TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Is there any way to make these work with the Virtual CAS module? Every time I try to call in an F18 in a test mission with the virtual module the side chat says the aircraft is on the way, then a second later "lost contact with aircraft". I guess this is because when it spawns the plane it either spawns one that isn't "flying" that instantly crashes, or it just spawns a bomb that falls to the ground and explodes. Not sure how to fix it. Other planes I try like the vanilla "wipeout" work fine, and even other modded planes like the RHS A-10 work okay.

I would do it the old fashion way of spawning the F18 and syncing a regular CAS support module to it, but unfortunately spawning the plane in as FLYING it's in full afterburner for some unknown reason and crosses the entire map at the beginning of the mission and basically circles the whole map instead of a loiter waypoint until requested. Sort of ruins the effect I'm going for of having a carrier off shore with planes on standby if they're streaking across the map every 5 minutes in full afterburner. I know the AI pilots are stupid but for some reason in these planes they seem to think full afterburner and a massively wide turn radius encompassing the whole map qualifies as "loitering" a few clicks off shore.

I've had the same problem with my Harrier, no clue why that happens though.

Hi guys, i'm having a weird issue with the GPS/INS :( i tested it in my server with all the different mods and also tested it with ONLY the F18 n MCC mod only.  The problem is, i tried to do a JDAM 500lbs to 2000lbs bomb drop but for the first few targets im able to find and lock on the the "GPS Target" boxes, After awhile i can no longer see the GPS Target anymore and my jet radar also cant see any red target indicator anymore. . . .is there anything i need to know more about the GPS/INS for this mod? i used it normally marked and erased everytime i changed to different targets but sometimes the GPS/INS targeting system just dont work anymore :( can someone help me or elaborate to me thanks ! :huh:

Hi guys, I am absolutely loving the F/A-18F variant at the moment, flying it is a blast and I have longed to act as a weapons officer on coop missions, thus you have made myself and my group extremely happy by giving us not just an effective but damn cool Strike Fighter to fly. However, I have hit some sort of a snag with the GBU38's and their GPS targeting system. I have looked back through many pages but haven't seen anything of the issue and if I missed it, please forgive me.

The GPS Targeting system on both the Echo and Foxtrot variants seems to be random at best. I have been flying around for the past hour trying to set targets to destroy and its taken me that whole hour to drop five of my six GBU38's. No matter what distance, heading, speed or altitude I am from the target I cannot get the GPS to consistently work. 90% of the time I get a map marker and nothing else, so I clear the target and restart and again the same until eventually I get a target to hit. When I try the same thing again, setting up a new target the problem resets itself and once again I am flying back and forth trying to get a target down to bomb.

Am I missing something? I've read both the pilots manual and the readme and didn't see anything about having certain conditions to be met other than clearing any current targets, marking a new one, using the vanilla lock methods and then releasing. I am by no means trying to criticize your outstanding work, simply point out a slight bug (or find out what I am doing wrong). I have been playing with the Black Wasp too and it suffers the same problem with the 38's, however, the smaller bombs (I forget their names but the 250lbs with the wings) seem to work fine.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my post, absolutely stellar work gentlemen!

I'm facing the same issues as you :( i tried flying around marking targets for GPS/INS JDAM strike but randomly the GPS/INS will not appear or no lock at all. I've even tested it only with F/A 18 mod on and still having this inconsistent issue, the GBU 38(500lbs), GBU 32(1000lbs) and GBU 31(2000lbs) the same catergory bombs are having some werid issues with the GPS/ins targeting. Now i know im not alone ><

I think it's because the F/A18 wants a direct line of sight to the target... which it shouldn't need, since it's a GPS guided munition. I messed around with the F35A from the USAF pack, and didn't have any issues using its GPS-guided system. I also couldn't find any real differences in the config files either in regards to the lock system.
Try putting a GPS mark outside a building and hitting it with a GBU, and try putting the mark inside the building - the later won't work.

Is there any change for little compatibility patch for RHS Escalation to show the plane on Russian and US side? Sorry if it was asked before.....

