TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

8 minutes ago, sammael said:

TeTeT can you include FIR AWS russian weapons classnmes in SU 35S pylon configs in next update? This  expand the list of weapons through dynаmic loadout.

it is already in Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback[Dust]Sabre and it work with vanilla or FIR AWS same way

It's on the todo list for the next update, but I'm quite limited on time right now. Not sure when it will be finished.

islesfan186, check the README pdf on page 7 for the tailhook binding: - Tail hook Up/Down shortcut is “seagullback” key 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Farquharson said:

Hey jonstyle, we've added the feature to the E-Model and F-Model Super Hornets. If you're trying to self-lase from the pilot seat of the F, you have to remember to select 'Manual Fire' or you won't have access to the Laser Designator and the Ordinance.It should work fully on the E just as the TGP on the Vanilla Wipeout. If you're experiencing issues with this, let us know!

I am having an issue where the E doesn't have a Laser Designator at all in the weapons selection after loading a new kit. As far as the F it works but my laser isn't synced with my pilots TGP but rather floats in front of the aircraft like it is still a slave to the WSO's pod and without the POD there is no laser. 

@Farquharson

Yeah functionality-wise it's the same, however it controls differently. The camera feels different to move, it rolls with the aircraft, and the terrain locking is so and so. It would be better (IMHO) to use the vanilla system instead, keep it consistent.

Also to the guys not being able to lase. Make sure you mount a TGP in the service menu, won't work otherwise. Even if there is a pod you can use, unless you mount it in the service menu it won't have a laser designator.

As I was telling TeTe in private - with the recent updates the Hornet is jittering, randomly stalling, not wanting to target targets... We've had to ground the craft due to an inability to keep power at low altitude. It's a real shame because it was our go to for CAS. We are running 1.70.

On 6/6/2017 at 11:32 AM, TeTeT said:

islesfan186, check the README pdf on page 7 for the tailhook binding: - Tail hook Up/Down shortcut is “seagullback” key 

Appreciate it

On 5/29/2017 at 2:07 AM, corporal_lib[br] said:

BTW, I´ve noticed that it never excedes the 1250 km/h, is it intentional? ...

There´s no sonic boom, I´ve managed to reach 1320 km/h on a dive and had no boom and there was still sound while on 3rd person lokking at the plane on 9 o clock, but I can live with it ;) The sensors thou could have a little boost: the radar could have 16 km range or at least a wider angle of detection, I had a hard time trying to lock on a Buzzard on dogfight =(... but it is developing great! =D 

The 1250 is hard coded in the original afterburner script. The sonic boom was not implemented, maybe we get around to add it in the future. The radar is intentionally less powerful than the F-181 and other latest 2035 generation fighters. Now we're open to suggestions to increase the 8km range to 12km for example, but we intentionally want to keep the performance of the Super Hornet below that of the last generation fighters in the DLC and slightly above the vanilla ground attack planes.

19 hours ago, VerdicAysen said:

As I was telling TeTe in private - with the recent updates the Hornet is jittering, randomly stalling, not wanting to target targets... We've had to ground the craft due to an inability to keep power at low altitude. It's a real shame because it was our go to for CAS. We are running 1.70.

We have some hope that the new addForce command (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addForce) will help with the jittery when the after burner is applied. Seems that the times for setVelocity are over (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVelocity) albeit it served us well in many different cases - from afterburner scripts, through automated plane taxi scripts, onto catapult launches. 

Unfortunately I cannot spend that much time in the cockpit as I would like to, so I haven't experienced any random stalls, but would be interested to know when they happen. The envelope at lower speeds was changed indeed to help landing - with the old values and the new patch the Hornet was floating on 150-160 km/h for endless time without any loss of altitude.  Landing was deemed to hard that way and we hence made the plane less 'floaty'. 

Not sure what not wanting to target targets means, we didn't change the weaponry at all. So it might be induced with the arma3 1.70 patch and the new sensors systems for weapons?

TeTeT

16 hours ago, TeTeT said:

The 1250 is hard coded in the original afterburner script. The sonic boom was not implemented, maybe we get around to add it in the future. The radar is intentionally less powerful than the F-181 and other latest 2035 generation fighters. Now we're open to suggestions to increase the 8km range to 12km for example, but we intentionally want to keep the performance of the Super Hornet below that of the last generation fighters in the DLC and slightly above the vanilla ground attack planes.

The sonic boom is vanilla, after 1.70 (its config should be available for mods, I think) but then again, I can live without it lol... about the radar, yeah, I got the idea to make it less powerfull than the Black Wasp or else it wouldn´t be an older/obsolete fighter compared to it... the SuperHornet has an AESA radar, so 12 km (compared to BW 16km range) is a good compromise... but as I´ve said, the major problem now is the short detection arc covered by the radar, it seems to be less than 45 degrees, and it should be 60 or more, so the dogfight isn´t so hard as it is (or if you could add HMD capabilities to SH - with Kimi´s help - wink wink )

12 km range with a detection arc of 60-80 degree would be ideal, just to summarise ;)

Keep up the great work TeTeT and crew =)

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback, @corporal_lib[br] I'll added a card for the increase of the radar range to 12km and widen the radar detection arc, should be there when there's an update to the F/A-18E/F. On the sonic boom, anyone knows how to configure it or which vanilla or released mod planes have it already?

