TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@TeTeT This was us using it in multiplayer. I am not sure if it actually meant to be that in multiplayer the weapons stay assigned to the pilot but I dont remember it being like that

@skittl did you use the service menu? That won't assign any weaponry to the WSO, only pilot. I'd recommend trying out GOMs aircraft loadout menu then.

God Damn Suchoi Intercepting Santa!!

Thanks for the continued work TeTeT, merry xmas all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This is a bug fix release for the F/A-18. The fuel tanks and buddy pod air to air refueling mode were fixed, the user action for Firewill's I-TGT support was added and all user contributed squadron markings are now available in Eden vehicle appearance. Further the auto wing unfolding script was changed from BIS_fnc_AircraftSystemsInit to bis_fnc_aircraftFoldingWings.

A video showcasing the buddy pod refueling is available at

Spoiler

2018-01-03 config, scripts

- restrict fuel tanks to some pylons

- deprecate BIS_fnc_AircraftSystemsInit in favour of bis_fnc_aircraftFoldingWings

- fix buddy refuel scripts

2018-01-01 config

- make tanks and buddy pod dynamic loadout compatible

- add squadrons from user contributed to vehicle appearance paint schemes

- add I-TGT useraction support

Mirrors:

1. Armaholic - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594
  2. PWS - http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/inYY6HIf4xGhSwAVF72WTA/f-a-18-super-hornet
  3. SW - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743099837
Edited by TeTeT
Update armaholic mirror link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is a bug fix release for the F/A-18. The config did redefine plane_base_f not in alignment with the BI code. This could lead to problems with other aircraft and hence this bug fix has been made.

Changelog:

Spoiler

2018-01-13 config - changed plane_base_f and other inherited class structures

Mirrors being updated:

This is a bug fix release for the SU35. The config did redefine plane_base_f not in alignment with the BI code. This could lead to problems with other aircraft and hence this bug fix has been made.

Changelog:

Spoiler

2018-01-17 config - use common plane_base_f declaration

Mirrors being updated:

• Thanks 4

On 23.12.2017 at 4:08 PM, TeTeT said:

@skittl, I just tried the following sequence and could not reproduce your problem:

1. Equip F/A-18F with weapons for pilot and WSO in Eden pylon settings
  2. Set fuel to 0
  3. Place AI pilot in aircraft
  4. Place player WSO besides aircraft
  5. Start mission
  6. Enter WSO cockpit as player
  7. Weapons stay assigned to WSO
Can you please outline how the weapons are re-arranged? Maybe provide a sample mission that showcases this?

I tried this. Did not work. Pretty much ruins the 2-seater jet in my opinion, please fix it so the WSO can use the weapons again.

Here is a short video that shows how to use Eden dynamic loadout editor to assign weaponry to pilot and WSO. It has no sound track, as it got lost somehow.

Well, that means a pilot has to be already sitting in the aircraft. In the mission i am trying to play, the pilots spawn on the ground. I also tried putting in an AI pilot, then deleting it when i enter the aircraft, which also didnt work. I assigned the loadout with the eden pylon settings.

I also found that turning the f-18 on an aircraft carrier to get to the catapult is hard, would be cool if the maneuverability on the ground could be improved.

7 hours ago, WurschtBanane said:

Well, that means a pilot has to be already sitting in the aircraft. In the mission i am trying to play, the pilots spawn on the ground. I also tried putting in an AI pilot, then deleting it when i enter the aircraft, which also didnt work. I assigned the loadout with the eden pylon settings.

I also found that turning the f-18 on an aircraft carrier to get to the catapult is hard, would be cool if the maneuverability on the ground could be improved.

For me it works with or without AI pilot in the cockpit, as shown in the video. If you can reproduce your problem I suggest to file a feedback ticket on the arma 3 system. 

On the taxi turn radius, I'll look into it.

9 hours ago, WurschtBanane said:

Oh nevermind, did not realize you had to click on Gunner for each weapon :D

Sorry for wasting your time.

Glad you got it working. A bug could have also been responsible, expect the unexpected :)

Meantime a certain Jaentzen is making terrific progress:

VFA-103_CAG.jpg

• Like 6

This is a maintenance release for the F/A-18. Some visual fix for the buddy pod was applied, the weapons are now visible from pilot view, the taxi turn radius was decreased and new editor preview shots were added. And most importantly a new skin pack by Jaentzen for 2017 F/A-18E/F squadrons was added. Thanks to Jaentzen for his tireless effort. 

