TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Is there a way to change the loadout or skin when spawning this via a script? I want to spawn an AI plane on a trigger, but was wondering how to change the skin or loadout. 

patpowercat, you can change the loadout and skin via script. Depbo the F/A-18 pbo and check out 

js_jc_fa18\scripts\LOADOUTS\FA18_roles.sqf
js_jc_fa18\scripts\EDEN\fn_paintscheme.sqf

For example:

[_plane, 'vmfa232cag'] execVM 'js_jc_fa18\scripts\EDEN\fn_paintscheme.sqf';
[_plane, 'mr'] execVM 'js_jc_fa18\scripts\LOADOUTS\FA18_roles.sqf';

On 1/11/2017 at 0:07 PM, TeTeT said:

patpowercat, you can change the loadout and skin via script. Depbo the F/A-18 pbo and check out 

js_jc_fa18\scripts\LOADOUTS\FA18_roles.sqf
js_jc_fa18\scripts\EDEN\fn_paintscheme.sqf

For example:

[_plane, 'vmfa232cag'] execVM 'js_jc_fa18\scripts\EDEN\fn_paintscheme.sqf';
[_plane, 'mr'] execVM 'js_jc_fa18\scripts\LOADOUTS\FA18_roles.sqf';

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks a ton!

• Like 1

Just an FYI, it appears that if you use this with the virtual CAS support module, the plane just crashes. Anyone know about this?

You can correct this using setVelocity in the module init. 

Hi, i have got a littlebit of a problem.

I want to remove the AGMS and S8 rockets from the SU-35 by putting something in its init (no the module/loadout thing wont work im too lazy to tell you the reason)

I looked up the classnames and then added this removeWeapon "js_w_su35_kh29Launcher"; this removeMagazine "js_m_su35_kh29_x1" to the Flankers init.

And guess what happened: Nothing.

Please help me with this, i made a mission featuring the su-35 as a respawning bandit but it keeps attacking players planes on the ground with AGMS.

Hallo WurschtBanane, the problem is most likely that the Eden attribute for the loadout are applied after the init box. So try the following hack in the initbox:

[this] spawn { 
  sleep 1;
  params ["_plane"];
  _plane removeWeapon "js_w_su35_kh29Launcher"; 
  _plane removeMagazine "js_m_su35_kh29_x1"
};

13 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Hallo WurschtBanane, the problem is most likely that the Eden attribute for the loadout are applied after the init box. So try the following hack in the initbox:

[this] spawn { 
  sleep 1;
  params ["_plane"];
  _plane removeMagazine "js_m_su35_kh29_x1"
};

It tells me: Type script, expects nothing when i put this in the init box of the Flanker.

2 minutes ago, WurschtBanane said:

It tells me: Type script, expects nothing when i put this in the init box of the Flanker.

Try

T = [this] spawn { 
  sleep 1;
  params ["_plane"];
  _plane removeMagazine "js_m_su35_kh29_x1";
};

Edited by TeTeT
add semicolon

10 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Try

T = [this] spawn { 
  sleep 1;
  params ["_plane"];
  _plane removeMagazine "js_m_su35_kh29_x1";
};

Worked! Thanks alot.

The SU-35s S8 rockets...are guided. Werent before. This was an issue since quite a while, didnt bother me until now.

Please fix it.

finally found the problem for the HUD

before, i was thinking, why i always went too high for a carrier approach although I follow the real life landing path (from USAF released flight manual)

when I am flying as slow speed with flaps one, I bring my aircraft to a 5 degree pitch and my FPI (Flight Path Indicator) shows that I have a 7-8 degree AoA, which is -3 degree.

and i take a look at my altimeter, what i should except is a quick altitude loss, which will drop nearly 10 meter in a few seconds. but no, the altitude haven't change at all, but the HUD shows that I am descending at 5 degree.

can you please look into it? it explains why most pilot went diving on landing or even having a -8~-10 degree glide path (as indicated) 

** i can take a video if you want 

How does one set the texture of an AI Su-35S? Because I want one to provide air support for AFRF, but not with that CSAT skin...

Aniallator, check out the Eden attributes for the AI plane, there should be a selection of skins present.

11 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

Aniallator, check out the Eden attributes for the AI plane, there should be a selection of skins present.

Hmm OK I'll double check, I'm pretty sure I'd checked before and there wasn't any and I was only able to change the skin as a pilot in the customization menu. I'll have a look.

21 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Hmm OK I'll double check, I'm pretty sure I'd checked before and there wasn't any and I was only able to change the skin as a pilot in the customization menu. I'll have a look.

Look for Su-35 in modules section. Add that module, customize and sync it (by right click on it) with the plane

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 3:23 PM, Aniallator said:

I've just checked and the attribute camo pick works for me: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/171538555557045413/4425C8401E2FF1B8FADDEF35DBB59E22611EA1A6/

Masnooper's approach should work as well.

• Like 1

This thing can basically not be used as a CAS platform in missions because the rockets are guided and because (i think) laser guided bombs do not hit on the laser correctly for some reason.

On 26.2.2017 at 11:03 PM, WurschtBanane said:

This thing can basically not be used as a CAS platform in missions because the rockets are guided and because (i think) laser guided bombs do not hit on the laser correctly for some reason.

We know about that bug and we are investigating it right now. It has a high priority atm!

• Like 2

This is a bug fix release for the SU-35E. The LGB and rockets were fixed. Further support for texturing via vehicle customization in Eden was added.

The changelog for the SU-35:
Spoiler

2017-03-01 config
        - add textures for vehicle customization
2017-02-28 config
        - comment some value in kab500l, following Farquharson's advice
2017-02-27 models, config
        - add maneuvrability = 0 to 80mm rockets
        - run dep3d +fx on folder
2016-08-20 config
        - added Lesh's towing mod support
2016-08-15