Mean time we started upgrading the SU-35 for dynamic loadouts, supporting Vanilla and Firewill AWS weapons so far, and a community provided MFCD texture in Russian! 

• Like 3

Firewill´s F-16C/D and F-2 A/B have the sonic boom... and Jets DLC´s Black Wasp and Sh...errr...SU-35/PAK-FA merger lol have it

Yay, finally AWS support! Awesome =)

Cheers

Nice to see that you are thinking about increasing the radar range! About the missiles, couldnt you just use the vanilla ones? Because the last time you updated, the aim9x and aim120 had the same range.

There is also another difference between radar guided and heatseeking missiles. In Arma, radar guided ones are mostly evaded by maneuvering, countermeasures only make up 20-30% or so. But heatseakers are almost entirely evaded by spamming countermeasures. I do not know how much your current Air-Air missiles support those features.

I would recommend just giving it the Amraam C (and D), bim9 and maybe the macer II from vanilla, which would save alot of work. You can also rename them then, as they are all based on real weapons, actually even the ones the f-18 uses in your mod currently. The macer II is not laser and TV guided as your mods maverick is so that should be kept in mind.

EDIT: I love the Su-35 mod, so it would be very nice if you could apply the same changes i suggested to it (and of course adding the r73 and 77 from vanilla), because it currently doesnt even have a radar. And please do not make it have a lower range then the F-18s, because that is not the case in real life.

Keep up the work, i think you are even the first ones to update their stuff for the new DLC so far.

@TeTeTe  -  In some cases the aircraft is not selecting targets and the machine gun crosshair isn't appearing. I'm starting to believe it's a conflict with RHS.

On 30.6.2017 at 7:28 PM, VerdicAysen said:

@TeTeTe  -  In some cases the aircraft is not selecting targets and the machine gun crosshair isn't appearing. I'm starting to believe it's a conflict with RHS.

Remember that with the new DLC heatseaking anti ground missiles will only target hot (engine on/ moving) targets.

Do you happen to need a tester for the next update, @TeTeT? I've been helping BIS devs out with the FM on dev branch, I don't know if all the required config options are on stable already, but if they are, I can help you work out the FM for the planes.

Cant seem to find a TGP in the service menu for the F18-E do i have to add it in the init code?

using Nimitz

@dragon01 testing sounds good, but I'm afraid currently there's no development to test as everybody is pretty busy with real life tasks. Hit me up on our discord at https://discord.gg/tSJRQkw  - not sure if the Dragon member is you there?

@farside I'm afraid the TGP is not added by any of the instant loadout scripts used by the populate function of the Nimitz yet. 

Ok so probably a stupid question....how do I turn the laser on for the TGP (E Model)?  I've scrolled through the weapons and I don't see laser designator. 

After testing, I found out that the only aircraft that has a laser designator is the generic navy skin with the default loadout.  As soon as you change the skin or the loadout...no laser.

When will development begin again? The SU35 does not have a radar and is therefore unusable. This is quite important, as there are only 3 (well-working) russian fully CAP-capable aircraft in the entire Arma 3 modding world, and the Flanker-E is one of them. I think it is the easiest if you just give it the radar and sensor values of the F-18, there is not much of a difference in reality (apart from IRST range and ECM capabilities which i think can be ignored in Arma).

I hope this is not rude or anything, but while you were the first mod developers who updated their jets, you are now one of the last. Dont get me wrong, i respect the work you put into this and that modding is very difficult, i just dont want this to become a dead, unupdated mod...

@WurschtBanane, your message does not come across as rude, it is pushy (aufdringlich). Development on neither the SU35 nor the F/A-18 has been stopped, it continued. However, not much progress has been made throughout the summer as this is now the 13th straight week I'm travelling for work. This leaves a few hours on the weekends for modding at most. Feel free to donate to the TeTeT's gaming laptop fund ;) I'll happily carry around a 3rd laptop on my travels ... not. 

Also the mods do not depend on my time alone. None of the mod team members has time in abundance right now, so this is a limiting factor on any testing and further development done and hence the feedback cycle is long as well. 