Spoiler

2018-02-11 config, textures
    - add Jaentzen skin pack for 2017
    - new shots, kudos to Moony    
2018-01-25 config
    - increase wheelSteeringSensitivity from 1.5 to 3, to reduce taxi turn radius
    - make buddypod ammo invisible again, to show correct buddypod in game
2018-01-20 model
    - add weapon proxies to gunner and pilot view lods

Mirrors:

Edited by TeTeT
add armaholic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

New skins are sick.  Some minor things that I noticed:

the CAG and Low vis skins for the VFA-195 aircraft are the same (no color or anything).  Not sure if that was by mistake or not.

the NF on the right tailfin is backwards on the CAG VFA-102 aircraft (on both the E and F variant skins).  Also the striping on the nose stays as opposed to being white and red (minor, F model)

the 2017 on the right tailfin of the VFA-11 is also backwards

obviously this is small stuff and it doesn't affect the awesomeness of this aircraft, but just figured I'd bring it to your attention.  I'm not sure of those are the donated skins or not. 

On 9/15/2013 at 5:50 AM, Jynx said:

extremely nice work. small request if i may. ( lol and feel free to ask me to bugger off) I know for right now it would only be for cosmetic value, but would you consider making the jammer pods (one set goes on wing tips and the other type goes under wings) so that it is possible to have a EA-F18 Growler Variant? like i said small request that is only for looks ( but it would be sweet to have)

EA-18G_Growler is case you will actually consider it lol and need pictures of the jammer pods.

PS I totally understand if you dont have the time or want to make it. your work is amazing and i dont want to sound like an ingrate.

Firewill has already released a pretty awesome EA-18G if you wanna check it out.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33564

On 14.2.2018 at 11:40 PM, islesfan186 said:

New skins are sick.  Some minor things that I noticed:

the CAG and Low vis skins for the VFA-195 aircraft are the same (no color or anything).  Not sure if that was by mistake or not.

the NF on the right tailfin is backwards on the CAG VFA-102 aircraft (on both the E and F variant skins).  Also the striping on the nose stays as opposed to being white and red (minor, F model)

the 2017 on the right tailfin of the VFA-11 is also backwards

obviously this is small stuff and it doesn't affect the awesomeness of this aircraft, but just figured I'd bring it to your attention.  I'm not sure of those are the donated skins or not. 

Firewill has already released a pretty awesome EA-18G if you wanna check it out.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33564

Hello Islefan,

the mirror-effect on the vertical stabilizer is caused by the uv-map of the aircraft. I have no idea at the moment how to fix that. VFA-195 had no spectacular cag skin in 2017 according to my research. Btw, the vfa-102 e-version was not made by me. I created the 2017s. But thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Edited by jaentzen

Hi,

Forgive me if this is a still question but I can't see the JDAMs on the service menu. Do I need to download another weapons pack?

3 hours ago, tornadogr4 said:

Forgive me if this is a still question but I can't see the JDAMs on the service menu. Do I need to download another weapons pack?

I recommend  to use Firewill's AWS for JDAM and other such ammo.

7 hours ago, jaentzen said:

Hello Islefan,

the mirror-effect on the vertical stabilizer is caused by the uv-map of the aircraft. I have no idea at the moment how to fix that. VFA-195 had no spectacular cag skin in 2017 according to my research. Btw, the vfa-102 e-version was not made by me. I created the 2017s. But thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.  All good.  Like I said, it's minor nitpicky stuff.  Still looks awesome

11 hours ago, TeTeT said:

I recommend  to use Firewill's AWS for JDAM and other such ammo.

Thanks for the help TeTeT. It's a fantastic aircraft to fly, credit to all modders involved! 

• Like 1

This is a maintenance release for the SU35. The weapons were missing from pilot view; the red formation lights were to intense; the canopy reflections were fixed by bludclot; Moony provided new preview screenshots. A basic throttle hand anim was added, albeit it's not completely in sync right now (e.g. lags behind).

Changelog:

Spoiler

2018-02-18 config, model

- add throttle hand anim

2018-02-11 previews

- new shots, kudos to Moony

2018-01-28 data

- improve canopy reflection secondary textures (by bludclot)

2018-01-21 config

- change intensity of red still and blinking collision lights

2018-01-20 model

- add weapon proxies to pilot view lods

New canopy glass:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Mirrors:

1. Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24024
  2. PWS: http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/plgNZFxx4xGCkgAVF72WTA/su-35s-flanker-e
  3. SW: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743108251
Edited by TeTeT
Update armaholic link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1