TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

I am having trouble using the Su-35 after bis 1.68 update. Cant enter plane, any one else have that issue (using 64-bit).

This is a bug fix release for the SU-35E. The get in point for the pilot was fixed. Further support for a maps picturemap on the right MFD was added.

KNOWN ISSUE: The left and right edges of the MFD with the map look distorted.

The changelog for the SU-35:

Spoiler

2017-03-19 model - move get in and get in dir for pilot to the ground - add MFD map for the maps pictureMap 2017-03-01 config - add textures for vehicle customization 2017-02-28 config - comment some value in kab500l, following Farquharson's advice 2017-02-27 models, config - add maneuvrability = 0 to 80mm rockets - run dep3d +fx on folder 2016-08-20 config - added Lesh's towing mod support 2016-08-15 - fix fuel hud error in Eden - add preview image - add loadout for Eden - add skin selector for Eden 2016-08-11 - fix apex popups - fix flag and wreck path

Updated Mirrors:

• Like 2

I was downloaded it from armaholic and installed. Then i ran the game, entered the eden editor, everything was good before i dragged it out to the map.Because the game crash.

then a massage box said that ----bad version 73 in p3d file " JS_JC_FA18.pbo "---- .How to fix it? My game version is 1.60

The only way to fix it is to buy the game. You need version 1.68, which you would have had if you didn't pirate it.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Kaung Myat Thu said:

There's no old version of that aircraft compatible with my game version?

No, and by admitting that you are using an illegal game version on the official forums and publisher of the Arma3 was not the best move. You will now be banned from this forum, the only way to remove this will be to provide evidence of a legal version.

Well, he said that it's due to slow internet connection... still, the answer is, unfortunately, "update or scram". It's hard enough to keep a mod updated, without the added hassle of keeping an older version around. ArmA3 got so many nice things added since 1.60 that it's worth leaving the computer running for a night or two to get it.

I've got an issue where the pilot isn't able to access Air-to-air missiles if a co-pilot is on board.

If the pilot is on the in the jet he has the option for "Manual fire" which gives him access to AIM's and amraam's, but with a co-pilot this is no longer an option and pilot only has access to the cannon.

Is there a way to hand fire controls from co-pilot to pilot?

Hello

I have some feedback/questions regarding the F/A-18 Super Hornet mod for Arma 3.

First off i want to say that the mod is amazing and its the primary CAS platform for me and my unit, this is therefore in no way intended to be bad criticism.

I have the Steam workshop version of this mod.

Questions:

• What are your plans for when the jets dlc is coming out?
  • Why is there no ATFLIR targeting pod on the F/A-18E variant? I have seen TGPs on the vanilla aircraft's that are enabled with lcrtl+rmb and increase the situational awareness for CAS pilots with a huge amount.
  • What is supposed to be in the settings tab in the service menu? What kind of settings can we expect and when will it be ready?

Bugs/weird things ive noticed:

• The zoom in the cockpit is very limited compared to other vehicles in ARMA 3.
  • Only some HUD symbols appear to be fixed to "infinity" most are fixed on the hud glass. Making it hard to use with Trackir.
  • HUD waypoints seem to move even though the object is stationary. Also very hard to use with Trackir.
  • GPS marker gets stuck sometimes and cant be moved from one point. (this only happens some times)
  • No gun reticule for the pilot in the F/A-18F.

Sorry if these things have already been noted/answered, i just do not have the time to go thought 70 pages. :D

Apart from these few things the plane is amazing and probably my most favorite mod.

