TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

14 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Some news to share on the F/A-18E/F. RiverX has created a clickable cockpit, powered by scripts provided by Yax (ITC air). The result can be seen in this short WIP video:

wow. DCS in arma 3

On 9/30/2018 at 10:47 PM, TeTeT said:

Some news to share on the F/A-18E/F. RiverX has created a clickable cockpit, powered by scripts provided by Yax (ITC air). The result can be seen in this short WIP video:

It seems old exhaust nozzles replaced with new ones too! :thumbsup:

Will there another way to enable complex startup beyond the editor? For example we usually call more aircraft if necessary by the logistics of ALiVE, if it is only by the editor all the aircraft we call will have simple startup.

1 hour ago, AngusDLX said:

Will there another way to enable complex startup beyond the editor? For example we usually call more aircraft if necessary by the logistics of ALiVE, if it is only by the editor all the aircraft we call will have simple startup.

It will probably have a way to set a global var you can set in your mission init that can enable it for all aircraft. 

Hi folks!

Not much progress has been posted here since the video of the startup procedures, so I figured it was time for an update. We have been working hard on implementing the DDIs and UFCD with as much functionality as we can.

Here's a demonstrating a bunch of the pages, and some of the interaction with them!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Change of Guard

It's been quite a while since John_Spartan and Saul handed the development of the F/A-18 and SU-35 over to us. I remember how Leshrack did fix the broken configs and scripts which were caused by successive updates to Arma 3 over the years. MoonChilD and Jones did a tremendous job in testing the changes and we were able to push out a Super Hornet and Super Flanker that was no longer hindered by out dated configs.

Over the years we got reinforced by Farquharson, J. Smith, Jaentzen, Rockapes and Rusk Rusk. Jaentzen did a great job by delivering many liveries for the whole US Navy fleet squadrons of Super Hornets. Rusk Rusk created Russian text for the SU-35. And all of us did a fair bit of testing.

Earlier this year (2018) two new contributors entered the scene: RiverX with a brand new approach to the F/A-18 cockpit, and Yax supplementing the new graphics with top grade scripts and configs. They both advanced the Super Hornet in many ways that formerly was deemd to be impossible or at least very hard to implement. With these great steps forward to the advancement of the Super Hornet and Super Flanker, I'd like to inform you that we've decided to place the leadership of the project onto Yax capable hands.

Good luck with the project! I will still own the Steam Workshop pages and be part of the mod team, but team leadership passes on as of now.

The thread ownership will change soon.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Honestly, I just want to say. I think its so friggin cool that this has become a mod that keeps changing hands. It ensures that it never really dies out and it makes it a truely community made project. John Spartan and Saul gave us a great mod, than TeTeT did a great job furter updating it and maintaining the mod. And now it gets a new owner and who knows what they will do with it. Its just so cool. Great work everyone. This is why I still play Arma after all these years. You guys are the best. 

• Like 3

The hornet from here on out

First off, I'd like to thank TeTeT for giving me the opportunity to contribute to such a long standing and incredible project. Over the past years it's been slowly updated to match the other planes available, and in the past months we've worked hard to push it well beyond that.

Over the past months the super hornet has had a major overhaul, and currently our plans are to continue focusing on expanding and improving it. The SU-35S will be maintained, but it will probably not see itself brought to the same standard. If anyone would like to commit time to upgrading the SU-35S to the same standards, feel free to reach out to me so we could discuss it further.

And now, the big announcement.

F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet Version 5.0 Released

We're excited to bring you the next release of the super hornet. For an overview of a quick overview of the new features introduced with 5.0 we've made a short demo video.

For more information on the new release of the super hornet, have a look at the updated workshop page

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743099837

or the new user manual

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GkPktmwmrBR5OXrPUqc6rwRRMUCZC_n6_b6OHKI9Ogc

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Hello,

Frist nice work for this Update

But i have something to Reporting, and sorry for my english.

The F18E work Normal, but the F18F not, with that mean i not the "Pilot" that works normal, i mean the "WSO" here thats my List

The kamara only looks forward and can not be moved [Strg+rightmouse]

The WSO can press the buttons from behind  for the pilot and have not for the WSO Buttons (you can tun off the Battrary or APU or or or)

If you jump off pilot comes out but not WSO. (WSO will be killed if you eject)

And a little asking, Should the WSO, not Controlled the Weapons lig Bombs? i meant its it the Weapon System Operator?

Thats i have testing on Server and Editor.

Thanks and have a nice day!

geeting form me to the team

Hello Guys!
Thanks for this awesome mod!!
I read the manual, all works good as expected, but it seems that the Maverick K and G can't lock the targets with TMS UP. 

After choosing the sensor and ground stabilizing , i can see my target in the maverick DDI but can't seem to get a lock no matter what i do. Even tried to change keys from default just to make sure it's not conflicting with something else. 
Any help?
Thanks a lot!

Getting the following error in our server logs:

Error in expression <if (isPlayer(driver _this # 0)) exitWith {}; (_this #>
Error position: <driver _this # 0)) exitWith {}; (_this #>
Error driver: Type Array, expected Object

I don't know where the error is coming from as there is no filename, but it would be fixed by fixing the if statement like this:

isPlayer (driver (_this # 0))

Not sure if you have an issue tracker somewhere, couldn't find a link.

F/A-18 + ITC and turn off HUD was amazing experience! guys how about F/A-18C version ? cockpit model you almost have from F/A-18E version only need change some panels... it will be the best shits in arma, i am waiting F/A-18C too long one time i try create my self

Willl the F/A-18X Black Wasp be updated to the same standard aswell?

Why air to air radar has only 16 km distance? It's really hard to find bandit aircrafts on big map (South Asia, Jahrome)

4 hours ago, Freddo3000 said:

@ShaKodemon
Engine limitation, you can't set higher ranges than that. And to be honest at that point you might as well play DCS.

1)? in RHS mod I can launch missiles from 22-21 km
2) in the greatest country in the world russia (sarcasme) i have monthly salary 300$,and it's really hard to buy each plane for 50-70$ in DCS))

2 hours ago, ShaKodemon said:

1)? in RHS mod I can launch missiles from 22-21 km
2) in the greatest country in the world russia (sarcasme) i have monthly salary 300$,and it's really hard to buy each plane for 50-70$ in DCS))

It depends on the mod authors discretion. Either go compatible with real life or go compatible with vanilla aircraft of arma 3. For the F-18 it was most of the time the latter, this is why the radar range is much smaller than the real life counterpart.

Sorry to read about the difficulty in sourcing a DCS F-18C, IMO it's well done and worth the money. Though not 1/6 of your monthly salary...

Meantime Jaentzen was busy completing 33 liveries of active Super Hornet squadrons in 2019:

unknown.png

• Like 2