TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@all - any discussion about ACE errors belongs to this tread - https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues.
Ace developers have to understand the basics of programing and inheritance, you don't mess up a base class for every one, but create a derivative for your mod so it can coexist with other community work.

Please allow this team to work on their ideas and make this content better, rather than asking to fix someone's else's work.

Thanks

Spartan out.

• Like 4

With all due respect John, we are trying to help.

I come away from this conversation somehow feeling that I have done something wrong In identifying the RPT log?

It was never my intention to distract anyone or create a problem I would hope that was clear? If there is an internal beef with ACE we're not aware of please don't take it out on me. I'm genuinely keen to see the best use of the mod and have enjoyed all the iterations so far.

Ace developers have to understand the basics of programing and inheritance, you don't mess up a base class for every one, but create a derivative for your mod so it can coexist with other community work.

We do not modify any vanilla values in base classes, we only add our own config values with an ACE prefix which help us make other mods compatible with our frameworks without them having to add any values themselves. I don't know why you think this might break other mods, because it certainly doesn't.

Those 3 lines in the RPT will not slow down your game, they're are just a small warning to let you know why something might not work as expected. No need to panic.

• Like 2

@Everyone, please keep it down a bit. We already clarified that the addition in the rpt-log will not hit performance since its a once per mission entry.

@serjames No need to feel bad, we appreciate any "bug" report, even if it turns out to be somewhat of a non problem!

• Like 1

Is there a way to add custom missiles to the service menu via script or in the editor? Such as the Pook SAM anti-radiation missiles?

Is there a way to add custom missiles to the service menu via script or in the editor? Such as the Pook SAM anti-radiation missiles?

Would like to know this too.

I had one with all the US air force mod weapons for personal use. I can take another look and submit changes. I want the ARM missiles too and the script I have adding them now isn't nice. Mod interoperability like that can turn to shit fast. For instance. USAirforce, unsung, firewill, and fa18 mods have different packs I believe and they are constantly being updated and there is even a full missile box mod in the works. That's a lot of work on updating and maintenance that doesn't seem fun. There are options though.

Amazing aircraft. I was wondering if it was possible to change / remove the hotkeys? or a version whitout them. As i use E all the time as rudder, and then it enables my afterburner. And i use S to pull up, and it engages/disengages the tailhook, and i use S to pul up before landing on carrier, so it is kinda annoying :)

Great plane no matter

Unbind or rebind seagull back and fast-foward under develompent controls to other keys and those things won't happen :)

Check the included PDF on page 7 for details.

Unbind or rebind seagull back and fast-foward under develompent controls to other keys and those things won't happen :)

Check the included PDF on page 7 for details.

THANK YOU SO MUCH ;)

• Like 1

Does anyone else have problems with GPS Targeting?

When I set a first target, everything works fine. I´ve set a GPS Coordinate, can lock the target, drop a bomb and the Bomb goes in it.

But when i set second target, i can´t lock it.

FYI I´ve only used the FA-18 Mod, nothing else.

Does anyone else have problems with GPS Targeting?

When I set a first target, everything works fine. I´ve set a GPS Coordinate, can lock the target, drop a bomb and the Bomb goes in it.

But when i set second target, i can´t lock it.

FYI I´ve only used the FA-18 Mod, nothing else.

Sorry for the late response!

Do you mean clearing the first one and then select a second on?

Because I was able to lock on a second one!

Sorry for the late response!

Do you mean clearing the first one and then select a second on?

Because I was able to lock on a second one!

Hi Moon_chilD

it is not exactly what I meant.

I get in to the Jet, open the GPS Target System and set a Target for a JDAM Bomb.

After the takeoff, I go up to 2000m, fly in to the direction where I've set the target (named GPS Target or something else), lock the target by pressing the "R" or "T" button on my keyboard (could`t remember exactly), see the square, wait until the point where I see the diamond to drop the Bomb and it goes in.

And now it is not able for me to lock the next Target, although I do it exactly the same as before. 

I know I have to clear the first target in the System, before I set the next one in the computer, what I always do.

Hi Moon_chilD

it is not exactly what I meant.

I get in to the Jet, open the GPS Target System and set a Target for a JDAM Bomb.

After the takeoff, I go up to 2000m, fly in to the direction where I've set the target (named GPS Target or something else), lock the target by pressing the "R" or "T" button on my keyboard (could`t remember exactly), see the square, wait until the point where I see the diamond to drop the Bomb and it goes in.

And now it is not able for me to lock the next Target, although I do it exactly the same as before. 

I know I have to clear the first target in the System, before I set the next one in the computer, what I always do.

That is what I meant  :D

I tried that (again) and it worked fine for me.

However, I might know what is happening to you. Am I right when I say, that there is a Vehicle at the position you are shooting? If yes, it could happen, that the GPS target point is behind the Vehicle and therefore not seen by the plane. 

Its a bit annoying, since you cannot lock to a vehicle itself. If you go for another run, from another direction, you might be able the hit your target.

