TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

7 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Dude updates are coming along.  Please wait.

I know, just saw that noone reported this yet.

I'm sure it comes as a surprise to the dev team as well :)

• Like 1

Hey @TeTeT , as all the US Navy & USMC have hi & lo vis paint schemes would you consider adding one for the default RAAF paint scheme? I know that it's not exactly high vis, but it is beautiful nonetheless. The RAAF has an F/A-18F in a beautiful 1 Squadron 100th Anniversary livery as shown below: 

16507826_1191743170946246_35679961882426

16907021_1631046160535755_73370807690571

5 hours ago, The Turbanator said:

Hey @TeTeT , as all the US Navy & USMC have hi & lo vis paint schemes would you consider adding one for the default RAAF paint scheme? I know that it's not exactly high vis, but it is beautiful nonetheless. The RAAF has an F/A-18F in a beautiful 1 Squadron 100th Anniversary livery as shown below:  

Thanks for the suggestion, if you can send me the paa's for it, I'll include it in the community contrib pbo. You can find the PSD templates at http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/planes/FA18EF_templates.psd

This is a major update for the F/A-18E/F. The plane was updated to use the airplaneX simulation and uses the new sensors. Dynamic loadouts and hitpoints had to be left out of this update and will be delivered some time in the future.

Please see the changelog for details on

• vanilla TGP support
  • vanilla ejection seat support
  • new afterburner mechanism, deploys at 90% throttle and above
  • vanilla auto wing folding support
  • new gun ballistics computer
  • added laser to F/A-18E
  • add sensors support
  • add USS Freedom tailhook support
  • add throttle indicator to HUD

A new pbo can be found in this release, containing community contributed skins: js_jc_fa18_contrib_squads.pbo

KNOWN ISSUES

• suspension is broken, wheels float 5cm above the surface
  • frame rate drop when looking straight at the engine

Mirrors will be updated soon:

Changelog:

Spoiler

2017-05-26 config
    - use TGP for F/A-18F gunner
2017-05-21 config, model
    - add TGP weapons info from wipeout
    - remove AI auto eject script
    - afterburner applies above 90% throttle
    - improvements to afterburner script
    - revert lgearsus and rgearsus to rotate instead of translate
    - change n_sus to offsets -0.05 and 0.05
    - raise wheel_1_rim
    - add AircraftAutomatedSystems for auto wing folding
    - add hit eventhandler for AI eject
    - add init eventhandler for AircraftSystemsInit
2017-05-20 config
    - changed red light settings
    - fix nose wheel steering
    - add wing folding option for Eden customization
2017-05-19 config
    - copy A-164 pilotCamera class over
    - remove afterburner which is broken with airplaneX
    - add init scripts as function
    - turn on AB on 100% throttle
    - overhaul suspension
2017-05-18 config, model
    - add ejection script for F
    - add pilotCamera for TGP
    - change retracting gear anim on F
    - change gun ballistics computer to 4 + 8
    - place rear wheels on the ground, not in it
    - add laser to F/A-18E
2017-05-17 model, config
    - add display components to gunner in F
    - another change to the suspension of the F
    - TODO: wheels on retracted gear still peek out of fuselage on F
    - add UAV display and gunner and driver camera to sensors menu
2017-05-16 config, model
    - try to fix carrier compatibility
    - add radarTarget and radarTargetSize
    - add thrustCoef
    - change suspension, disable it
    - add Freedom tailhook
2017-05-15 config
    - add servicemenu eden attribute
2017-05-14 model.cfg, config
    - create slightly better suspension
2017-05-11 model
    - fix broken retracting gear
2017-04-30 config, model
    - transition to airplaneX
    - use physX wheels
    - add sensors
    - add new ejection seat to E
    - added throttle indicator to HUD
2016-08-20 config
    - added Lesh's towing mod support
    - added USAF refuel support
2016-08-15 config
    - added skins chooser as Eden attribute
    - added new ballisticComputers setting to weapons for CCIP
2016-08-14 config, scripts
    - added default loadout option
    - removed autoSeekTarget fro GBU-38 definition
    - added function entry for instant loadouts script
2016-08-12 config, scripts
    - added basic loadout menu in Eden
    - added Eden fold wings option
    - added preview pictures
2016-08-11 config, scripts
    - fixed apex popups
    - fixed FA18E Wreck
    - fixed fuel hud script in Eden

