TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

It's been a while since I had a time to work on these beasts, so here is some light to shed on what's happening next with these awesome jets. Please read the first post by Saul for full details.

Please welcome TeTeT - he will be looking after the future updates for F/A-18 E/F & Su35 mods. As promised this mod pack will stay free and available to all community to enjoy.

"This is not goodbye or us stepping down - this is us move on to new secret projects and regrouping before next battle...
John & Saul"

Spartan out.

• Like 9

It's been a while since I had a time to work on these beasts, so here is some light to shed on what's happening next with these awesome jets. Please read the first post by Saul for full details.

Please welcome TeTeT - he will be looking after the future updates for F/A-18 E/F & Su35 mods. As promised this mod pack will stay free and available to all community to enjoy.

"This is not goodbye or us stepping down - this is us move on to new secret projects and regrouping before next battle...

John & Saul"

Spartan out.

Well... THANK YOU!! For the awesome jets. You guys really went above and beyond the call with the F-18, SU-35 and F-18X. Good luck with the secret projects!   :P  And hopefully we'll hear from you again soon!

It's a great honour to maintain these great jets in the future! I thank John_Spartan and Saul for their trust and confidence and of course providing us with these excellent planes!

First goal is to reduce the impact of the recent arma3 patches (apex et al) on the planes and eliminate any pop up errors. Please bear with us while we setup our environment for collaboration on the planes. Once testing has been completed a bug fix release will be made. In due time we will then see what the future for the jets hold ... 

TeTeT

• Like 9

So that means F-18 pack, F-18X Black Wasp and Su-35S will get to be actual again? HELL YES!  B)

TeTet,

Glad to hear your talent is continuing this very important mod. 

Thank You

Vengeance

Now John Spartan, about those secret projects.... :)

Great news on these awesome birds beeing updated and JSpartan&Saul still kicking on their secret project (hope to see it released on a nearer future)

Tetet, I recall Kimi had experimented on implementing HMD function on the Hornets (and maybe the SUperflanker) with Sauls´s and JSpartan´s blessings, but as there wasn´t an official update, it hasn´t "aired" (pun intended), does this long waited feature will be presented on this upcoming update?

Keep up the great work, guys!

Cheers!

John & Saul"

Spartan out.

Appreciate you ensuring these beauties get continued support. Also, would the carrier be included in the list of secret projects?  ;)

With great pleasure Leshrack, Moon_chilD and I provide you with this bug fix release. We decided to call it the legacy release, as we haven't changed much. Only those annoying popup errors have been overcome by Leshracks config and scripting magic. The only little tidbit that is new is the ability to fold wings via an Eden attribute in the 3d editor.

We left intentionally all credits and author and version information as is - it's a legacy release, there to honour the great authors John_Spartan and Saul and all their helpers!

However, we will not stay idle and have our own goals. While the HMD is currently not on our TODO list, we do want to provide a nice integration with eden, updating the SQF in the scripts and in general provide a good experience for players.

Of course there will still be bugs in this release and we will do our best to fix them in upcoming maintenance and bug fix releases. However, don't expect a rapid release cycle, please.

Currently the distribution channels are being filled. Unfortunately I could not publish to John's workshop on steam, so I had to create new pages. I will update this post:

Su-35

F/A-18E/F

[Edit: Added steam and torrent links]

[Edit2: Added PWS links]

Edited by TeTeT
  • Like 8

Thanks for the update  :) Are you carrying the development of the black wasp as well?

Nope, the Wasp is still in the Hands of John and Saul ^^

• Like 1

Thanks Tet and co, good to get these backup in the air :)

yWSlE6k.jpg

• Like 1

GPS/INS fixed?

Perhaps check the readme/changelog ;)

• Like 1

Is anyone else having performance issues/game crashes when attempting to use the GBU-38's? When I lock onto a target and drop the ordinance I get a major drop in frames per second, could just be my rig being a POS though, appears to only happen when attacking actual targets, had no issues when playing as the WSO and aiming at a laser. Also, still getting some kind of error message with the SU-35, something about external fuel process?

Do you guys intend to implement the bombsight to the HUD since BIS finally added it for vanilla aircraft?

well, it makes the whole server crash when I drop a GBU-32

This is strong bombs you know. Be happy it destroy only server, not whole internet ;)

Thanks for the bug report, we're investigating on the issue with the bombs.

Question regarding the F-version. How would you guys feel about moving the GPS/INS menu option to the WSO (or possibly both pilot and WSO)?

I'm not a fixed wing buff in any shape or form, but to me it just feels a bite more logical to let the WSO handle the target designation since he's the one deploying the freedomz.

Modified player == driver to player == gunner;

class CfgVehicles
{
	class Plane;
	class JS_JC_FA18F: Plane
	{
		class UserActions
		{
			class GPS_targeting_system
			{
				condition = "player in this and player == gunner this and ((""js_m_fa18_GBU38_JDAM_x1"" in magazines this) or (""js_m_fa18_GBU32_JDAM_x1"" in magazines this) or (""js_m_fa18_GBU31_JDAM_x1"" in magazines this))";
			};
		};
	};
};

We've isolated the issue with the GBU-32 and GBU-38 to the setting 'autoSeekTarget =1'. On larger maps like Altis and Tanoa this causes the massive slow down, while on Stratis and VR it basically works. Testing the removal of this setting is on the way. 

Bamse, I like the idea, but it basically means making an incompatible change with the released aircraft, so if it's been done for sure in another major release.

YanYatCheng and odie0351, for now please use the GPS system for the GBU-32 and GBU-38. YanYatCheng, you mention a server crash, we could not reproduce that so far. Can you outline the steps to reproduce?

odie0351, the CCIP mode is being worked upon :) What error do you get for the SU-35, I do not see any so far.

TeTeT

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer!

We don't really plan on adding "new" stuff atm.
Right now the main focus lies on bug fixing!

Only the future can tell what could happen  :P