TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@John :

RHS escalation has the same problem with the attack helicopters.

On ArmA 3 vanilla choppers however, it does work.

Hi guys, I am absolutely loving the F/A-18F variant at the moment, flying it is a blast and I have longed to act as a weapons officer on coop missions, thus you have made myself and my group extremely happy by giving us not just an effective but damn cool Strike Fighter to fly. However, I have hit some sort of a snag with the GBU38's and their GPS targeting system. I have looked back through many pages but haven't seen anything of the issue and if I missed it, please forgive me.

The GPS Targeting system on both the Echo and Foxtrot variants seems to be random at best. I have been flying around for the past hour trying to set targets to destroy and its taken me that whole hour to drop five of my six GBU38's. No matter what distance, heading, speed or altitude I am from the target I cannot get the GPS to consistently work. 90% of the time I get a map marker and nothing else, so I clear the target and restart and again the same until eventually I get a target to hit. When I try the same thing again, setting up a new target the problem resets itself and once again I am flying back and forth trying to get a target down to bomb.

Am I missing something? I've read both the pilots manual and the readme and didn't see anything about having certain conditions to be met other than clearing any current targets, marking a new one, using the vanilla lock methods and then releasing. I am by no means trying to criticize your outstanding work, simply point out a slight bug (or find out what I am doing wrong). I have been playing with the Black Wasp too and it suffers the same problem with the 38's, however, the smaller bombs (I forget their names but the 250lbs with the wings) seem to work fine.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my post, absolutely stellar work gentlemen!

Edited by wiggie
  • Like 1

@John :

RHS escalation has the same problem with the attack helicopters.

On ArmA 3 vanilla choppers however, it does work.

Ok, problem solved:

it's just since last update, they added a new key to change the weapons - which was previously the same as change the rate of fire.

I just didn't notice it at first...

The ranges dont differ for AA rockets. Short, medium and longrange (SU) is the same. Is this a bug, am doing s.t. wrong?

WSO is not able to lock anything on a laser target in Arma 3 1.44, F/A-18 F 1.9

nvm, seems like some other mod blocks it..

Edited by Astavinu

I love this addons, but it has a few minor problems. FA18F weapons officer and fire control devices synchronized perspective, i hope to fix this problem. and Eject will cause arma 3 stop working

Edited by Narcissu

hi,

maybe alredy ask in this thread but i have a request,because there are some conflicts with the hotkeys...for the afterburner especially!!let me explane why...this 4 example uses the "seagull keys",f18x user action 1,and firewill F16 user_action_3...can you configure it with cba???I m not a modder but,in my opinion is really bettyer because you find separate config if you in game open:Options/Control/Configure Addons...anyway thanks for you work,i admire it since arma 2.Bye.

@Tuna $ Jones - GPS/INS guided [GBU31/32/38 bombs] ordinance in this mod does not require the diamond lock to appear [you will see that once really close to target]. The ordinance will self guide itself from up to 12km to target as long as you can acquire square lock [by pressing T default key]. So to actually successfully drop a GPS guided bomb:

- make sure the aircraft loud out has at least one of GBU31/32/38 bombs equipped

- open "GPS/INS targeting system" action/dialog and select target [try avoiding placing target marker in canter of large buildings, put near, engine limitation here...]

- check on the map has the marker been placed

- fly towards the marker on altitude safe from enemy AA and ensure clear line of sight to target

- select weapon that can launch GBU31/32/38 bombs [otherwise you wont see target]

- once on the radar you see red square appearing on the marked position you can lock it up by pressing lock key [T or tab by default]

- adjust altitude and speed to ensure smooth glide path of ordinance [with 10km distance you will end up at least 3km high at cruise speed of 500-600]

- don't wait for diamond lock to appear release the bomb once you are happy with aircraft heading and altitude relative to target [again ensure target is within 30 degree cone in front of aircraft]

- once bombs released return to safe altitude and path to avoid enemy AA, recommend usage of FAC on ground to confirm hits, rather than following the bombs

that's how we designed it to work - if this fails with game update let us know and we will look in to fix for that [sTABLE game branch only]

@Knight - is that the latest camo? I might a missed this then, I seen it but did not realize it's latest Russian air force camo for the jet. We are still struggling to gather all intel on cabin markings and detail, but once done we will push for an update with much nicer and detailed cockpit.

