TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Skinpack 2019 Super Hornets

Hello @everyone,

meanwhile all active US Navy Strike Fighter Squadrons transitioned from Legacy to Super Hornet. Because of that I decided to create another Skinpack for this great plane. It includes a total of 33 skins of the squadrons listed below:

VFA:

2 Bounty Hunters, 11 Red Rippers, 14 Tophatters, 22 Fighting Redcocks, 25 Fist of the Fleet, 27 Royal Maces, 31 Tomcatters, 32 Swordsmen, 34 Blue Blasters, 37 Bulls, 41 Black Aces, 81 Sunliners, 83 Rampagers, 86 Sidewinders, 87 Golden Warriors, 94 Mighty Shrikes, 97 Warhawks, 102 Diamondbacks, 103 Jolly Rogers, 105 Gunslingers, 113 Stingers, 115 Eagles, 131 Wild Cats, 136 Knight Hawks, 137 Kestrels, 143 Pukin´Dogs, 146 Blue Diamonds, 151 Vigilantes, 154 Black Knights, 192 Golden Dragons, 195 Dambusters, 211 Fighting Checkmates, 213 Black Lions.

Missing Squadrons are either equipped with F-35C or are Training-/SupportSquadrons.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393837867547492363/658708711426097185/unknown.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

we've updated the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet BETA package lately: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552807725 We plan to push this out to stable release if no show stoppers are found, so would appreciate some feedback here.

Unfortunately Yax had to step down as project lead and so I take over as interim lead. We're looking for a solution to ensure work can continue on the Super Hornet and Super Flanker.

Cheers,

TeTeT

Thanks a lot TeTeT and the awesome crew for your work!
This is almost the only plane I fly in (along with Firewill's )

Good luck finding replacement for YAX, hard work 🙂

where i can find tutorial or youtube video how CCRP work in this mod (can't hit anything with GBU12)

On 2/9/2020 at 2:05 PM, omri2050 said:

Any 4K skins?

Yes, Super Hornet Beta has them.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

today I pushed an update to the Super Hornet Beta on steam workshop, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552807725

With this update the F/A-18F got some Electronic Warfare jamming capability, if it's equipped with an ECM pod from Firewill's AWS. The WSO can select three ranges of five (10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k max frequency) to jam and has a basic display to see which states the enemy radars are in (inner circle and red or outer circle and blue). The blue radars are most likely jammed and cannot acquire targets currently.

The radars pick a new frequency ever so often and probably will find an unjammed frequency. So the WSO has to keep an open eye on the interface ever so often.

This jamming mode is meant to bring a bit of fun to the F/A-18 backseater job and not some realistic simulation of electronic warfare. With this in mind I'm asking for feedback on this jamming mode and maybe suggestions on how to improve it. I'm also especially looking for feedback in multiplayer with human pilot and WSO on a dedicated server.

A very early version of the jamming can be seen here:

Cheers,

TeTeT

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

With the latest updates the beta version had the buddy pod refueling system enabled again. Enjoy.

• Like 3

I cannot get the WSO seat weapons to follow the laser I point (assuming the mod works as if used similar to vanilla). In order for the WSO to work do you need ITC?

8 hours ago, blackburn03 said:

I cannot get the WSO seat weapons to follow the laser I point (assuming the mod works as if used similar to vanilla). In order for the WSO to work do you need ITC?

From what I know the laser and TGP of the WSO is broken. Not sure if there's a way to fix it.

Hi,
For the f-18
In both the Armaholic/Steam version and the Steam Beta version, landing Autopilot will cause the plane to always overshoot and crash.

In the Steam regular version of the mod, and error displays on final approach. In both versions, the tailhook does not autodeploy. Even if manually deployed, the F-18 is still too high to 'catch' the wires.

In Steam Beta, the error does not show, but the plane still overshoots the wires.

Main mods used: CBA, ACE.

Link to video with error, using regular release version:

I would like this to be fixed so the mod can be more accessible to more pilots.

Hi,

the tailhook needs to be deployed manually. I tested this half a year ago and it was functional. No idea what changed since then.

Cheers,

TeTeT

PS: just did a quick test, with the hook deployed I was able to land just fine. For what I know we cannot intercept the autopilot so you need to always manually deploy it.

Edited by TeTeT
add insight

I'm still getting a failure 100% of the time. I've removed all mods and running just vanilla and the non-beta version of the mod. I'm not sure what else to check.

9 hours ago, doctorbutts said:

I'm still getting a failure 100% of the time. I've removed all mods and running just vanilla and the non-beta version of the mod. I'm not sure what else to check.

