TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Advanced issue found

On 6/6/2020 at 12:17 AM, emJuly said:

@omri2050 Did you ever find a solution for being unable to "lock" targets using the AGM-65K/G with TMS UP? I seem to be having the same issue and have made sure there were no conflicting keybinds as well, same as you. Trying to find a fix for my problem as I can't seem to find anyone else talking about this. I am currently using the live branch of the F/A-18E + ITC Air.

Before TMS UP lock, don't forget to move the "diamond" (keybind = insert)  to your desired MFD (in our case, the AGM-65K/G camera). Although as for the last BETA update, you don't need to lock with TMS UP, it will lock automatically when your TGP points a target.

The F/A-18E/F beta was updated once more:

Changelog:

Implement switches for collision and formation lights, launchbar and a parking brake
Implement HSI course feature
Improve landing system
Add AWW-13 Targeting pod, fix size of ATFLIR
Implement taxi/landing lights switch

Update video by Acolyte available at 

Enjoy,

TeTeT

• Like 5

We know we stressed a certain percentage of our beta build users quite a bit in the past weeks. With regular weekly and even multiple daily updates, using the beta build on a dedicated server becomes a bit of a hassle. The constant updates are draining the server admins time. We understand that many groups and individuals are interested in an updated version, bringing in the new features but not the frequency of beta updates. We have decided to publish a new version of the mod, the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet 2020 version. It will be basically a carbon copy of last Fridays beta release (plus a small patch 🙂 ), and get it's own Steam Workshop entry. In fact it already has an entry, but it's not publically available yet. We might fix some bugs found in it, but there will be no features added. The beta build will stay as is, cutting edge and updated frequently. 

We hope you enjoy the new release, a download link will be made available in the next 24 hours unless we find some critical bugs.

• Like 4

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2020/06/22/us-navy-just-got-its-first-new-fa-18-super-hornets---here-are-the-key-upgrades/#1db411e83d38

The new F-18 block iii is sleek! It got F-35 like alike cockpit screen, CFT, and many more (it says five upgrades)!  You guys should check it out! 

We already have this outdated mod call "FA18X black wasp, last updated at~2014. If I'm remember right, it was made by one of you guys, am i right?

So i think if you guys could use this kinda shortcut route with this already existing FA-18X, put enough investment into it, we will get the all new super horny block iii

Just a suggestion:)

Just come across this article and come into mind would be cool to have in arma. There's no better place to ask for it than here to you guys at F-18 super hornet , as you guys has the best and most ambitious f18 super hornet mod in this community.

Thank you very much

The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet 2020 version will be updated to the latest beta (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552807725) in the next 48 hours.

There will be a number of breaking changes, foremost the removal of ITC air support. Stay tuned for the update and practice with the beta if you have an upcoming year end event involving the Super Hornet 2020.

For information on the update content, visit https://wiki.tetet.de/en/super_hornet

• Like 5

We had planned to release an update to F/A-18E/F 2020 today, but testing has uncovered some bugs that need to be fixed. Stay tuned for an update in January.

• Like 5

The update finally landed for the F/A-18E/F 2020 version:

This is a major update for the F/A-18E/F 2020 version. It contains updates that were tested in the beta in the past 6 months.

A detailed changelog since 2020-06-15, when the 2020 version was released, can be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1552807725/ , the changelog for the F/A-18E/F beta.

In broad terms the following changes happened:

• Updated to F/A-18E/F beta from 2020-01-06
  • Air-to-air combats modes. BVR, ACM radar modes, etc.
  • ITC Air removed. It support generics missile (except FIR AWS). Most of the bugs are gone. It support ACE Mavericks, RHS Mavericks, etc.
  • Build in navigation system. Pre-planed list of waypoints, dynamic adding, removing and changing waypoints. Works with an ACE microDagr.
  • Good compatibility with the ACRE and almost excellent with the TFAR. You can select radio on the UFC and change frequency of the channel.
  • HOTAS integration. A lot of useful keybinds.
  • A lot of minor changes. Bug fixes, reworked MFD page, optimization.

This update was brought to you by the ingenious Acolyte, tested by Benchmark and 48wings, textures updated by Jaentzen and bits and pieces assembled by TeTeT.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

On 1/6/2021 at 6:26 PM, TeTeT said:

The update finally landed for the F/A-18E/F 2020 version:

This is a major update for the F/A-18E/F 2020 version. It contains updates that were tested in the beta in the past 6 months.

A detailed changelog since 2020-06-15, when the 2020 version was released, can be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1552807725/ , the changelog for the F/A-18E/F beta.

In broad terms the following changes happened:

• Updated to F/A-18E/F beta from 2020-01-06
  • Air-to-air combats modes. BVR, ACM radar modes, etc.
  • ITC Air removed. It support generics missile (except FIR AWS). Most of the bugs are gone. It support ACE Mavericks, RHS Mavericks, etc.
  • Build in navigation system. Pre-planed list of waypoints, dynamic adding, removing and changing waypoints. Works with an ACE microDagr.
  • Good compatibility with the ACRE and almost excellent with the TFAR. You can select radio on the UFC and change frequency of the channel.
  • HOTAS integration. A lot of useful keybinds.
  • A lot of minor changes. Bug fixes, reworked MFD page, optimization.

This update was brought to you by the ingenious Acolyte, tested by Benchmark and 48wings, textures updated by Jaentzen and bits and pieces assembled by TeTeT.

Hey TeTeT,

testet the F/A-18 Super Hornet 2020 and I find the additions and changes really interesting in regards to realism. One thing I noticed is a serious drop in performance as soon as the plane has started up (meaning the engine is running). This doesn't happen with other aircraft, be it official or inofficial mods (or even the old version of this mod). I guess this new version has a lot more scripts running in the background.

It isn't nearly as bad while flying, but when I try to land on the Nimitz the performance drops noticeably and will likely cause me to crash on the deck or in the ocean.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Hello @uzabit,

I've checked with the beta testers and our dev team and we're currently unaware of performance degradations. Do you use other mods with the F-18 and Nimitz? If so, please test with F-18 and Nimitz alone and see if the engines spool up is the problem at core for you.

Cheers,

TeTeT

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Hello @uzabit,

I've checked with the beta testers and our dev team and we're currently unaware of performance degradations. Do you use other mods with the F-18 and Nimitz? If so, please test with F-18 and Nimitz alone and see if the engines spool up is the problem at core for you.

Cheers,

TeTeT

Thanks! I'll check that asap and will report back.

Hi there, great mod - thanks for making it, but tail hook no longer lowering. It seems to be bugged and the "hide/show pilot" button seems to bug it out. 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Chabbowabbo said:

Hi there, great mod - thanks for making it, but tail hook no longer lowering. It seems to be bugged and the "hide/show pilot" button seems to bug it out. 

Cheers. 

Just tested, works as intended. Maybe there is a problem local to your setup?

Cheers,
TeTeT