Hello,

First thanks for this F18, and complete service menu !

In the editor/preview no problem, but when it runs on Dedicated Servers, I dont have the red square, so i can't lock target.

Thanks

Edited by flyingcoyotus

Hello, first I'll start with BIG THANK YOU to John_Spartan and Saul for awesome F18 mod. I'm from 15th MEU Realism Unit (over 500 active members) and I'm part of VMFA(AW)-225 Vikings Detachment (8 people, 4 birds) where we use double seater. It's awesome, I'm pretty sure that is most lethal aircraft in our unit. I myself have over 120 hours flown in double seater and my detachment have over 1000 hours combined with this bird. We use you mod for year or more and we love it. 99% of time we use it with USS Nimitz mod. So again, thanks for providing such awesome mod. Here's my question, is there anything we as users or you as creator can do with WSO camera shaking? Camera is stable when we are in stable flight but when you start turning camera starts shaking and when we fly at 4000m or higher it's hard to spot infantry targets.

Also here you can find few videos made by me using your awesome bird: https://www.youtube.com/user/bajorq/videos

If anyone need help with using ordnance in F18 you can ask me, I use it minimum 5 hours a week and all works for me :D

@Bajorg, thanks for kind words and glad you lads put the F/A-18's in a good use. As for TGT system atm we just don't have the time and also we are waiting on some clarity from BI. Does the vanilla UAV's function better in similar conditions? Maybe I can research the stup used by BI on thi subject and find a solution to apply with next update.

@SS9 - mod will be updated only to have vanilla game patch compatibility or new engine tech introduced. As for more complex targeting system - we are kind of waiting on vanilla update/expansion [there is a placeholder for targeting pod system unfinished] so you will have to wait...

Edited by John_Spartan

I was hoping Kimi would add HMD functionality for both the Wasp/Hornets and Flankers! Any talks between him and you Spartan or Saul???

I haven´t tested Service Menu yet but it seems the 1.48 A3 update FUBARed all missiles/weapons proxies..gotta check it out!

cheers!

;2969084']I was hoping Kimi would add HMD functionality for both the Wasp/Hornets and Flankers! Any talks between him and you Spartan or Saul???

I haven´t tested Service Menu yet but it seems the 1.48 A3 update FUBARed all missiles/weapons proxies..gotta check it out!

cheers!

Hey John just so you know the bo_mk82 parent classname is messed up and is causing the issue with the proxies.

@Fuller, can you explain in more detail what functionality has been affected with 1.48 vanilla game update?

@Fuller, can you explain in more detail what functionality has been affected with 1.48 vanilla game update?

Basically anything that is inheriting from bo_mk82 and bombcore has been effected. When i launched my mod it was all kinds of messed up because some of my racks and such inherited from the bomb class. I changed the bombs to laserbombcore or M_Air_AA and it fixed the issue. So if you have anything that is inherting the normal bomb class that isnt a bomb just change it to the M_Air_AA. Then change the bombs to laserbombcore and have it not able to track laser in the normal config.

So i have downloaded the Superhornet mod (V1.9) and the UI for the speed etc is not working, it is currently using the default arma 3 interface for vehicles as well as the afterburners being binded to the right rudder input key and also the hook auto deploying and retracting itself, please help as this is affecting a server me and a friend have set up.

Basically anything that is inheriting from bo_mk82 and bombcore has been effected. When i launched my mod it was all kinds of messed up because some of my racks and such inherited from the bomb class. I changed the bombs to laserbombcore or M_Air_AA and it fixed the issue. So if you have anything that is inherting the normal bomb class that isnt a bomb just change it to the M_Air_AA. Then change the bombs to laserbombcore and have it not able to track laser in the normal config.