Maybe, I'm writing a stupid thingh, but BI after last patch release (2-3 days ago) wrote to keep in consideration to check the Arma 3 integrity folder via Steam... Maybe it's unsufeul, but u can try it, just to be sure...

18 hours ago, doctorbutts said:

Can you try the beta? That's what I used and it worked for me. The release might be broken due to the script error you noticed, mea culpa, but won't fix.

The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet beta has been updated.

We welcome Acolyte to the dev team, he brought a bunch of fixes and updates. The beta changelog:

- Fix MFD setting up js_jc_fa18_ufc_data_mode
- Fix bombs angle settings on UFC, update UFC laserCode label, add wishes to WishList
- Replace TOT on HUD to TTI from ITC AIR
- Show ATC and Waypont Info while landing
- display distance to Waypoints in NM instead of km
- display time as HH:MM:SS
- pressing "TRIG" button on TGP MFD now switch LTD/R without changing current weapon
- change HSI TOT text source from 40 to 44 to detach hsi 44 from hud and hmd 40
- massive changes to distance and wp names indication
- change VSpeed source from "vspeed" to "userText" with sourceindex = 45;
- change speed modifier to 1.852
- work with vertical speed, convert it from meters per seconds to foots per minute and round it to tens
- fix Laser Code
- Make buddypod work when rearmed in missions
- remove 2018 and 2019 skin packs

The 2019 and 2018 skin packs are now available on steam workshop separately:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2084792817

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2084818327

Enjoy,
TeTeT

• Like 4

A short video for the update, created by Acolyte:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TeTeT said:

A short video for the update, created by Acolyte:

Great work!

Another update to the Super Hornet beta, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552807725

Acolyte was restless and so an impressive changelog for the work of last week:

1. Improve LMAV => Fix wrong direction on finder mark by x, and add ufc button on SMS for LMAV, so you can change LCODE on SMS page. (ITC needed)
2. Update TGP indication: move LST CODE down to LST button, change button name to LSS. Change UFC name for this codes. (ITC needed)
3. Central HSI become functional. (WPT needs ITC)
4. Add HSI->DATA page, than you can add,delete or change waypoints and marks. (ITC needed)
7. Add clickable MARK button to TGP MFD, adding MARK points of TGP position. (ITC needed)
11. CCRP label is now AUTO. (ITC needed)
13. Fix ITC Air integration with service menu. (ITC needed)
14. Massive left MFD SMS and Mavericks overhaul. (ITC needed)

5. Automatic turning off ATC when landed.
6. Change MFD left and right colours.
8. Add HARM label for harms.
9. Add self defense HARM option.
10. Make service menu objects configurable via js_jc_fa18_serviceMenuObjects.
12. Fix weapon cycle problem with STEP button on SMS (Store) Page.
15. Add vector to target pod at HUD.

Overall three short videos support the update:

• Like 6

The Super Hornet beta is updated once more: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552807725

Changelog:

Feat :: FA18 :: Make full tracer loadout to m61 and increase capability
Feat :: FA18 :: Disable auto flare, when distance between plane and shooter
Feat :: FA18 :: Implement TFAR Compat
Feat :: FA18 :: Set up AA and AG buttons, allow change radar mode with it
Feat :: FA18 :: Add target boxes on HUD and HMD
Feat :: FA18 :: Implement Nose Wheel Steering Hi
Feat :: FA18 :: Working Latitude and Longitude on HSI - DATA display
Feat :: FA18 :: Increase GUN dispersion, because it's not a laser
Feat :: FA18 :: Remove weapon info from SMS after firing and no ammo

PS: There was a problem with the upload in today's morning, it's been corrected now.

Enjoy,

TeTeT

Edited by TeTeT
Problem with upload
  • Like 6

Another update to the Super Hornet Beta, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552807725

Changelog:

front panel rework, thanks for Jaentzen
New mechanic - when you press AA or AG button, it switches you mfds to selected configuration
autoLock for mavericks
Implement AA and AG buttons textures
Reduce refuel basket size
Fix buddypod refueling
Add new refuel basket
Massive overhauling of MFDs
Drop tanks button

Thanks to Acolyte and David Hey for their contributions!

Enjoy,
TeTeT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@omri2050 Did you ever find a solution for being unable to "lock" targets using the AGM-65K/G with TMS UP? I seem to be having the same issue and have made sure there were no conflicting keybinds as well, same as you. Trying to find a fix for my problem as I can't seem to find anyone else talking about this. I am currently using the live branch of the F/A-18E + ITC Air.