Edited by TeTeT
add steam link
  • Like 13

Can't seem to change the afterburner key, it's apparently bound to 'Seagull Fast Forward' but upon changing it doesn't work. Either that or it is fixed on.

7 minutes ago, khaosmatical said:

Can't seem to change the afterburner key, it's apparently bound to 'Seagull Fast Forward' but upon changing it doesn't work. Either that or it is fixed on.

The Afterburner has now been linked to how much throttle you are using, "new afterburner mechanism, deploys at 90% throttle and above", so a keybinding will not work anymore

49 minutes ago, Foxone said:

The Afterburner has now been linked to how much throttle you are using, "new afterburner mechanism, deploys at 90% throttle and above", so a keybinding will not work anymore

In that case, ignore my ability to read! xD

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TeTeT said:

A new pbo can be found in this release, containing community contributed skins: js_jc_fa18_contrib_squads.pbo

KNOWN ISSUES

• suspension is broken, wheels float 5cm above the surface
  • frame rate drop when looking straight at the engine

I have frame rate drop -all time. No matter 1st or 3rd person view with F/A -18

I think the radars range is too low... It can only lock on to targets up to 7.5km away. It kind of makes "Beyond Visual Range" engagements hard. I would like it if it was 10-15km, same as the vanilla F-181.

EDIT: Also, there seems to be no difference between the aim9 and aim120 in terms of range, both seem to be radar guided.

The F/A-18 is using the airplaneX simulation now, no longer the old arma 2 airplane simulation. This should be the core reason why the plane behaves differently now, especially for the afterburner script. There do not seem to be any easy fixes around, so better get used to the new handling for now. Further time is quite limited for me til mid of July, so do not expect any sudden updates.

sammael, are the frame rate drops a kind of stuttering or are the frames constantly low on your system when the Super Hornet appears?

The Jet like a shakes forward -  backwards and  FPS drops to 8-10. With other air mods and vanilla everthing is Ok

10 hours ago, sammael said:

The Jet like a shakes forward -  backwards and  FPS drops to 8-10. With other air mods and vanilla everthing is Ok

Are there any other mods running that might add to this problem? Are you on version 1.70? We did quite some testing on different systems but haven't experienced this shaking. Though the plane can be a bit jittery when the AB is on.

15 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Are there any other mods running that might add to this problem? Are you on version 1.70? We did quite some testing on different systems but haven't experienced this shaking. Though the plane can be a bit jittery when the AB is on.

Didn´t play much, but it seems waaaay better the new handling than I´d expect when changing to AirplaneX... the new afterburner doesn´t seem to jiggle the plane as before, and auto activating over 90% throttle seems quite reasonable, a pitty the vanilla jets doesn´t have the same feature =)

BTW, I´ve noticed that it never excedes the 1250 km/h, is it intentional? Or just a workaround while you guys makes the sonic boom work as intended on the SuperHornet? I´ve tried to break the sound barrier on Virtual map and it was loaded with the default cargo (a fuel tank, 4 bombs, 2 mavs and 4 AAMs - maybe the payload was draging the speed? Lovely if that´s the case, I´ll try on slick config and see if I break the sound barrier lol)

[Edit] well, some jigglery with AB on, at least on ALtis (it seems some featues are map dependant), and the AB stills drag the turn speed, but with full mil (89% throttle) I still can pull fast turns =)

There´s no sonic boom, I´ve managed to reach 1320 km/h on a dive and had no boom and there was still sound while on 3rd person lokking at the plane on 9 o clock, but I can live with it ;) The sensors thou could have a little boost: the radar could have 16 km range or at least a wider angle of detection, I had a hard time trying to lock on a Buzzard on dogfight =(... but it is developing great! =D 

Many kudos TeTeT

• Like 2

First of all let me say thanks for this awesome mod..just love it

I apologize if this has been answered already but I was unable to find my answer even in the manual.