Keep up the good work.:smileee:

• Like 1

@TeTeT I know that the F/A-18X mod by John Spartan & Saul is now dead. Any thoughts on implementing some, if not all of the additional features on the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet? Of course you'd need to ask John Spartan & Saul for permission first. Instead of just seeing the excellent original Black Wasp mod die, it could still live on in the Super Hornet. The Kuwaiti Air Force now has F/A-18E & F's on order with Advanced Super Hornet features: uprated engines, upgraded avionics & conformal fuel tanks. These could be added/removed during the arming menu or via module. Freeing up the weapons stations of fuel tanks means more weapons carried with the addition of the CFT's. Just suggestions. Thanks. Any thoughts? 

http://www.combataircraft.net/2016/11/18/qatar-and-kuwait-fighter-deals-signed-off/ 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.chinatopix.com/articles/amp/106493/20161119/sunni-air-power-boosted-big-time-f-15-18-purchases.htm

On 4/25/2017 at 4:09 PM, retrofly said:

If the pilot is on the in the jet he has the option for "Manual fire" which gives him access to AIM's and amraam's, but with a co-pilot this is no longer an option and pilot only has access to the cannon.

Alwarren from CUP has just discovered a way to split the weapons betweens pilot and co pilot by configuration and post init script. Once this feature is available in CUP, we have permission to adopt in the F/A-18F. Don't expect any sudden moves here though.

On 4/25/2017 at 5:21 PM, Kola360 said:

First off i want to say that the mod is amazing and its the primary CAS platform for me and my unit, this is therefore in no way intended to be bad criticism.

I have the Steam workshop version of this mod.

Questions:

• What are your plans for when the jets dlc is coming out?
  • Why is there no ATFLIR targeting pod on the F/A-18E variant? I have seen TGPs on the vanilla aircraft's that are enabled with lcrtl+rmb and increase the situational awareness for CAS pilots with a huge amount.
  • What is supposed to be in the settings tab in the service menu? What kind of settings can we expect and when will it be ready?

Bugs/weird things ive noticed:

• The zoom in the cockpit is very limited compared to other vehicles in ARMA 3.
  • Only some HUD symbols appear to be fixed to "infinity" most are fixed on the hud glass. Making it hard to use with Trackir.
  • HUD waypoints seem to move even though the object is stationary. Also very hard to use with Trackir.
  • GPS marker gets stuck sometimes and cant be moved from one point. (this only happens some times)
  • No gun reticule for the pilot in the F/A-18F.

Sorry if these things have already been noted/answered, i just do not have the time to go thought 70 pages. :D

Apart from these few things the plane is amazing and probably my most favorite mod.

Keep up the good work.:smileee:

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. We're currently working on an update and after something broke the retracting gear I got it fixed just yesterday, albeit with a hack. The next version will be sensors equipped and if I find some time in the coming days maybe with dynamic loadout in Eden. Also considering to add an Eden attribute to remove the service menu in mission, so a scenario designer can send out planes with fixed loadouts. 

TGP support has not been added to the planes, nobody on the team seems to have an interest in pushing this at the moment.

Same goes for the settings tab, nobody works on this aspect of the service menu.

Thanks for the bugs reported, I've added them to our trello board, but no ETA on fixing any of these short comings.

1 hour ago, The Turbanator said:

@TeTeT I know that the F/A-18X mod by John Spartan & Saul is now dead. Any thoughts on implementing some, if not all of the additional features on the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet? Of course you'd need to ask John Spartan & Saul for permission first. Instead of just seeing the excellent original Black Wasp mod die, it could still live on in the Super Hornet. The Kuwaiti Air Force now has F/A-18E & F's on order with Advanced Super Hornet features: uprated engines, upgraded avionics & conformal fuel tanks. These could be added/removed during the arming menu or via module. Freeing up the weapons stations of fuel tanks means more weapons carried with the addition of the CFT's. Just suggestions. Thanks. Any thoughts? 

http://www.combataircraft.net/2016/11/18/qatar-and-kuwait-fighter-deals-signed-off/ 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.chinatopix.com/articles/amp/106493/20161119/sunni-air-power-boosted-big-time-f-15-18-purchases.htm

Just want to quote John_Spartan here, as I think you missed that message in the F/A-18X thread. I would definitely not call the Black Wasp mod dead. 