I also just managed to shoot down an aircraft using the SU-35's AGM's

@All - and I was hoping for an early retirement... ok will look into the update for these bad boys to make 1.48 STABLE game compatible.

Hey there !

I'm trying to add a crashed F18 with the editor (not a wreck), I can't get the animations working :

class Item12

{

position[]={8259.1748,296.04001,1971.5834};

azimut=-36.013199;

special="NONE";

id=66;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="JS_JC_FA18F";

lock="LOCKED";

skill=0.60000002;

health=1;

fuel=0;

text="F18";

init="this animate [""ejection_seat_hide"",0]; this animate [""ejection_seat_wso_hide"",0]; this animate [""rcanopy_hide"",0]; this animate [""n_wheels"",0]; this animate [""r_wheel"",0]; this animate [""l_wheel"",0];";

syncId=0;

synchronizations[]={0};

}

I tried both 1 and 0 everywhere and couldn't get it.

Does anyone have any clue ?

Thanks !

@Bajorq, thanks for kind words and glad you lads put the F/A-18's in a good use. As for TGT system atm we just don't have the time and also we are waiting on some clarity from BI. Does the vanilla UAV's function better in similar conditions? Maybe I can research the stup used by BI on thi subject and find a solution to apply with next update.

Well, after testing I can tell that vanilla uav cameras also shakes, but less:

here uav - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvWXmJPdznw

here f18 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1DQF_aFUo

P.s. you thought about adding new ACE mod laser code function to your mod?

P.p.s. Is there any chance that you will make option for WSO to take controls in double seater?

P.p.p.s. Any chance of allowing pilot to see what WSO see in his camera?

P.p.p.p.s. When you "retire" will you allow ppl to make edits to your mod? NOt for uploading it anywhere but just for personal use, like in unit/clan.

Edited by bajorq

Will the WSO for the Foxtrot model have an HMD like the one you see in battlefield?

I'm tired being forced to used the ALTFLIR to lock onto an air target that the fuselage is blocking. Then when I try to lock onto them in the cockpit, my head keeps turning all over the place becasue the ALTFLIR is controlling my head for some reason.

Is there any way to "broadcast" to other players on a Server that i`m having this addon and invite someone to join me in the second seat? Auto-add them in the right channel on TeamSpeak?

Nope, no method of auto-join channel depending F/A18-mod.

Are you playing on a server that has that mod loaded, and clients are allowed to join it without having it loaded? O_o .... that's just wrong on so many levels :)

Is there any way to make these work with the Virtual CAS module? Every time I try to call in an F18 in a test mission with the virtual module the side chat says the aircraft is on the way, then a second later "lost contact with aircraft". I guess this is because when it spawns the plane it either spawns one that isn't "flying" that instantly crashes, or it just spawns a bomb that falls to the ground and explodes. Not sure how to fix it. Other planes I try like the vanilla "wipeout" work fine, and even other modded planes like the RHS A-10 work okay.

I would do it the old fashion way of spawning the F18 and syncing a regular CAS support module to it, but unfortunately spawning the plane in as FLYING it's in full afterburner for some unknown reason and crosses the entire map at the beginning of the mission and basically circles the whole map instead of a loiter waypoint until requested. Sort of ruins the effect I'm going for of having a carrier off shore with planes on standby if they're streaking across the map every 5 minutes in full afterburner. I know the AI pilots are stupid but for some reason in these planes they seem to think full afterburner and a massively wide turn radius encompassing the whole map qualifies as "loitering" a few clicks off shore.

P.p.s. Is there any chance that you will make option for WSO to take controls in double seater?

Actually, most line squadrons (VFA-2,32,103,22,41,102, 213,154,11) don't have two-seater piloting capability as far as I know and strictly WSO slots, i.e. can't control the aircraft if needed.

However VFA-122 and -106 have a "drop in" secondary stick that allows the back seater to take control if necessary (and matter of fact most of the front seat is echoed in the back) but for argument's sake since John_Spartan made more of a line combat version, that it's correct.

• Like 1