TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

It seems that the co-pilot in a F/A-18F is not able to take controls (only tried in editor with only myself sitting in the WSO seat). On purpose? The turret for the co-pilot does not have "isCopilot" set to "1". Came across this as I was trying to implement a generic script to detect co-pilot seats as checking for "turret [0]" doesn't work with a lot of community provided helicopters.

So the above is just me asking from a mod developers standpoint. Now my take on it as a "user": I would think its proper to have the WSO also have co-pilot abilities as you might find your pilot incapacitated or similar. Sure this beauty is OP as it is, but isn't that rather "realistic"? For closed communities its not an issue at all, they will just make sure there are always two pilots running a F/A-18F. And if the public space deems this to be a problem, well, they can script their way around it, make sure one cannot take off without a second pilot or similar. Just make sure that when one pilot ejects, the other one is force-ejected as well (it might already do that, don't know).

Just my thoughts :)

Thanks for this quality mod!

Edited by Gundy

Have you guys considered doing a Navy carrier borne version of the SU-35S? It would be awesome to have it 100% compatible with the Nimitz like the F-18 for Russian carrier Ops that would use Nimitz as a proxy.

@Makh7991 - atm no we have no plans for naval SU33 or SU35 modification. Even thou we have Gnats A2 Su33 pack shared and probably it can be updated to look nice in A3. But now lack of time is making this impossible. Lets finish the SU35 first. It still needs:

- finishing cockpit textures

- cockpit lights

- pilots camera for self target designation capability

- some updated textures

- Russian and English HUD versions

once that's fully finished and we will be done with FA18X only then we might talk about any other project mate.

Hmm have to ask you guys have a little sneak peek of the carry? Just wondering that's all

Downloaded the @JS_JC_SU35 from armaholicks 1.4 seems to have the flashing mirrors & one or two bugs still, glad to hear there is more to come re this addon. Love your stuff sir.

This f-18 is now my favourite plane in A3. I usually provide CAS for my friends so...

However, i noticed that AGM-84 is not always striking target, usually landing 1m around target. AGM-65 is way more precise and takes out targets way more efficiently. Is that bug or design decision?

Latest Armaholics F18. Cant get the GBU to lock on to marker, & how do you turn the laz des on from the second WSO seat? Is there a readme for targets?

Worked in the editor but not on dedicated, may be thats the problem.

Tested again & seems to be a Dedicated server problem. Any ideas how to fix?

Edited by jgaz-uk

I'm also have issue with being able to lock GPS targets with the GBUs. Not sure what the issue is...

@Fathersarge & Jagz-UK

- GBU12 is a Laser Guided munitions so WSO is able to designate/lock and guide the ordinance to target. Not meant to be used with GPS/INS

- GBU31/32/38 are so know JDAM type bombs - so they are designed to work with GPS/INS guidance [thou in F version there might be a multiplayer bug where WSO cant lock them as advertised, will be fixed with next service patch]

@Weatherstation - F/A-18's E/F are getting only compatibility/service patches + fixes if needed to be compatible with latest vanilla game version. F/A-18 X Black Wasp is the FUTURE...

i can't lock on with the GBU-32s using the Gps targeting system :(

i can't lock on with the GBU-32s using the Gps targeting system :(

Press the "set GPS target" button in the GPS interface, then click on the map within the interface where you want your bomb to drop. You should now have a visual representation of where your target is on your aircraf HUD (as displayed by a green box). Fly towards the target and press "T" on your keyboard when you're in range to lock on, and drop the bomb when you have a solid diamond.

Ahm john do you guys have some plans with Su-35 new skins like this one ? ;)

x4qb87.jpg

@Tuna $ Jones - GPS/INS guided [GBU31/32/38 bombs] ordinance in this mod does not require the diamond lock to appear [you will see that once really close to target]. The ordinance will self guide itself from up to 12km to target as long as you can acquire square lock [by pressing T default key]. So to actually successfully drop a GPS guided bomb:

- make sure the aircraft loud out has at least one of GBU31/32/38 bombs equipped

- open "GPS/INS targeting system" action/dialog and select target [try avoiding placing target marker in canter of large buildings, put near, engine limitation here...]

- check on the map has the marker been placed

- fly towards the marker on altitude safe from enemy AA and ensure clear line of sight to target

- select weapon that can launch GBU31/32/38 bombs [otherwise you wont see target]

- once on the radar you see red square appearing on the marked position you can lock it up by pressing lock key [T or tab by default]

- adjust altitude and speed to ensure smooth glide path of ordinance [with 10km distance you will end up at least 3km high at cruise speed of 500-600]

- don't wait for diamond lock to appear release the bomb once you are happy with aircraft heading and altitude relative to target [again ensure target is within 30 degree cone in front of aircraft]

- once bombs released return to safe altitude and path to avoid enemy AA, recommend usage of FAC on ground to confirm hits, rather than following the bombs

that's how we designed it to work - if this fails with game update let us know and we will look in to fix for that [sTABLE game branch only]

@Knight - is that the latest camo? I might a missed this then, I seen it but did not realize it's latest Russian air force camo for the jet. We are still struggling to gather all intel on cabin markings and detail, but once done we will push for an update with much nicer and detailed cockpit.

Edited by John_Spartan

first thank's for reply ;)

yes that is the latest Russian air force Su-35 camo i mean that is now the standard of RuAF i guess, they have helicopters jets etc in this dark grey paint scheme

30wm1jl.jpg

@Knight - is that the latest camo? I might a missed this then, I seen it but did not realize it's latest Russian air force camo for the jet. We are still struggling to gather all intel on cabin markings and detail, but once done we will push for an update with much nicer and detailed cockpit.

Its VSS grey, its the default camo for all russian aircraft, i think the PAK FA has got it now, i believe its like the F-16 Sliver camo, its almost default, though i think Sukhoi has publicized this and the SU-32 as having the Blue Sky and Splinter Grey camos

hi guys.

Dunno whether you're aware of it or not, but with the F version, I can't have acess to the missiles when I use "manual fire" nor if I tell the gunner to switch weapons.

hi guys.

Dunno whether you're aware of it or not, but with the F version, I can't have acess to the missiles when I use "manual fire" nor if I tell the gunner to switch weapons.

Up, don't know whether you saw it or not.

Will you guys add Hydra Rocket Pods?

I like the direct fire approach

@OfficerAMR - Su35 already has a set of 4x20 rockets in the service menu available. F/A18's were not meant to carry any. If I am not mistaken then older A/B/C/D models only had them in use. We have no plans to add this feature on E/F model's in this mod. I would rather focus on making existing weapons behave a nit more authentic.