Hi guys i feel little bit this thread is without update so i guess most of people would like to ask what is happened with this aircrafts and what is current update for USS Freedom ? Thank you anyway guys :D 

Hi guys i feel little bit this thread is without update so i guess most of people would like to ask what is happened with this aircrafts and what is current update for USS Freedom ? Thank you anyway guys :D

I can tell you when the next update is going to be... when its here. 

I can tell you when the next update is going to be... when its here. 

I don't ask for Update only for news about this dude and about air carrier ! lol :O

I don't ask for Update only for news about this dude and about air carrier ! lol :o

Yeah, and update on the progress of the mod. Its being mentioned time and time again on these forums that this is something modders post on their own terms. Cmon man, just be a little patient  ^_^

Yeah, and update on the progress of the mod. Its being mentioned time and time again on these forums that this is something modders post on their own terms. Cmon man, just be a little patient  ^_^

However guess this is off !

Hey great work. Keep it up! :)

But i have a problem. I dont get how to disable the Master arms "SAFETY" system. 

I look forward to get some help. :P

THX

Hey great work. Keep it up! :)

But i have a problem. I dont get how to disable the Master arms "SAFETY" system. 

I look forward to get some help. :P

THX

Switch weapons by pressing "F" by default. 

Switch weapons by pressing "F" by default. 

Haha no thats my problem i cant switch. Only from my 20mm cannon to the safety system and back. 

And yes i got other weapons equiped than the Gau cannon.

But thx anyway M8 :)

Haha no thats my problem i cant switch. Only from my 20mm cannon to the safety system and back. 

And yes i got other weapons equiped than the Gau cannon.

But thx anyway M8 :)

Then you're probably flying the two seater version, the F/A-18F with the WSO in the back. Switch to manual fire or take the single seat version, the F/A-18E. 

Don't know if anyone has said this before or if anyone needs this, but this is the init script I found that works to make the F-18 wings fold when they it is spawned.

nul=[this,1] execVM "\js_jc_fa18\scripts\misc\FA18_foldwings.sqf" 

Frisco1522

Don't know if anyone has said this before or if anyone needs this, but this is the init script I found that works to make the F-18 wings fold when they it is spawned.

nul=[this,1] execVM "\js_jc_fa18\scripts\misc\FA18_foldwings.sqf" 

Frisco1522

You can also use module, sync it with bird. You can select fold/unfold wings, paintscheme and ordnance on spawn :)

Is there any issue with using this on a linux server that anyone knows of? My group wants to use it, but I'm being told that there is issues when the mission is loading up with the jet placed. I'm not fully informed on what exactly is happening and just wanted to find some info on what could be the issue as I start to look into this.

To let everyone else know, I figured out what the problem was with using this mod on a linux server. With windows capitilization isn't an issue, but with linux it is a big deal. So, to make it work, the mod call for the server needs to be all lower case, i.e. "mod=/@js_jc_f18;" I also changed @JS_JC_F18 to @js_jc_f18, as well as the files inside the mod. Finally, I changed the header of the mission.sqm file, where it lists the required addons, to be lowercase as well. I don't know if ALL of these changes need to be made, I wanted to be thorough, but for me and my group it is working now.

anyone else got problems with this mod in combination with @tfar? we have access to the radio, can adjust it, but it won't work.

so we take a longrange radio on back with us, when fliying with the hornet; but that can't be it.

We use it with TFAR, 0 problems. NO idea why yours don't work, maybe other mod conflict?

Yeah seems to me that it looks like the mods dead. Or at least sleeping

Yeah seems to me that it looks like the mods dead. Or at least sleeping

Last I heard John Spartan and Saul we're working on a "new project". 

Saul & me are not asleep or neither we have abandoned the project...

When the we have something to show we will share it with the community, till that - patience...

@SS9 - is there any major bugs with latest updates? Have we missed something?

I apologize if asked already guys but landing gear does not function both ways in multiplayer for me. Even prior to 1.54 stable release.