• Like 1

With Jet DLC and 1.70 version around the corner, we're looking for some testers of the F/A-18E/F release candidate. You need to use either 1.70 RC or dev build and drop me a private message, I will send you a download link then. Focus of the test should be suspension, service menu toggle, sensors and weapons. Thanks for your interest.

The update may or may not be happening this week, depending on test results and personal workload.

• Like 4

Thanks for the interest in testing the update on RC/dev build. Please download the F/A-18 again from the URL I gave out, the following changes were done:

2017-05-16 config
    - try to fix carrier compatibility
    - add radarTarget and radarTargetSize
    - add thrustCoef

• Like 1

Just wanna say I love these jets. They're beautiful and have long been my favorite. Its often hard to use jets practically in Arma but I try to make it work so I can have a reason to use these because they're just so satisfying. 

• Like 1

Hey TeTeT!

Our Unit uses your F/A-18 now for a long time.

First of all thanks for all the work you have done so far, and will in the future!

There are 2 questions I have.

1.       Do you think about making the F/A-18 modular for the FIR AWS Mod?

2.       What about changing the camera for the F- Varient, so the camera only moves if you are in the “camera-mode”. I find it very annoying when i´m just looking around and my head always turns back, because it´s following the camera position.

Best regards,

[sTs] Casual_Boy97

9 hours ago, Casual_Boy97 said:

Hey TeTeT!

Our Unit uses your F/A-18 now for a long time.

First of all thanks for all the work you have done so far, and will in the future!

There are 2 questions I have.

1.       Do you think about making the F/A-18 modular for the FIR AWS Mod?

2.       What about changing the camera for the F- Varient, so the camera only moves if you are in the “camera-mode”. I find it very annoying when i´m just looking around and my head always turns back, because it´s following the camera position.

Best regards,

[sTs] Casual_Boy97

If I'm not mistaken doesnt the DLC handle interchangeability between weapons/loadouts? So in theory they should be compatible once the configs are thrown together to allow Jets DLC armament window?

On 5/17/2017 at 9:30 AM, wendyvonbraun said:

If I'm not mistaken doesnt the DLC handle interchangeability between weapons/loadouts? So in theory they should be compatible once the configs are thrown together to allow Jets DLC armament window?

I think the dynamic armament only works in EDEN for now not during mission.

And just to verify this mod is not released to the community....So individual teams can not make their own versions for personal in house use and distribution?

On 17.5.2017 at 7:24 AM, Casual_Boy97 said:

Do you think about making the F/A-18 modular for the FIR AWS Mod?

Thanks for the kind words. We're looking into options to utilise different missileboxes on the Hornet and Flanker. However, the base version shall stay dependency free. I've added the pilotCamera setting (TGP) with Lala's (USAF) help yesterday. I hope that will be good enough.

On 17.5.2017 at 6:57 PM, Tac21 said:

I think the dynamic armament only works in EDEN for now not during mission.

That is correct, however there are scripting commands for pylon loadouts. As Firewill found out, the latest released version of those commands can work with gunner turrets as well as with the pilot. While the whole dynamic loadout scheme won't be found in the upcoming update, it's planned for the future. Same goes for the advanced hitpoint system.

5 hours ago, Tac21 said:

And just to verify this mod is not released to the community....So individual teams can not make their own versions for personal in house use and distribution?

This is correct, the license does not allow derivatives to be distributed. Whatever you do behind closed doors (passworded servers with a bunch of friends) is not of my concern however.

• Like 2

Will the buddy fuel pod make it to the "E" model or has that been considered?

The Jets DLC broke all modded CAP and multirole Aircraft, including your SU-35 and F/A-18. The Planes have no radar and the radar guided missiles (r77 and aim120) are currently heatseakers with 2km range. Please fix.

Dude updates are coming along.  Please wait.

• Like 1