You might be confused because you see a green (or whatever color you have) square which indicates a target. This target though could be the vehicle. If you press TAB (I think thats the default key) you assign that target and if you are close enough it tells you what that target is (in my case it said Ifrit).

If that is not the case - that you aim at a vehicle - then I have seriously no idea whats going on, since it works fine(ish) for me. If you would be able to record a video, that would be awesome!

It is a bit wonky nonetheless and we should try to think of a solution (that the GPS signal is always seen by the plane)

Many Greetings

Moony

That is what I meant  :D

I tried that (again) and it worked fine for me.

However, I might know what is happening to you. Am I right when I say, that there is a Vehicle at the position you are shooting? If yes, it could happen, that the GPS target point is behind the Vehicle and therefore not seen by the plane. 

Its a bit annoying, since you cannot lock to a vehicle itself. If you go for another run, from another direction, you might be able the hit your target.

You might be confused because you see a green (or whatever color you have) square which indicates a target. This target though could be the vehicle. If you press TAB (I think thats the default key) you assign that target and if you are close enough it tells you what that target is (in my case it said Ifrit).

If that is not the case - that you aim at a vehicle - then I have seriously no idea whats going on, since it works fine(ish) for me. If you would be able to record a video, that would be awesome!

It is a bit wonky nonetheless and we should try to think of a solution (that the GPS signal is always seen by the plane)

Many Greetings

Moony

Tanks for you quick respond Moon.

The targets are always big buildings.

One thing that I have noticed, is that sometimes I see a red dot on the Radar, where I've placed the and sometimes it isn't there.

Here are two Videos, where i try to lock a GPS Target.

https://youtu.be/w6P6POSA-uo

https://youtu.be/jTVbEneBf1Q

Edited by cabi1984

Tanks for you quick respond Moon.

The targets are always big buildings.

One thing that I have noticed, is that sometimes I see a red dot on the Radar, where I've placed the and sometimes it isn't there.

Here are two Videos, where i try to lock a GPS Target.

https://youtu.be/w6P6POSA-uo

https://youtu.be/jTVbEneBf1Q

Okay, I guess the same happens for you as what I explained.

The GPS Target is blocked and therefore the plane cannot see it (in your case it might be inside the house) because if you take an open area it works just fine. 

I recorded a video that demonstrates that pretty well. https://youtu.be/hJhtqFPgDSo

I had no problem locking the first target (only that the target showed up a bit to late) because the target seemed to be in front of the Ifrit. (Also, note my awesome miss -,-)

I was only able to lock the second target when I made a second attack run though because from the look of it, the Target was blocked by the Ifrit on the Airbase.

We will brainstorm that and try our best to come up with a fix. Thanks for the report!

Many Greetings

Moony

firewill found a solution, with his so called "advanced targeting system". you can place a gps target right onto a bulding.

i think he doesn't use a laserpoint (at least i didn't see one through nightvision goggles) for this, like you do with your targeting system.

and therefor, it can't be hidden by the building's walls and roof.

Laserpoint? I believe there is a GPS_ins... Object that is placed. This object is a vehicle that is named GPS/ins target. I spawn it on a game logic to prepopulate targeting for buildings or known targets.

oh, yes you're right. think it was an older version, that used laserpoints for gps targeting.

but anyway, firewill's system works, even if you place the gps target right on a building. maybe worth to take a look at it.

every GPS system I've seen uses a custom laser point of some sort.  Just setpos' the laser point adn uses it for a target.  Same could be done with an empty heli pad or a logic.  Just need something for the script to look at.

I guess that explains why some of my pilots were expressing concern that they would set a GPS Target and couldn't lock onto it. Also in some instances they and I were finding that we would not be able to reset targets. So if we did one, the target would not CLEAR Active TGT. The script would give you the white text about it b eing done, but the GPS Graphic would still show it there and it would still say the old TGT was ACTIVE. Therefore you would be unable to set a NEW TGT. 

!Hello All; i'd just like to know what or where do I find the keyboard or joystick controls for the F-18. I can launch off the deck of the USS Nimitzt with the 'shift' key but i can seem to make it go up, down, right or left. I can fly the Helicopters with my Thrustmaster joystick very well but see no airplane configuration options in Arma 3 for it.  Please help..

I think that's under controller options.  Almost certain you have to tell it to use the joystick in the list THEN you can configure the controls.  Kind of a redundant setting but I recall doing that on my Thrustmaster setup... not sure if that helps LOL

Thank's hcpookie; Last night I re-checked out the Arma3 controller interface and discovered the rest of the configuration thinggy in the 'Options Menu' that You suggest. I was really trying to figure out how to control the C-17 Globelmaster when i found it . There were a lot more listings for controls, and at first, I did not see any "AIRPLANE" tab but after checking it out closer I found the 'PLANE' configuration ('AIRPLANE').

I set my configs, and I was able to take off from the USS NIMITZ's deck  and fly around just like in the youtube Nimitz F-18.trailers. I was surprised at how well the F-18 flies. I did not see any option 'FIRE' button to assign but there my be one in that interface there someplace. Thank's Again for Your help....DBD     .