How in the "F" variant do you target anything? As the Pilot I only seem to be able to access the main gun, and my radar operator said they couldn't get any targets by using the default keys of "R" or "T".  Am I missing something, please help.

Thanks in advance   

Really enjoying this mod in co-op missions. Flying pilot+wso makes for some lovely Top Gun references ^^
However I noticed that on the two seater the pilot has access to the vanilla TGP system. The WSO does not, he gets another variant that frankly isn't particularly intuitive to use.
I checked the changelog:
"2017-05-26 config
    - use TGP for F/A-18F gunner"
And I am running the latest version.

Great mod guys, cheers!

Hey guys, I'm Farquharson one of the testers here for the F/A-18 Test team and I hope I'll be able to answer your question to the fullest of my ability as not just part of the team but someone who flies the mod frequently in-game.

Rockapes:

Firstly - Thank you for enjoying the mod, positive feedback means a lot when dozens if not hundreds of hours can go into a single update!

With the changes made with the latest jets update current functionality in order to use the Mavericks (AGM-65s) the aircraft's laser must be on and then the 'Lock next Target' Key must be pressed to acquire a vehicle lock. However if you are wishing to drop any of the 500lb bombs available through the mod, the laser must first be turned on, and then the ordinance pulled as the 'primary weapon', locking onto it in the same fashion as the new Vanilla TGP. The Arma 3 field manual should have more information listed under 'Bombs' and 'FCS'.

littleturn:

Thank you as well for enjoying this mod, great to see positive feedback.....and references......lol

The WSO's TGP is positioned in the same place as the Real F-model's targeting pod and retains all the same functionality of the Vanilla TGP. (Distance to target, grid of target, the ability to self-lase guided ordinance, and the ability to lock onto a target grid). Please refer to the vanilla controls for those and if you find any of them missing please let us know! Only so many of us can test this and we need the help of everyone out there using it post release to help us hunt down those pesky little issues we can't find in our own testing environment!

• Like 1

I am pretty certain that left ctrl+right mouse button opened the targeting pod view where you could self lase targets but I think after Jets DLC this function is gone? I cant seem to find out wich buttons in remapping controls either. Could someone help out?

This is probably a silly question, but anyone know how I can re-map the tail hook key?  It's the same thing as bank right, and I don't see the tail hook key under plane controls so I can't re-map it.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 2:16 PM, jonstyle said:

I am pretty certain that left ctrl+right mouse button opened the targeting pod view where you could self lase targets but I think after Jets DLC this function is gone? I cant seem to find out wich buttons in remapping controls either. Could someone help out?

Hey jonstyle, we've added the feature to the E-Model and F-Model Superhornets. If you're trying to self-lase from the pilot seat of the F, you have to remember to select 'Manual Fire' or you won't have access to the Laser Desginator and the Ordinance.It should work fully on the E just as the TGP on the Vanilla Wipeout. If you're experiencing issues with this, let us know!

10 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

This is probably a silly question, but anyone know how I can re-map the tail hook key?  It's the same thing as bank right, and I don't see the tail hook key under plane controls so I can't re-map it.

Are you talking about the vanilla Tailhook key(as it seems there is none), or the F-18's tailhook? If you can clarify we may be able to answer your question a bit better. 

• Like 1

TeTeT can you include FIR AWS russian weapons classnmes in SU 35S pylon configs in next update? This  expand the list of weapons through dynаmic loadout.

it is already in Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback[Dust]Sabre and it work with vanilla or FIR AWS same way