TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Please, I need some help.

I've downloaded the F/A-18 and the Su-35, I really like this planes, I've read tons of good things about this addons, but when I try to play with them appears this: 

Bad version 71 in p3d file '(the file name)'

Someone can help me with this?

Please, I need some help.

I've downloaded the F/A-18 and the Su-35, I really like this planes, I've read tons of good things about this addons, but when I try to play with them appears this: 

Bad version 71 in p3d file '(the file name)'

Someone can help me with this?

Seems that your game version is not up to date.

Update your game to current version which is 1.62 for now.

no CCIP and virtual targeting pod (vanilla ) for SU35.

GPS targeting work only if lock on it  "T"

GBU31 damage is less than GBU12

Updated mod v1.5.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey John_Spartan , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Updated mod v2.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey John_Spartan & Saul , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

no CCIP and virtual targeting pod (vanilla ) for SU35.

GPS targeting work only if lock on it  "T"

GBU31 damage is less than GBU12

Thank you sammael for your input:

1. You are right its missing. It will be added in the next update. I also realized that the cannons don't have CCIP aswell. I think it would be nice to have it on them aswell. (Just checked the A-164 and it has CCIP on its Cannon, unguided missiles and bombs)

2. What exactly do you mean by "GPS targeting work only if lock on it  "T""...From all I/we know that is how it is supposed to work. Please correct me if I'm wrong or I understood you wrong!

3. We will have a look on the damage values of them.

First of all thank you  for  your work on this.

2 - I thought that it works like gps on firewill F16C. I was wrong

3- I dropped GBU31 near 5m of HEMTT Truck.  Driver disembark and run away. After 3-4sec truck explode.

Now that I played around with it, it'd be great if GPS bombs could only target the GPS marker. Right now they target just about everything, so it's hard to find the actual target. Also, the lock time should be reduced to zero or almost zero.

Yeah, that has been discussed aswell - or better we also thought this his how its meant to be. The biggest problem is, while other targets can be locked, you cannot use that lock. 
Dunno know though, if there is an "easy" fix. I think we will have look into it though (Maybe xD).

2. What exactly do you mean by "GPS targeting work only if lock on it  "T""...From all I/we know that is how it is supposed to work. Please correct me if I'm wrong or I understood you wrong!

i found this inside this forum. don't know if it's helpful for you:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/154948-fa-18-super-hornet-and-su-35s-flanker-e/?p=2833632

Just been messing the with the awesome Su35..

Spotted some RPT config issues.

14:33:06 [ACE] (frag) WARNING: Ammo class js_a_su35_r77 lacks proper explosive properties definitions for frag!
14:42:11 [ACE] (frag) WARNING: Ammo class js_a_fa18_Aim9x lacks proper explosive properties definitions for frag!
14:45:15 [ACE] (frag) WARNING: Ammo class js_a_fa18_Maverick lacks proper explosive properties definitions for frag!

I assume this is a special ACE specific reference it is looking for ?

Just been messing the with the awesome Su35..

Spotted some RPT config issues.

14:33:06 [ACE] (frag) WARNING: Ammo class js_a_su35_r77 lacks proper explosive properties definitions for frag!
14:42:11 [ACE] (frag) WARNING: Ammo class js_a_fa18_Aim9x lacks proper explosive properties definitions for frag!
14:45:15 [ACE] (frag) WARNING: Ammo class js_a_fa18_Maverick lacks proper explosive properties definitions for frag!

I assume this is a special ACE specific reference it is looking for ?

Yes, that's part of the ACE fragmentation framework, see http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/frag-framework.html 

This mod does not support it. After a brief discussion within the dev team we most likely will not support it in future either, as the fragmentation calculation for the bombs and rockets might have a noticeable impact on the framerate. 

TeTeT

Why don't you add in the configuration the disability value for ace fragmentation.

True, if its anything like the BIS submunition category it most certainly will!  Experienced considerable lag resulting from use of the submunition simulation.  Calculating and spawning all those random fragments can kill frame rate.  That's why most CBU scripts don't have "true" bomblets.  Relying upon the indirect damage values and effects is arguably "good enough" for a fragmentation model.  "good enough"  :)

More to the point, however, is that people playing the game should DISABLE LOGGING!  Logging is only useful for the mod team when they are troubleshooting the development of the mod, and should never be used for a normal game play!

The log file writes is a very costly thing for the OS to perform, and so it can have an impact on frame rates.  Gets worse as the game progresses.  Add the -nologs switch!!!!

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Performance

Not sure I can agree about the RPT logging. I'd agree if modders were more conscious of the errors their kit is spamming. (Present company excused of course) but without logging we would have no idea what caused that error /crash etc.

It shouldn't be us that test, but modders can't be expected to check every combination. So you get reports like Mine

Sarkgen is right, just disable Ace frag

I think what Pookie wanted to say (sorry if untrue): That Logging should not be used during gameplay but only for testing purpose. Meaning, if you are on a super important mission of your unit you should deactivate it. If you feel something is fishy with the mod set, you should test it with Logging and deactivate it afterwards (after you have the necessary data/rpt-log) ^^

• Like 1

My report was created in exactly that circumstance. My call to test and define what mods we use. Rpt's are key to that.

Tbh I have 0 slowdowns due to logging. MP play makes 1000% more difference in SP I run >60fps at 4K in most instances

I think what Pookie wanted to say (sorry if untrue): That Logging should not be used during gameplay but only for testing purpose. Meaning, if you are on a super important mission of your unit you should deactivate it. If you feel something is fishy with the mod set, you should test it with Logging and deactivate it afterwards (after you have the necessary data/rpt-log) ^^

PRECISELY my point.  NORMAL "let's play" game play should have no logging on whatsoever.  Any sort of logging/diagnostic action affects performance, especially with this CPU-intensive game.  Those log files can grow into GIGABYTES in size.  Yep.  So you must store that in your memory/page file and guess what, you want that memory free for other things like the game :)

Have a problem?  OF COURSE (duh) turn on logging to see if you can capture it.  It won't capture CTD issues nor will it reveal script activity, but it may show some funkiness here and there.  To be honest, MOST (not all) of the log-related reports are benign, meaning you can live with them even if they aren't corrected.  I'm not aware that the dump files can be opened in a debugger like you would with a blue screen dump, however those would be useful to find CTD-related issues only. 

Unfortunately the true performance hogs are the scripting solutions, and frankly they are all a "black box" so to speak, and you can't even capture their activity with OS-related debug tools.  It would be nice to have some sort of verbose logging for a SQF script such as you can have for OS-related diagnostics, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

In case you haven't guessed by now, I know a few things about system diagnostics stuff... it's my day job :)

However if you want to spam your disk with log writes constantly, feel free :D

Now with that clarified, lets switch back to the topic of the thread. ^^
This stuff can be discussed elsewhere.

Now with that clarified, lets switch back to the topic of the thread. ^^

This stuff can be discussed elsewhere.

agree.

So what was the outcome is the error to be ignored or will you fix it ?

• Like 1

There is not much to be fixed. The error just tells us, that the ACE Fragmentation is not applied to the ammunition (Bombs and stuff) of the F/A-18 and therefore will not work with it. Don't think it will cause to much problems! 

From how I know ACE it will be a pop up (in the rpt) once every mission and will not spam the RPT. 
ATM we are not planing to integrate the fragmentation framework.