was perfect. Now to answer your hidden selection point, yes it would work. But that means you have to have access to the p3d MLODs to edit them to have the patch modeled on to edit it. I did it with some personal stuff in A2. So unless you somehow acquire the MLODs, or you make your own, or BI adds the hidden selection on their for us, then we're just shit out of luck.

This Murrica and muh freedums is becoming slightly annoying for the rest of us.

I bet it is.

Edited by David77