TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Hi! TeTeT, some time ago I asked about collimated HUDs in both F-18s and Su-35s. Will it be possible to add such feature?

14 hours ago, bakimaster91 said:

Hi! TeTeT, some time ago I asked about collimated HUDs in both F-18s and Su-35s. Will it be possible to add such feature?

Not promising anything, but somebody has stepped up to overhaul the F/A-18 cockpit and HUD wise. Not sure if those changes will make it to the SU-35 as well.

• Like 3

I'm sure this has been something brought up before, but will the F/A-18 see any sort of toggle for afterburners. Only reason why people in the group I'm in decided against using it is because they deem it too slow to be competitive against the SU-35 or other aircraft that do. If they're not complaining about the speed they're complaining about the maneuverability.

I suppose too when compared with Firewill's Growler, they have a point  but regardless. I tend to appreciate the detail and heavier feeling of this flight model but 800km/h vs 1250 km/h on firewills is substantial enough to render it lacking apparently.

12 hours ago, Tuskegee Ace said:

I'm sure this has been something brought up before, but will the F/A-18 see any sort of toggle for afterburners. Only reason why people in the group I'm in decided against using it is because they deem it too slow to be competitive against the SU-35 or other aircraft that do. If they're not complaining about the speed they're complaining about the maneuverability.

I suppose too when compared with Firewill's Growler, they have a point  but regardless. I tend to appreciate the detail and heavier feeling of this flight model but 800km/h vs 1250 km/h on firewills is substantial enough to render it lacking apparently.

Doesn't it already have a toggle for Afterburners in the scroll menu? IIRC there is also a custom key bound to toggling it that you can map for AB. Also, Firewill, no offense to him, but his flight models handle way too floaty, and AFAIK, this is primarily a maintainence project. Although TeTeT is of course, the one in the know about that ^^.

17 hours ago, Tuskegee Ace said:

The afterburner is automatic above 90% throttle. It's a bit strange that the speed degraded over time, the limit in the afterburner script is set to 1500 km/h. I remember testing it when we changed the afterburner script and the top speed was well above 1000 km/h on low level horizontal flight. However, we're looking into adding some punch to the afterburner so you can get up to 1100-1200 km/h again. First tests were albeit not very promising, the plane accelerated to 16000 km/h from a stall ... and then exploded. Some more virtual planes will be consumed until this is worked out ;)

• Like 2

Can someone walk me through the CBU's with the latest version and how each one aquires a target? thanks

@TeTeT

i downloaded the newest update of the SU35 flanker(from armoholic)

in the object modifiers tab,there is no init setup module. I believe it used to be there in last version i used,was something changed? I cannot figure out how to set up the aircraft. 

is the only way to set it up via a hangar or  zamak ammo truck?

Thanks

@TeTeT

One thing, just for consistency, can you change the current designation for Su-35?

It should be Su-35S, right now it's something like SU35S which is kinda incorrect.

Cheers! ;)

4 hours ago, redarmy said:

in the object modifiers tab,there is no init setup module. I believe it used to be there in last version i used,was something changed? I cannot figure out how to set up the aircraft. 

is the only way to set it up via a hangar or  zamak ammo truck?

You can use Eden pylons and other settings to customize the aircraft. the Module is no longer needed nor maintained.

• Like 1

April 1st 2018: Standing down

It was our pleasure to provide you with regular updates for the Flanker and Hornet in Arma 3. But everything has to come to an end.

Effective now all work on Flanker and Hornet for Arma 3 ceases. This is in preparation to release it together with other mods for the future Arma 4, once Arma 4 becomes available. With this step we will also leave behind the donation based funding and introduce annual subscription fees.

On to a bright future,

TeTeT

Edited by TeTeT
making date obvious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Outstanding work TeTeT! You kept my favorite bird alive and well. Hope to see your name plastered on future projects. 

Wait, did somebody say Arma 4? *Incoherent screaming*

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lvialpando said:

What is the right targeting procedure for the CBU's? or are the just dumb bombs?

Use laser to mark a target, then change to CBU, you need to use "R" I think is default to find target , it will select the target then whilst travelling towards when you get a locked symbol ( you will know what I mean when it happens if your familiar with locking weapons ) press fire button immediately, timing is everything. Hopefully this makes sense

On 4/2/2018 at 3:41 AM, Rockapes said:

Use laser to mark a target, then change to CBU, you need to use "R" I think is default to find target , it will select the target then whilst travelling towards when you get a locked symbol ( you will know what I mean when it happens if your familiar with locking weapons ) press fire button immediately, timing is everything. Hopefully this makes sense

It does but what CBU's actually work with it?

I know the GBU-12's do, bout the only ones I really tried but ALL guided bombs should work the same way

On 2/4/2018 at 3:45 AM, lvialpando said:

What is the right targeting procedure for the CBU's? or are the just dumb bombs?

use I-TGT  to target 

AGM-84D:

with the new arma feature like terrain following and top attack mode for missiles, would you think about a seaskimming mode and a pop-up attack mode for your anti-ship missile?

watch this UGM-84D's realistic behavior:

17 hours ago, madpat3 said:

AGM-84D:

with the new arma feature like terrain following and top attack mode for missiles, would you think about a seaskimming mode and a pop-up attack mode for your anti-ship missile?

Interesting thought, the harpoon could certainly use some customization. I will take a look at it when I have some spare time.

Speaking of spare time, seems our current test team is out of it. So for quite a nice update by RiverX we're looking for testers of the F/A-18F especially. If interested, please send me a PM and we can take it from there.

Some teaser:

unknown.png?width=800&height=450

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to RiverX a new cockpit has appeared in the Super Hornet. Currently we're busy wrapping up the changes and testing them. An update should be made available in June time frame, unless some major breakage did happen.

Here a screenshot of the new cockpit:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3