But before curiosity kills the cat, here the current changelog:

Spoiler

2017-08-18 model

- remove old proxies

- better pylon proxy positions, hopefully

- fix kh29 mag / weapon

2017-08-17 config, scripts

- add tanks, rockets to dynamic loadout

- add standard loadouts

- adjusted fuselage pylons

- add dynamic loadout for instant loadout scripts

- adjust AB, make it slightly more powerful

2017-07-30 config, scripts

- add new afterburner script, adjust for SU-35 from F-18

- change to airplaneX simulation

- swap altFullForce and altNoForce

2017-06-13 config

- add ITGT support for Firewill AWS

- add new hitpoints structure

2017-06-12 config

- add vanilla TGP

- add CA_throttle to Rsc_SU35_UnitInfo 

- add sonic boom

- add ejection seat

- add sensors from F-18, slighly adjusted

2017-06-10 config, model

- change cannon reloadTime from 0.1 to 0.05 (higher ROF)

- add support for dynamic loadout (AWS and Vanilla)

- add Russian MFCD text

• Like 4

This is a major update for the SU35 aircraft. The plane was updated to use the aircraftX simulation, sensors framework, dynamic loadouts and support for Firewill's AWS missilebox, hitpoints and a new afterburner script. Further the old module system was hidden and is considered deprecated in favour of Eden and dynamic loadouts.
There were also a number of other changes. Foremost the MFD is now in Russian, as are most if not all of the cockpit textures. The standard sonic boom effect has been added. The cannon now has a more rapid rate of fire, making it more alike to it's real life counterpart. Thanks to Firewill support for ITGT and his missilebox was added, as an optional choice. Vanilla weapons are supported through the pylon system.

Please see the Changelog for further details.

KNOWN ISSUES
  - the intrinsic SU35 weapons are merely copies of vanilla weapons, will be changed in a later update
  - the ejection seat does not work at 0 speed, 0 altitude
  - the fuel tank and buddy refueling system is broken
  - on some maps the aircraft position is not displayed correctly on the map MFD
  - slight stuttering when the afterburner is deployed
  - pylons can hold all weapons, will be change in a later update

Changelog:

Spoiler

2017-09-04
	- increase rotation speed of TGP
	- set min maxTurn of TGP to +/-170
	- add laserdesignator_mounted and laserbatteries to weapons and magazines
	- ejection no longer works at 0/0
2017-08-27
	- enable init eventhandler again
	- hide Init/Respawn module
2017-08-26 config
	- reduce reloadTime of cannon to 0.04 (ROF 1500 per minute)
	- adjusted pylon proxy positions
2017-08-18 model
	- remove old proxies
	- better pylon proxy positions, hopefully
	- fix kh29 mag / weapon
	- add tanks, rockets to dynamic loadout
	- add standard loadouts
	- adjusted fuselage pylons
    	- add dynamic loadout for instant loadout scripts
    	- adjust AB, make it slightly more powerful
2017-07-30 config, scripts
	- add new afterburner script, adjust for SU-35 from F-18
	- change to airplaneX simulation
	- swap altFullForce and altNoForce
2017-06-13 config
	- add ITGT support for Firewill AWS
	- add new hitpoints structure
2017-06-12 config
	- add vanilla TGP
	- add CA_throttle to Rsc_SU35_UnitInfo 
	- add sonic boom
	- add ejection seat
	- add sensors from F-18, slighly adjusted
2017-06-10 config, model
	- change cannon reloadTime from 0.1 to 0.05 (higher ROF)
	- add support for dynamic loadout (AWS and Vanilla)
	- add Russian MFCD text
2017-03-19 model
	- move get in and get in dir for pilot to the ground
	- add MFD map for the maps pictureMap
2017-03-01 config
	- add textures for vehicle customization
2017-02-28 config
	- comment some value in kab500l, following Farquharson's advice
2017-02-27 models, config
	- add maneuvrability = 0 to 80mm rockets
	- run dep3d +fx on folder
2016-08-20 config
	- added Lesh's towing mod support
2016-08-15
	- fix fuel hud error in Eden
	- add preview image
	- add loadout for Eden
	- add skin selector for Eden
2016-08-11
	- fix apex popups, Leshrack
	- fix flag and wreck path, TeTeT

Mirrors are being updated now.

Play With Six: http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/plgNZFxx4xGCkgAVF72WTA/su-35s-flanker-e

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24024

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743108251

Arma 3 base: pending

Edited by TeTeT
update mirrors
  • Like 2

Dear mod team, thanks for the Su-35 update release!

... found a few bugs relating to the loadouts/ loadout menu.

- First of all, the fake mag (safe mode) disappeared. You get the Message: "No entry: bin\config.bin/cfgMagazines.js_m_SU35_fake_empty".

... I didn´t got deeper into this yet, but safe mode was a nice feature...

- second: dropping bombs: you must hit the trigger for as short as an eyeblink, otherwise you´ll drop all the bombs in a row.

Here also i didn´t figured out the reason.

- 3rd: the wing-mounted S-8 pods are now single. On purpose? - However.

- Last, and here i FOUND something! Wingstation 3 (empty/R73/R77): Only proper working options are empty or R73.

The Reason is a typing error. Path:  js_jc_su35.pbo\scrips\SERVICE_MENU\functions\SU35_LOADOUT_APPLY.sqf

It´s in line 71. Compare to Lines 90/91. Station 4 is working correct.
                   // "js_m_su35_r77_x1"
                "PylonMissile_Missile_AA_R73_x1"

Ciao!

• Like 2

iam back after a longer break. I would like to ask if the f-18 is still up-2-date. I saw the dlc for the jets and that there are some changes. The ingame vanilla F-18 looks to much future, i would like to stick to the classic f-18 :-) Can i use all the features of the new dlc with this plane? Thanks for info!